I Can't Get There From Here

As for you Kingy Poo, We'll talk later. Just remember not to let your alligator mouth run away with your hummingbird arse.

Mind explaning that phrase about alligators and hummingbirds. I am in need of help w/ homework, rememeber?

Oh, and mind referring to me properly and not calling me Kingy Poo. Kinglobjaw or Mark works.

kinglobjaw.com just clicK

Mind explaning that phrase about alligators and hummingbirds. I am in need of help w/ homework, rememeber?

Oh, and mind referring to me properly and not calling me Kingy Poo. Kinglobjaw or Mark works.

kinglobjaw.com just clicK

(emphasis added)

I hope you get banned for spamming!

I still cant understand why more of you dont use the ignore feature provided for your enjoyment. I guess it's more fun to post as an annoyed viewer than to just ignore the view in the first place. :blink:

The final schedule has not been loaded for beyond April. As for why an airline would take a flight away has anyone thought that maybe it does not make money. I can see what the repsonse will be already BTW.

How dare they don't they know that frequency takes precedence over profit concerns. :lol:

I'm not so sure about that.

My personal source of frustration has been out of SAN.

USAirways planning has always seen SAN much like Europe. A "seasonal" destination in their assessment.

Consequently over the last 19 years one never knows what to expect from USAirways when scheduling non-stops from SAN to PIT-CLT-PHL.

Example: Last summer 4 N/S SAN-PHL 2 SAN-CLT 1 SAN PIT (All A321)

Currently 2 N/S SAN PHL (One is HP 319 Metal) with no early AM departure to connect to afternoon bank of domestic connects or International flights. Earliest arrival SAN-PHL is 1635 with change of planes in PHX.

Currently 0 N/S SAN-PIT and 2 N/S SAN-CLT.

Never mind that SAN is premier convention destination year round and one of the top tourist destinations in the world.

I wish Doug and the boys would invest some of that 10 Billion dollars they can get to buy some real airplanes for USAirways and provide a consistent, reliable schedule (does WN come to mind?) to the business and leisure traveler alike. Planes that will bring both the customers and their luggage to a destination simultaneously, not delivered in a truck days later.

As you say though, apparently even though the flights from SAN have historically high load factors, they must be unprofitable or they would still exist right?

Example: Last summer 4 N/S SAN-PHL 2 SAN-CLT 1 SAN PIT (All A321)

Currently 2 N/S SAN PHL (One is HP 319 Metal) with no early AM departure to connect to afternoon bank of domestic connects or International flights. Earliest arrival SAN-PHL is 1635 with change of planes in PHX.
I think I saw SAN-PHL going up to 3 flights a day, 1 being HP metal. I also see that there are a few flights that SAN-PHX on East Metal that either continue to CLT or PHL. And Vice-versa. I question all the PHL flights to PHX, 3 AM flights 0700 0830, 1000 and no flights till 1630 1800 and 2000. The times I listed are in the area of the time. I would think there be a 12:00 and 14:00 flights. I still am waiting for them to connect the cities in "limbo" AUS, SAT, OKC, OMA to East and BNA, to West.

Also would like to see PHL-PDX at better times, I don't know how that flight sells. Also SEA is down to 1 flight, but then again Boeing moved to Chicago. Would be nice for them to Add from PHL to SNA, SJC, SLC, YVR, maybe a RNO Red Eye wouldn't be all too bad.

When is the final merger day gonna be? Is the date set yet?

News flash: every airline (except maybe Southwest) does that, and they start whittling down the list at T-30 minutes!

You sound like so many with whom I've worked, who, when hearing discussion over where the company needs improvement, respond by saying something like, "United does the same thing." or "all the airlines are doing it."
Since when are deficiencies at US Airways' acceptable because other airlines have 'em too? It's like saying something we know to be not ok, is to be considered as just fine.
Companies, even airlines, rise above others, in terms of their reputation and earnings, when they distinguish themselves from the others.