IAM - TWU should split work force

The ramp has had the IAMNPF since 2005, along with the MTS, M&R got it in 2008, and the only thing stopped was the 401k limited match.

It was a gain not a loss.

The plan is 105% funded.

Keep spreading lies joshie and dont let the facts get in your way.

That along with the terminated plan and SS will provide.

The multiplier is $86 negotiating for $104. It pays over $400 a month now for only being in five years and keeps climbing.

You are delusional if you think that will provide the solid middle class lifestyle like the unions once aspired to provide. Even after 15 years that is still nothing to be proud of and besides, if the IAM pension is so great why is USAIR full of old people with an average employee age of 49? Why not offer the membership the same health benefits and retirement plans afforded to the union officers?

Josh

Are you that dense?

The M&R just got i tin 2008 and the others in 2005, they havent been in it their whole career with US, some people even gained more time as their PSA and Frontier retirements were with the IAMNPF.

You are dodging the question. Explain to me how the $86/hour/year of service multiplier will provide retirees a middle class lifestyle even when supplemented with social security and any IRA and/or 401K the employees may have established? Explain how after a failed strike the IAM gave into LMT's demand to shift new hires off the pension? Each successive employer that drops off an MEPP plan undermines the long term viability and sustainability of the plan for the remaining employers and plan participants. Why don't IAM members get the same benefits union officers receive?

Josh

That along with the terminated plan and SS will provide.

The multiplier is $86 negotiating for $104. It pays over $400 a month now for only being in five years and keeps climbing.
what a joke! and you defend that crap? You must get the special appointed leader deal.

There should be a law passed that prohibits a union from using such a paltry pension to maintain poor and failed representation. The law should make this scams portable.

You do realize they have just vested in that plan, and the the IAM is asking for a multiplier of $104 a month.

And how your AA DBP?

Oh wait its frozen and you dont accumulate any new money in it.

That would qualify you for Food Stamps, Section 8 Housing, and a free Obama Cellphone.

The pension for US fleet and M&R is even more a slap in the face when you consider they have among the lowest pay rates in the entire industry which makes it difficult to contribute to 401K and other savings. If I were in your position and this merger ultimately goes through I would put my foot down and say no this IAMNPF nonsense. You guys have been burned once already with your pensions as have the USAIR guys why would you want to set yourself up to have it happen again? Longer term you all would be better served negotiating for a good 401K match like the pilots did. The trend is clearly away from DB plans but the unions see them both as and organizing tool but also an item to keep you in THEIR union. A MEPP like the IAMNPF places other participants and employers at risk as when even one employer drops out of the plan the remaining participants and plan viability is threatened.

Josh

You do realize they have just vested in that plan, and the the IAM is asking for a multiplier of $104 a month.

And how your AA DBP?

Oh wait its frozen and you dont accumulate any new money in it.
Right now, even frozen, I qualify for about $2400.00 per month. And now get a matching 401K, so go pound sand with your paltry pension that is only used to justify piss poor representation.

Funny then why does a US mechanic earn more in pay, benefits and working conditions?

On the table is $36 DOS, 6th week of vacation, full sick pay not depending whats on your back, and a $104 multiplier, thats just a few things on the table now.

On the table means NOTHING. Until it is negotiated and agreed by the company and ultimately ratified by the membership that is of no consequence to the membership. Talk is cheap just like all these politicians that come up with all these silly ideas that will never happen. Like I said the IAM always comes up with these ideas and has all these things "on the table" but they never seem to materialize. Again, they have been negotiating with US for how long and you have made no progress? The IAM has basically sat on their hands and allowed the company to enjoy labor costs far below the market standard.

Josh

You are full of once again joshie and post misinformation.

Guess you arent a fan of the facts.

Latest posts

Back