Who‘s Your God?

I brought this from another thread because it seems more relevant here.. 700UW,
You should really start every post with "IAM". I've asked it before and I'll ask it again...How many pay checks have you gotten from the IAM? I truly hope you're getting something for promoting the "house of cards". Do you realize the choice you now have to make? Do you continue with the work rules(less work, more pay), the philosophy of the IAM(full pay til the last day), or do you care about what the future holds in a re-defined aviation environment? Your posts indicate anything but the latter. There will be airlines in the future. Will you be there? It is certainly your option to EJECT. But the fact is...someone will take your place. If you don't like your chosen profession, find another one. If you are happy with your work and take pride in what you do, go with the flow and live to fight another day. What comes around, goes around and comes around again. Its time to seperate the fly sh_t from the pepper and realize that this is as black and white as it gets.

FLYAWAY said:
I brought this from another thread because it seems more relevant here.. 700UW,
You should really start every post with "IAM". I've asked it before and I'll ask it again...How many pay checks have you gotten from the IAM? I truly hope you're getting something for promoting the "house of cards". Do you realize the choice you now have to make? Do you continue with the work rules(less work, more pay), the philosophy of the IAM(full pay til the last day), or do you care about what the future holds in a re-defined aviation environment? Your posts indicate anything but the latter. There will be airlines in the future. Will you be there? It is certainly your option to EJECT. But the fact is...someone will take your place. If you don't like your chosen profession, find another one. If you are happy with your work and take pride in what you do, go with the flow and live to fight another day. What comes around, goes around and comes around again. Its time to seperate the fly sh_t from the pepper and realize that this is as black and white as it gets.
This is NOT in the least relevant here! This is NOT about the IAM, read it again since your comprehension is failing you.

ATTENTION MODERATOR: This should not have been brought here and should be removed because it's his personal complaint with another posters and unrelated to this topic completely.

USA320Pilot said:
The majority of the IAM members I talk with do not agree with Cav's comments, which includes mechanics, utility, and fleet service personnel. Why? Reality and the need to continue to work.

It's sad, but true and I do not like it.

For example, the USA Today recently published an article discussing the mechanic job market and the opportunities for those with mechanic skills. For car dealerships, on average the Department of Labor reported that each dealership would hire two mechanics each six months at a starting wage rate of less than $17 per hour. However, to obtain this position applicants must first attend a technical school for 54 weeks and pay a tuition of $18,000.

Another option listed by the USA Today that would not require the technical school is for painters/coaters, who would be paid on average less than $12 per hour.

I believe many of the Pittsburgh-based mechanics understand this because without a cost effective solution to conduct heavy maintenance in-house, if the company wins the A320 grievance, the Pittsburgh maintenance facility will likely be shut down along with other Pittsburgh facilities.

Either way it appears the company will lower maintenance unit costs. The only question seems to be who will conduct the maintenance. US Airways or other mechanics?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
The real scrambling is going on at ALPA. My brother in law was a pilot and lost his job over two years ago. He has since been employed at home depot.
On the other hand, mechanics can work outside this industry within their profession. It is either less of an option or no option for a pilot so I would not be surprised to see ALPA make further 'deep' concessions.

And for the record, ALPA's contract benefits are "Fat" when compared to the other groups. If anyone should give...it should justly be them.