Iam Proposals?

Coachrowsey:

That depends on ALPA's directive. Any job action takes membership ratification by ALPA's by-laws, however, there is more reason to believe Judge Mitchell will not permit such action.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

I will answer your question. Until the day comes when those sons of sehctib at the iam learn to treat its members fair, i will cross their picket line in a heartbeat. How can a union not administer fairness to each and every one of its members? The iam finds ways not too! The main premise of a union is fairness and equality regarding its members. The iam represents neither, or we would be on a hire date seniority system for everything right now. not some dekcuf up classification system that puts those at the bottom at the top and vice versa. We would have never had to vote again after we had already voted down the last proposal for paycuts. But the iam didn't like the fact that we voted it down, and decided upon itself that the vote was a mistake, ala the Florida presidential election. Because of how the iam operates I have no respect for them whatsoever. Until I they straighten out the seniority system and make it hire date for everything, I will vote against the iam every chance I get. It is very frustrating when coworkers with less seniority than you get to bid everything before you. Down with the iam. :angry: :angry: :angry:

First of all you need to get your facts straight.

1. Apparantly the CLT F/O Rep needs some serious training if he does not even know what law and what labor board the airline workers fall under. No wonder why ALPA is in shambles.

The NLRB has nothing to do with bankruptcy, the NLRB is the National Labor Relations board, it governs union elections and normal contract negotiations under the National Labor Relations Act.

Unionized Airline Employees fall under the National Mediation Board (NMB) and the Railway Labor Act (RLA). Which governs union elections, arbitration and Section 6 (normal) contract negotiations.

Both laws have nothing to do with self-help under an contract abrogation.

2. If the contract is abrogated there is no ratification vote and the IAM can call a strike without membership vote, once again you do not know how the IAM works, so I suggest you don't post things that you do not know about.

Seven out of 5,000 employees is not a very good sample, come to the CLT hangar and walk around and then you will get a differant view. Guess you don't work for Gallup with that kind of sampling.

3. The majority do feel the same way as I do, you don't work with 1,700 mechanic and related employees in CLT, I do. Another thing you forget during round one of concessions last time the IAM never reached a T/A, the membership voted down the final offer from the company, only to have Siegel say he was gonna hold his own vote, so there was a second vote and it barely passed.

Why should anyone leave before they have too?
You are not living their lives nor are their judge and jury.

We all know your pro-company, pro-management attitude and you would throw everyone else under the bus to save yourself and PAIN that the company will be inflicting upon you.

Regards,
700UW

700, Please take your own advice about talking about something you dont know about. The courts have more say than you thin in this matter. To be honest, it really doesnt matter whether iam strikes or not. The good ones who understand, who need a job, who dont feel the way you do , will work . The others will be replaced. Its that simple. The courts protect the cmpany as well as it creditors. Its not about iam as a whole or any other union. ITS ABOT CREDITORS!!!!!!!!!!!!! You think anybody cares at this point that 700 cant get facts straight or that i want more money? NO! Its deeper than that my clt hanger friend ! BUT HEY! Keep your hope alive!

Excuse me?

Everything I posted is factual, if you dont believe it go look it up yourself and dispute what I posted.

Otherwise don't waste your time, you are making yourself look ignorant.

I know about the NMB, NLRB, RLA and NRLA. I have taken numerous classes on the matter, have you?

I met an Eastern Airlines pilot once.

He drove me to the airport. . .

When he stepped out of the cockpit the next thing he drove was a taxi cab.

Revolutions said:
I met an Eastern Airlines pilot once.

He drove me to the airport. . .

When he stepped out of the cockpit the next thing he drove was a taxi cab.
[post="181529"][/post]​
Thanks to a money hungry, low life management team. That stopped at nothing in its efforts to destroy the livelihood of thousands of hard working Americans.

usfliboi said:
To be honest, it really doesnt matter whether iam strikes or not. The good ones who understand, who need a job, who dont feel the way you do , will work The others will be replaced. Its that simple. .
[post="181527"][/post]​

The good ones who understand? What does that mean? The people who need a job, interesting thought. You should be worried. Mechanics can find a job, quite easily. They are trained and certified. It is an easily transferred much sought after. They may have a hard time replacing so many people. I don't think U has the same number of people lining up to fill out job applications right now. Who in there right mind would want to fill a scab position at a bankrupt carrier, intent on having its workers be the lowest paid in the industry.

that's ridiculous to strike for another union on stike. How many different levels of people, detached from your self interests, are you going to let decide your fate?

It is called solidarity. Look at Europe for examples.

Examples of what? Brainwashed moronism? yeah, lets bus drivers or garbage men or anyone holding a union card influence whole cities of people, because some union head decided they have an issue...

With attitudes like that I guess you would like companies allowed to have child labor and company towns again.

I guess your moniker is an oxymoron.

;) usfliboi.....You sound like a scab already.....Have you already crossed a picket line at a former job???? Your posts sound sooooo junior. I'm curious to know your seniority. I know it's NOT my business, but, you sound very uneducated about union politics. When you sign up as a f/a, there is AFA knocking on the door. WHY take the job, it's union.????? You do not know what the company will (final) propose to AFA. If AFA (MEC) votes to STRIKE, will you cross your own picket line????? I guess I can see from your posts that you will CROSS!!!!!!

DON'T BE A GIRLY MAN!!!!