Iam And Us Agree To Talks!

700UW said:
Wings, let me ask you this:

Did Gerry, Randy, Bill, Tom, Pat and whoever else involved ratify the contract or was it the rank and file Fleet Service members?
From what I recall they negotiated it, they endorsed it and they reccomended a YES vote. As I have said a Hundred times, the ones that voted for it knew they would not be working for a povery level wage period. Would any of them done the same if they had to go back to their station and face their fellow workers to tell them what they were going to earn as Mainline Express? Are ANY of them affected by the low wage???? We all know the answer to these questions, don't we?
In the mean time several NON UNION Express carriers earn $3-4 an hour more.
Nice job guys, and they even had the gonads to raise our dues in January. By the way our dues now EXCEED 3x the hourly rate!!!!! :down:

The airline business may have needed unions in the formative years, but they are no longer necessary

With that being said what would stop the airline industry from exploiting its work force, or any industry for that matter?

Its Managements greed that created Unions, without a Union there wouldnt be a middle class.

wings396 said:
700UW said:

Did Gerry, Randy, Bill, Tom, Pat and whoever else involved ratify the contract or was it the rank and file Fleet Service members?
From what I recall they negotiated it, they endorsed it and they reccomended a YES vote. As I have said a Hundred times, the ones that voted for it knew they would not be working for a povery level wage period. Would any of them done the same if they had to go back to their station and face their fellow workers to tell them what they were going to earn as Mainline Express? Are ANY of them affected by the low wage???? We all know the answer to these questions, don't we?
Nice job guys, and they even had the gonads to raise our dues in January. By the way our dues now EXCEED 3x the hourly rate!!!!! :down:
funny you should say that...my dues are $24/every other week....for some strange reason it just doesn't work out to what you infer....can you please elaborate?
are you familiar with dues structuring and the IAM constitution??this is what dictates the maximum dues allowable per the IAM constitution
some locals membership recieve dispensation from the IAM to have their dues kept at a lower amount due to the size of their lodge. you should research this ....

OK, 700 is very ashamed about the iams performance, or lack of performance at UAL. And the 100% truth is they did recomend a YES VOTE at ual which also gave away ALL of HEAVY MAINTENANCE. He will come back and say but the membership voted it in, buts thats a poor excuse.

TMTTQ,
If AMFA were representing during contract negotiations and they strongly suggest you work for free for 6 months out of the year would you follow their recommendation for a yes vote on that contract?

The members at UAL voted their conscious just as I would expect you to do the same. No one forced them to vote yes, they did so on their own volition, they knew the consequences.

Now that AMFA is at UAL tell me, what have they done for the membership with UAL still in BK?

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

As you know, I am pro-AMFA but I do not believe that a change in your
bargaining agent at this time will (in any way) help your situation.

Your Union is the IAM, concentrate you efforts in support, communicating what you want, and make them accountable.

Keep your ‘SOLIDARITY’ focused.

JMHO+PO (+ Personal Observations,)

Take Care,
:) UAL_TECH

Going all the way back to the begining of the thread, I think it is encouraging that the company is finally willing to sit down and talk to the IAM about their ideas for cost savings. I have said it before, the line employees (such as AOG) know first hand where the waste is versus a VP who hasn't seen a hangar except to taxi by it. I find it encouraging that they may actually listen to employee suggestions. After that they will continue to try and lure the IAM to the table for the song and dance about concessions. I hate to be a doubting thomas, but everything they do seems to be a carrot to bring you closer before they club you!

MarkMyWords said:
I hate to be a doubting thomas, but everything they do seems to be a carrot to bring you closer before they club you!
You are no doubting Thomas, if anything you gave these buzzards more than the benefit of the doubt and now you too are seeing what many of us have seen months ago, that this team is all about corporate welfare, compliments of the employees paycheck and benefits and our very jobs and livelihoods. They are ruthless, don't care, you don't matter and are nothing but a liability. Think I am being cynical, no, just look around and see what they are doing and planning with all the outsourcing with everything possible on the property. When it's all said and done, they will have pilots at a very low scale, F/A likewise and mechanics same way only at FAA minimum numbers to meet the law. We all have become a thorn in their side, festering until they can pull it out. Welcome to the new reality MMW.

