Iam-afa, Read This!

Schatzee said:
Information Removed

Several employees have expressed concern about the fact that a document filed by US Airways in its bankruptcy case included the names and addresses of employees at all levels who participate in certain benefit plans. The company regrets that this information appeared on a public Web site, and here is the explanation as to how and why it happened.

On Nov. 12, 2004, US Airways filed a motion asking that the bankruptcy court issue several rulings affecting employee benefits. By law, the company had to send notice of this filing to many affected employees and others. By law, the company also had to file with the court an “Affidavit of Service,â€￾ which is a document certifying that it had sent this notice. The Affidavit of Service had to list the names and addresses of the persons to whom it was sent.

Under the procedures adopted by the bankruptcy court, every single document filed by anyone is transmitted to the court-appointed claims and noticing agent, Donlin, Recano & Co., which then posts the documents on their public Web site at donlinrecano.com. When US Airways filed its Affidavit of Service, that document was transmitted to Donlin, Recano & Co. and posted on its Web site.

This morning, attorneys for US Airways sought permission to authorize Donlin, Recano & Co. to remove the Affidavit of Service from its public Web site, and that permission was granted.

Some employees have asserted that the company’s actions violated its own Business Conduct and Ethics Policy. This is not the case, because US Airways was required by law to file the Affidavit of Service in the form that it did. Nevertheless, the company sincerely regrets any discomfort this might have caused any employee, and it has taken immediate steps to remove the information from the Web site.

Last updated: December 03, 2004
[post="205947"][/post]​

That last paragraph makes the presumption U's conduct and ethics conform to the law. ;)

PineyBob said:
Actually someone should care. While I believe that under the law US Airways did what was required, I also believe that no one fully thought through the ramifications of a posting of names on a public website.

So while on one and I applaud US for "Doing the right thing" in removing the information I also question the lack of oversight.

I would not want to be a F/A and have my personal info on the internet with stalkers and other "Mental Midgets" out there. Got to side with the right to privacy here.
[post="206016"][/post]​

You got to be kidding....everything is public information, everything! This entire thing was blown way out of proportion. If you have any kind of government license, it’s on the internet, even if you don't for $40 one can find out every detail of your personal life including who you owe, how much and if you were ever delinquent. The internet has blown privacy away, that and you S/N number on every last thing. It's a fallacy if people believe taking down that site would protect anyone from squat. Anyone can find out just about anything on anyone if I they want to without leaving thier keyboard. Welcome to the brave new world people, it's here, it’s real and it aint going away....Curt

It was an oversight, and the company remedied this situation as soon as it was brought to their attention...in fact, in that instance.

And Deano is correct. Everything is public domain since the genesis of the internet.

If you want to find somone, you most certainly can.

PineyBob said:
Well I agree privacy is nearly non existant today.

Having said that, the best you can do is make it more difficult to find said information. While $40 isn't the world of money I can't think of one person that I know that is worth $40 to find out all of their personal garbage.
[post="206070"][/post]​

Don't keep us in suspense bob....Curt EX cavalier your amigo