IAM DL 142 Update

The thing I find disturbing is that whenever the IAM does something they condense the info into a several or single page memo as opposed to publishing the entire document.

Most federal agencies require that documents be submitted as PDF's so there is no legitimate reason why these documents can not be made available easily via the IAM website and the link can be published here.

The document is a matter of public record and it would be a service to it's membership to make it easily available to the membership
I'm curious as to why that doesn't happen. Does IAM want to help keep the rank & file in the dark?

I think we know the answer ther Bob, how about some one cut and paste the update on here as to not have to got to the sight, I keep getting the big red x..

I can't answer that all I can tell you is the powers that be have been told time and time again their lack of communication is not acceptable.

They need to go into the digital age.

According to the "update" the iam said that the NMB has the right to craft and class determination on a case by case action and ask for them to do this... Isn't that what we have been saying all along????
Where is a 50 year old contract that has stock clerks on it... I want to see a copy of this as 7 keeps harping on??

Were there really stock clerks 50 plus years ago for a few airplanes????

Long time coming.

Has the NMB decided to hold a formal hearing?? If so, when?

The statement regarding the how the contractual language applies to the Stock Clerks the same as other classifications is assumably correct. But doesn't the contractual language between the Stock Clerks and the Mechanic and Related contracts, at the basic levels, apply the same even though they are under seperate contracts with the IBT? Things such as vacation, sick time, work hours, etc.....the basics. The basics stay the same, just seperate contracts.

Also curious as to the reasons that the NMB didn't put/allow the AWA stock clerks under the M&R contract. Can anyone give those reasons? Was it a case by case basis........just like the IAM is requesting of the NMB in the update/response letter? Could it happen again?? Doesn't appear, based on the IAM letter that the IAM is adamantly telling the NMB to keep the stock clerks where they are.......or will this be done at the hearing??

Also curious as to the reasons that the NMB didn't put/allow the AWA stock clerks under the M&R contract. Can anyone give those reasons?
yeah,its real easy to accomplish when you first get representaion(like I told you before)...mechs have their own contract....stocks have there own.
difference here is these stock and utility have been included under M&R for over some 40 odd years.

pretty bad when a vote hinges on dumping members from a class and craft who have voted and been included with mech's for over 40 years.

Fred Said you didn't have the numbers.... :lol:

yeah,its real easy to accomplish when you first get representaion(like I told you before)...mechs have their own contract....stocks have there own.
difference here is these stock and utility have been included under M&R for over some 40 odd years.

pretty bad when a vote hinges on dumping members from a class and craft who have voted and been included with mech's for over 40 years.

Fred Said you didn't have the numbers.... :lol:
Then why a formal hearing??

So, 700, are they saying in the update that they are letting the nmb rule on class and craft, meaning if they( the nmb) decide to remove the stock from the iam and put it with the stockers from IBT, they will accept it. If they don't, then why did'nt they file to keep them in and not want the nmb to make the decision???