Well fortunaltly your not making the call, the entire group is !

usfliboi said:
That would be "Fortunately"......

And FORTUNATELY you live in your own mind on an island of dreamers.

The object seen in your dream is just that, a dream where everyone is willing to bend over at Dave's command endlessly.

delldude said:
wings396 said:
700UW said:

funny you should say that...my dues are $24/every other week....for some strange reason it just doesn't work out to what you infer....can you please elaborate?
are you familiar with dues structuring and the IAM constitution??this is what dictates the maximum dues allowable per the IAM constitution
some locals membership recieve dispensation from the IAM to have their dues kept at a lower amount due to the size of their lodge. you should research this ....
So take that figure and do the math...24x2=48 per month in dues....now take the
Mainline Express wage of $13 into account......how many times does 13 go into 48....are you getting the picture a bit clearer now? From my calculations is darn near 4x the hourly rate....It just goes to show you how much the IAM knows about the pathetic wages they bargained for Mainline Express!!!! As I have stated before as more stations get converted the outrage will grow. Maybe Gerry will be telling the press how he went from $22 to $13 next tme he talks to them.

usfliboi said:
I here by make this resolution: I will NOT to respond to any more of your posts as they are inciting, and accomplishing nothing.

Knock yourself out with the others who choose to reply to your inane comments.

700UW said:
Bob,

If the IAM opens any of our contracts they will be voted off the property in a NY minute and they know it!

And the messenger is full of cow patties, he needs to print the truth in his headline, he insuiates the IAM is opening up the contracts when they are just meeting to show they company where they could do business smarter and save money like the IAM has been telling this company for over a year.

Here is the headline and first paragraph:

Union, US Airways to talk
Fleet service workers, mechanics to pitch their cost-savings ideas
Leaders of US Airways and the International Association of Machinists agreed late Friday to meet next week to discuss union cost-savings ideas.
I agree with your statements. However, haven't we seen this road before? I mean, the tough talk, rhetoric, then followed by the infamous, "we are just going to share our ideas" only to finally manufacture the consent needed to vote on another contract. This article may implicitly support that.

I hope the IAM keeps the concession stand closed for you folks.
At any rate, there is nothing explicit at this time to suggest that it intends to open up the stand. Time will tell.

tug_slug said:
TMTTQ,
If AMFA were representing during contract negotiations and they strongly suggest you work for free for 6 months out of the year would you follow their recommendation for a yes vote on that contract?

The members at UAL voted their conscious just as I would expect you to do the same. No one forced them to vote yes, they did so on their own volition, they knew the consequences.

Now that AMFA is at UAL tell me, what have they done for the membership with UAL still in BK?
Tugslug,

I wasn't rehashing the iam/AMFA debate. I was simply giving insp89 the information that the diehard iam guys are embarressed to tell him. He asked and asked but no one would tell him the ugly truth.The AMFA wave at Usairways is over for now. I and most of my coworkers are behind the iam, as we have no other choice. They will be my union reps up until the time they negotiate the rest of our jobs away, just like at UAL. And as far as what AMFA has done at UAL under BK, I couldn't tell you as I only have 1 buddy who works for them out west and haven't spoke to him in a while. But I'm sure you and all the rest of the koolade drinkers will fabricate a bunch of lies to spread around. :down:

AOG-N-IT said:
700UW may not be a licensed mechanic (ticket holder as you call it)..but he is a very dedicated and motivated "Can Do" individual.

<snip>

Knowing 700UW as I do...I can tell you in a most direct manner that he was one hell of a great "Stores Clerk"....and someone whom could always be counted on when called upon for that "Extra-Effort" that seperates success from failure.

<snip>
Wow.

Get a room you two.

I love springtime when love blossoms.