IAM fleet (west ) PHX , election time is coming!

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
To all IAM fleet in PHX , I have just received a notification in the mail about an upcoming local lodge officer election on December 4th 2007 . I’m going to assume that most of you have gotten this flier as well . It states that they are taking nominations for local lodge officers on the November 6th , 4:00 pm meeting that they will be holding at the Best western airport INN 2425 24th st , phoenix AZ 85034.

Look as I’m sure most of you can read there’s a lot of complaining about how lousy the IAM is being run , SO , if you want to start to change things this is the first step .

I’m assuming that the local lodge officers are above our PHX station chair so this would be a political win for our airline if we can muster enough votes . If any of you out there would like to stand up for your fellow us airways workers and try running this could be your chance to do it .From the way the notification was written it seems to imply that there won’t be much voter turn out nor many candidates running .

Let the revolution begin!!

To all IAM fleet in PHX , I have just received a notification in the mail about an upcoming local lodge officer election on December 4th 2007 . I’m going to assume that most of you have gotten this flier as well . It states that they are taking nominations for local lodge officers on the November 6th , 4:00 pm meeting that they will be holding at the Best western airport INN 2425 24th st , phoenix AZ 85034.

Look as I’m sure most of you can read there’s a lot of complaining about how lousy the IAM is being run , SO , if you want to start to change things this is the first step .

I’m assuming that the local lodge officers are above our PHX station chair so this would be a political win for our airline if we can muster enough votes . If any of you out there would like to stand up for your fellow us airways workers and try running this could be your chance to do it .From the way the notification was written it seems to imply that there won’t be much voter turn out nor many candidates running .

Let the revolution begin!!

Wow, the possibility of the West actually being heard or having a say so in something...now that is a novelty!! Mark the day!! Here we are 2 years into this merger and we are so much more convoluted and mixed/misguided that most folks could care less anymore. Just show up...punch in...chuck some bags...punch out.

Making changes at the local level won't do much overall at the IAM. You need to get the boys at the top ousted in order for anything major to change for the better...Sad, but very true. :blink:

well then in that case my bad , everyone who was thinking about trying to make a change , just give up and go home!!! all right , game over , lets close down shop .... hey why bother TRYING right ?

yep wings is right , no one can change anything , that whole "grassroots" talk is just a bunch of BS .. man those people protesting over in ragoon should just stop and accept the fact that they live in a dictatorship and always will , just lay down and accept it .....

That whole peacefull rose revolution was just a media lie ....

:lol:

don't stop till you win!!!!!!!

Making changes at the local level won't do much overall at the IAM. You need to get the boys at the top ousted in order for anything major to change for the better...Sad, but very true. :blink:

Okay, so how do we get an AGC from PHX? Are they elected in Dec too? Are they appointed via who ya know? How do we get one, or lots, on the IAM executive board? Are there any AGC spots open?

I'm not saying that voting in a new rep in PHX isn't a step in the right direction, but it will take much more than that. Some of the top people are appointed to their positions, and they are the ones that need to go. Most of us in the East have been fed-up with the IAM leadership for years already. It has always been my wish that we could have at least one AGC from a class 2 station that would be more in-tune with our needs. Everyone who has sat at the table for our negotiations has been from a hub or large station, and only looked to take car of their own interests many times at the expense of the small stations. If there had been anyone at the table from a class 2 station in 2005, I doubt we would have seen 20+ stations outsourced. :down:

Wings, How do we do it? Where can I find the by laws? Do they say anything about having AGC's from all groups? Are the AGC's also our executive board? Who's on the board? I would guess it has to have people on it to represent class 2, east & west hubs, male and female. Is that the case? Who makes the appointments of the ones who were not elected? The board? I guess if I could find the by laws I would know. Where do I look? Couldn't find them online, must be looking in the wrong places. When do we elect AGCs and board members? How long is their term? Where do we start?

urbff,

to sort of answer your question on how do we get an agc from phx.. from what I have seen . You guys need to find someone

who is willing to

1. put in alot of time at the local
2. put themselves first in front of the good of membership
3. follow Randy Canale around and give him everything he wants ..

If you find someone willing to do all that then YOU might have a shot at getting a voice. but unfortunately by then that person will probably be to
worried about how to spend his 100,000.00 salary . then to really be worried about the concerns of his constituents..

take care and good luck

i found something of interest on this webcite union democracy

i took a peek at their legal section and read a little under the election area

Any member in good standing is eligible to run for office, subject to reasonable and equitable rules. According to the Department of Labor, meeting attendance rules which "disqualify a large portion of members from candidacy...may be [held by the DOL to be] unreasonable." (Note: AUD urges any person who has been disqualified by a meeting attendance rule to contact us immediately.)

here's a link to the legal section legal link , hmm there could be a way to force our candidates into the race without having to play by the IAM's slanted rule book . If we maintained that we were unaware of their election rules on attending 6 union meetings a year or calling in to excuse yourself we could have a legal wedge . Upon visiting the IAM 141 website we could also assert that election information is VERY hard to find , if it is indeed on the website .