Iam Secrets

Jan 9, 2004
Gain control of your union by kicking out the Regime and bringing in the AGW!!

Negotiations:
IAM Fact: Negotiations are controlled by the IAM through strict appointments, NOT democratic elections.
IAM Fact: The IAM’s appointed negotiations team can go into negotiations without the approval of the members and can propose what seems fit.

System of Governance:
IAM Fact: A Labor Representative that controls the members through undemocratic means.
IAM Fact: One-man band. The General Chairman has the sole responsibility in interpreting and applying bylaws.

Accountability
IAM Fact: No accountability. No recall rights. All officers stay regardless of poor representation or job performance.

Arbitration
IAM Fact: Has not enforced the contract language in 5 years, resulting in loss of protection. Known to make small settlements with the company over contractual violations instead of arbitrating to gain proper contract interpretation.

Communications
IAM Fact: Can be signed at any time and has. Confidentiality protects the company NOT the membership.

National Elections
IAM Fact: Must be nominated by 4 Locals across the system for you to even become eligible.
IAM Fact: Members from other airlines CAN vote on the officers who administer your contract and grievances.

Finances
IAM Fact: Around 15% stays with your Local. The rest goes to Political candidates, AFLCIO, Grand Lodge, etc.
Source: www.the-agw.org

This thread needs to be moved, it has nothing to do with US Airways

There are many things I wish were different.
If anyone thinks that with a different union all the mechanics problems would be solved and the company would just go on loosing money forever I disagree.

A lot of mechanics suffer from the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence syndrome.

Attachments

• Green_Grass.jpg
    Green_Grass.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 184
The AGW is a farce, they have no money, and no members, Mike Pruitt is incapable of representing a dog against animal control and Tim Nelson tried to start his own union twice before, he even tried to sell his name list to the teamsters back in 1995, he is mad at the IAM cause he could not get an elected position, he was the grievance person at ORD after he left CLT and was removed.

And the AGW is for rampers and funny how they use the same council as amfa.

I don't wish these two to represent anyone.

Now is not the time for the IAM membership to fight amongst themselves about which Union would serve them best. If anything the membership needs to stand behind their Union, the membership needs to show solidarity plain and simple.

Changing representation isnt a problem but now is not the time! Its my firm belief that a certain captain is behind this thread. People... stay focused on who the real enemy is.

PineyBob said:
Just like any business you have to wonder why you are losing all your customers like IAM loses members in the airline business.
Why all the loathing of the IAM, what's up with that?

By the way...I need 1000 copies made up like yesterday to promote to upcoming IAM day festivities, how about making those copies. I know you have the time, you’re on here telling everyone how stupid we are for belonging to the IAM, and how bad the IAM is. Maybe you should seek angry management, or some counseling to help you get through this anger issue, it’s not healthy.

I remain unconvinced that the IAM is capable of or interested in anything other than perpetuating their own existance
Bob most aviation experts are saying U still has the highest labor costs in the industry. Isnt part if the Union's job to protect its membership and make sure they get the most for them?

If the company and the Union, any union for that matter, agree on a contract and 6 months down the road the company sees the industry changing in ways that it hadnt imagined is it the Unions fault for management short sightedness?

Why is it that U employees have to keep giving concessions while other airlines have yet to give any at all but arent losing near the money U is? It isnt the union Bob, its managements bad decisions.

colorado_cowboy said:
Why is it that U employees have to keep giving concessions while other airlines have yet to give any at all but arent losing near the money U is? It isnt the union Bob, its managements bad decisions.

PORTION DELETED BY MODERATOR. What, his high number of hollow posts or what?

PineyBob said:
My intelligent post, as much intelligence as received is simply:

COPY MACHINE DRONES are not applicable, not necessary to respond.
Unless you need many copies or advice on copy machines.

Here’s the thing. Airplanes and copy machines are completely different. It’s like oil and water, gas and oil, crap and perfume…

Latest posts