I Was Gagged

cavalier

Veteran
Aug 28, 2002
www.usaviation.com
This is a politically correct board with moderators that make sure it stays that way. I started another thread and it was squelched because I was too hard on fellow posters, not being politically correct. Ok fine, I broke the rules and the topic was rightly stopped dead in its tracks. I was too strong in my delivery, and not at all politically correct. In real life I am the least politically correct person you will run across, oh well, that’s life and that’s me. Without being harsh to a soul, I still want to make my point known in a politically correct manner and that’s why there’s this little topic. As I said before, times are tough requiring tough decisions for every U employee. Some posters believe it’s best to go ahead and accept more concessions in some way shape or form, but accept they will. Others, and obviously myself included, stand on the other side of the fence believing enough is enough and refuse to give one thousandth of an inch, which is .001 to clarify my stand. What I have a hard time accepting is not the posters who want to give again while explaining in a reasonable dialog why they believe that is the best course. I have trouble with the posters, who seem to have no self worth, no confidence in themselves acting like U is their life support system and without U they will surely die. Saying things like, oh I have this obligation or that obligation, we all have oblations as long as we are breathing. People need to understand that fear is a very sharp tool used to beat people into submission. Look at the way this management team behaves. Dave himself came on the property touting the use of his heavy hammer and how he was going to use it. He didn’t even keep it a secret, he called it what it was. Obviously each individual will do what they believe is in their own best interest, I just hope they make a reasonable decision based on rational thought and not decisions based on fear and threats which are handed out by this management team weekly. To the ones who want to keep giving and believing it will somehow in this third round make a difference, look at history and the other troubled carriers that went down that path, they all perished along with every single employee‘s job. Why would someone want to vote themselves less, live with less and then die with less is beyond my understanding. Don’t let this management team frighten you, scare you or bully you into submission with the likes of Jerry Glass. That is why Jerry Glass is here, he’s doing his job and by reading these boards he is doing a good job. I don’t want to see him succeed. Don’t let his kind succeed by giving into his scare tactics of dire consequences of peril if you don’t submit to management’s every whim. Stand up and fight and if you win great and if not you did your best and you still have your dignity, your confidence, your abilities, and your intelligence to move on with your life, making it better from your experiences. Jerry Glass has his agenda and so do we, the working class Americans of this great country. I would rather see our agenda go forth and his fail miserably because his agenda is to decimate the middle class workers of this country. It’s up to each one of use to decide, and your decision will affect your children as well as future generations of American workers.

cav i fully understand you and i respect your opinion. what iam saying is that this company has potential to be the best company out there. i have to be optomistic about this. hey, i don't like what management is doing but i can't use my energy being pissed off. i have to look ahead and i speak for myself. things need to change around here for the better. i know its a sensetive and emotional time for everyone. heck i even broke out with zits all over my forehead cause i was so stressed. yeah i know u isn't the only thing out there. i know there is life after u. but i choose not to look at life after u right now because i know this company will prevail. thats where i am coming from brother. you can blame management you can blame the unions you can blame who ever you want. but the blaming game is not gonna help us get back on track. sit down dude have drink relax and think it over. is it really worth your job all this bickering and negativity. all the other airlines out there, our competitors want to see your job gone so that they can come in and take over. do you really want to see that. do you really want to see sw dominate phl when it belong s to u. do want to see jb take over our shuttle in lga when it really belongs to us. this is reality dude. management is not kidding when they say that these competitors want to see u go away. we really gotta turn this company around. and your right it needs to start from the top not from the bottom. i firmly stand beside you on that. we have all be in this together. usair is a family. we have great employees including your self iam sure. no reasone at all for this company to fold. none. if we work together and put all the bad blood aside things will change around here. i beleive that. take care cav.

I actually agree 100% with BOTH above posts (but use paragraphs guys, easier to read ;) )

etops, I feel for you with the forehead zits. I'm the same way, a little bit of stress and I break out like thirteen year old. :(

The problem here is that Dave and his executives broke all trust with employees.

From the termination of the pilots' pension to the farmout of the airbus work and numerous other contract violations.

The wounds run to deep to just forgive and forget.

They have lied, decieved, cheated and stolen more then just pay, work rules and benefits, they Violated our trust.

We gave and gave, under threats and the judge.

I do not want to see this company cease, but until new leadership comes on board, there is no way in heck that anyone should believe or trust the current regime.

They have alienated their most prize assets, the employees.

The line has to be drawn in the sand, we do not need battered woman syndrome, we need to stand tough, like our counterparts at UA and AA did and force a leadership change.

NO airline has been succesful in staying in business when their own plan is to take from its employees, IE. Pan Am, Eastern and TWA.

700 ,with all due respect friend , do we even have time to get new leadership? and is anyone out there who wants to take the task at even trying to turn airways around? don't you think that they will ask for the same think the current management team is supposedley asking of us. i say supposedly because i haven't seen or heard anything from management. all i here is rumors from other employees and on these posts on what the plan consists of. so until i hear it from management i will then make my decision if i will vote for it or not. tkae care ;)

I am sorry, but I cannot trust Dave or anyone he has brought to this company.

I have seen hundreds of my coworkers lose their jobs and it is still going on today.

This company decided to fight its own employees and not the real enemy which is the competition.

How much sense does it make to STEAL and VIOLATE the agreements they signed?

I saw my work fly into BFM to a foreign owned ST Mobile Aerospace while hundreds of my coworkers are laid off, and that work is ours.

The pilots lost their pension, the F/As have had numerous contract violations also.

Dave promised to be labor friendly, what an oxymoron if they way he has treated his employees.

If you put your hand in a fire, you get burned, you have to pull it back.

This man has no respect of employees and he violated us, he has lied to us.

How can you trust this person?

I for one cannot and will not trust someone who has screwed me and thousands of us over.

Cav,

I know there's life after UAir. I was furloughed only a year ago. I searched for something else and found nothing. I have a BA in Sec Ed and could still find nothing - so when they recalled me I was thrilled. I survived before US and will survive after US but with US is where I want to be right now.

I believe in the employees. They are the backbone of this company. I have a family here and do not want to lose it. With that being said, I will not accept anything that takes more money from me or fellow employees. On the other hand, I truly believe there are other ways to save rather than dipping into our pockets again and if management approaches these areas of cost cutting measures I am more than willing to listen as long as it does not include outsourcing.

FIRST AND FOREMOST WE NEED TO START WITH TOP MANAGEMENT. Too many chiefs for indians!!!!!! I WOULD DIVULGE MORE INFO BUT I DON"T WANT TO BE GAGGED S WELL.

This company has a ton of Management folks on the payroll. Dave could start cutting there if he wants with no unions to deal with. Makes you wonder how serious he is.

Cut management??? Dave says we need to pay RETENTION MONIES to keep the "Talent" :lol: here!!!!!

He will NEVER-EVER reduce management....he thinks that they are doing a wonderful job and are vital to our success :huh: ????? Dilbert's boss is running the place :shock: !!! Heaven help us.

Where is a firing-squad when you need one??? I will gladly pay for the ammo. Better yet just shoot ME instead!!!

E-out.