I Can't Get There From Here

AtlanticBeach

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
Beginning in May, trying to fly on US Airways from Jacksonville is going to require patience and planning.

It will not be possible to fly to the west coast in the morning. The earliest flight to CLT will depart at 855A, missing the connections to California and other locations. Double connections and 12 hours of travel will still be available for morning departure, though.

The morning flight to Philly also misses the morning bank to the west. But, PHL is supposed to be considered as “The International Gatewayâ€￾. That is not a problem if you don’t mind a 1015A departure and a 5-hour layover in southeastern Pennsylvania. The return from Europe also results in a 5-hour layover from most flights.

But the good news is that if you want to travel to DCA, there are two flights in the morning. They will depart at 717A and 725A respectively.

Historically, a 700A JAX-CLT has been full for years, even when it was a 321. A single morning flight to DCA has seldom seen loads above 75%.

This set of decisions is most curious. While I don’t comprehend the best method of managing fleet utilization, the choices shown above are not necessarily customer friendly. Hopefully, these can be corrected before they are implemented.

It will not be possible to fly to the west coast in the morning.
Try these....

Flight 445/621 depart JAX 6:15 arrive LAX 11:09 AM. Both are 767's.

Want to sleep in. Flight 873 leaves at 7:00 AM and arrives at 9:25 AM. It's a non stop......

or

Flight 445/1827 depart JAX 6:15 arrive SAN 10:45 AM. Both are 767's

or

Flight 445 depart JAX 6:15 arrive SFO 11:25 AM. It is a 767 as well.

Just exactly where do you want to go?

Try these....

Want to sleep in. Flight 873 leaves at 7:00 AM and arrives at 9:25 AM. It's a non stop......

or

or

If I wanted another airline, I would actually fly WN to SAN. One-stops both ways. Would buy three tickets for Mrs. AtlanticBeach and me.

And, no, I have not set foot on a DL aircraft since 2001, when they gave my seat away on three successive trips when I had paid F tickets. Only got to the gate 15 minutes before departure in each case (two were connections in ATL), but pulling someone off the waitlist was more important to the gate agents.

If I wanted another airline, I would actually fly WN to SAN. One-stops both ways. Would buy three tickets for Mrs. AtlanticBeach and me.

And, no, I have not set foot on a DL aircraft since 2001, when they gave my seat away on three successive trips when I had paid F tickets. Only got to the gate 15 minutes before departure in each case (two were connections in ATL), but pulling someone off the waitlist was more important to the gate agents.

News flash: every airline (except maybe Southwest) does that, and they start whittling down the list at T-30 minutes!

News flash: every airline (except maybe Southwest) does that, and they start whittling down the list at T-30 minutes!

Not when you know where the inbound connecting aircraft is located.

Three strikes and DL was out.

Let's please try to get back on the topic of US Airways scheduling.

AB, are you doing your research on the website? I've found that the website doesn't always "offer" certain flight pairs which are on the schedule. Hopefully this will change after the reservation systems merge. But in the meantime, I won't deny that US is making it all but impossible for you to give them your business.

AB, are you doing your research on the website? I've found that the website doesn't always "offer" certain flight pairs which are on the schedule. Hopefully this will change after the reservation systems merge. But in the meantime, I won't deny that US is making it all but impossible for you to give them your business.

I've checked multiple sources. It's really disappointing.

The schedules must not be fully loaded for May yet; I believe thy are only accurate until mid-April (except for the TA flights). There is no way that there would be two flights within 8 minutes departing to DCA. There are several of these types of errors present. For example, search PHL-STL and you will find an Air Wisconsion CRJ leaving PHL at 720a and a Republic E70 leaving at 725a. My advice would be to give it a few more weeks until is properly loaded.

I've checked multiple sources. It's really disappointing.

When I read the post I thought to myself "that does not sound right". So I went and looked myself, and AB is right, no early AM flight. I checked Jul, Aug, and Nov! Sound pretty incredible to me. Hopefully it is an oversight. Otherwise the ship just sprang another leak.

The final schedule has not been loaded for beyond April. As for why an airline would take a flight away has anyone thought that maybe it does not make money. I can see what the repsonse will be already BTW.

How dare they don't they know that frequency takes precedence over profit concerns. :lol:

Try these....

or

or

l4pi just cannot wait till US Airways and Delta become one! :D

The final schedule has not been loaded for beyond April.

It would be helpful if this information was available to the public. A great deal of my travel must be scheduled months in advance in specific time windows. Without knowing the final schedules for May through July, it looks like US will lose at least 12 tickets, including 2 Carribean, 2 Europe and 4 to SoCal. Some of those would be A fares, too.

To those of you on the front line, please accept my apologies and regrets. Hope to be back with you soon.

It would be helpful if this information was available to the public. A great deal of my travel must be scheduled months in advance in specific time windows. Without knowing the final schedules for May through July, it looks like US will lose at least 12 tickets, including 2 Carribean, 2 Europe and 4 to SoCal. Some of those would be A fares, too.

To those of you on the front line, please accept my apologies and regrets. Hope to be back with you soon.
Sorry OUR MARKETING WIZZARDS blew it again. As far as I was able to find out, the Preliminary Schedule is only Loaded until April 20th. I am surprized that the early flights fell out of the computer. Must be one of our finest at work again or are they tied up with our crap website?