Iam Vs. Twu (fleet Service)

It appears that fleet services will probably have to vote for TWU or IAM representation according to the Allegheny-Mohowk LLP. Any feelings from the US side how folks would be voting? While we're at it, does anyone have a link to the US Fleet Services contract? I saw it once and failed to bookmark it for future reference. The AWA contract is at http://local580.twuatd.org/contract/contract.pdf if anyone is interested. That contract is currently in negotiation, and yes, the starting pay blows. Vacation and sick time is decent, however. No replacement of AWA personnel at field stations by contract workers is a really good thing. :mellow:

Allegheny/Mohwak are labor protective provisions, the National Mediation Board determines if there is an election or not.

In order for an election to occur the smaller group has to be at least 35% of the larger group.

You also have to count all the US Fleet Service on furlough with recall rights.

700UW said:
You also have to count all the US Fleet Service on furlough with recall rights.
[post="280613"][/post]​

How long if you got laid off today would you be on recall for?

Dont think there are many left on recall

For FSA represented it is 4 years. The ONLY reason the want the IAM to remain is with HOPES of them remembering those on furlough. Maybe they can even persuade the AWA folks to get rid of that "Starting rate of pay crap" if you have been furloughed for over 60 days. That is just another slap in the face to those who lost their jobs to outsourcing!

barbeetantrums said:
It appears that fleet services will probably have to vote for TWU or IAM representation according to the Allegheny-Mohowk LLP. Any feelings from the US side how folks would be voting? While we're at it, does anyone have a link to the US Fleet Services contract? I saw it once and failed to bookmark it for future reference. The AWA contract is at http://local580.twuatd.org/contract/contract.pdf if anyone is interested. That contract is currently in negotiation, and yes, the starting pay blows. Vacation and sick time is decent, however. No replacement of AWA personnel at field stations by contract workers is a really good thing. :mellow:
[post="280579"][/post]​

Many workers at Us are hoping we get the chance to replace the IAM, however there is hardly any difference between the TWU and the IAM. Both seem to care about dues first, politics next, then where the next conference, convention, communications meeting or whatever will be located. Concerns about Workers issues, protecting Jobs, building solidarity are not even in the top 10. Since the IAM was elected in 1994 to represent FSA at us, at least 35 stations have been allowed to be contracted out. Wages are less than 1994 levels, and three weeks less vacations than we used to recieve and no pay for a sick day,and no sick time for on job injuries. Plus now co contributes up to 80% less to retirement!!!!
No double time, Less holidays, less holiday pay.... you name it we have less or pay more for insurance since the IAM has given up everytime.

I have said all of that to say the TWU will not have a problem defeating the IAM if there is an election. Many are looking forward to voting out the IAM. The IAM has told workers at US, by the way they have acted, conducted elections, conducted negotiations, pursued grievances, etc .....They DON"T CARE WHAT THE MEMBERSHIP wants !!!!!

The TWU could benefit themselves provided they can negotiate a decent contract during upcoming negotiations!!!!!

unit4clt said:
Many workers at Us are hoping we get the chance to replace the IAM, however there is hardly any difference between the TWU and the IAM. Both seem to care about dues first, politics next, then where the next conference, convention, communications meeting or whatever will be located. Concerns about Workers issues, protecting Jobs, building solidarity are not even in the top 10. Since the IAM was elected in 1994 to represent FSA at us, at least 35 stations have been allowed to be contracted out. Wages are less than 1994 levels, and three weeks less vacations than we used to recieve and no pay for a sick day,and no sick time for on job injuries. Plus now co contributes up to 80% less to retirement!!!!
No double time, Less holidays, less holiday pay.... you name it we have less or pay more for insurance since the IAM has given up everytime.

I have said all of that to say the TWU will not have a problem defeating the IAM if there is an election. Many are looking forward to voting out the IAM. The IAM has told workers at US, by the way they have acted, conducted elections, conducted negotiations, pursued grievances, etc .....They DON"T CARE WHAT THE MEMBERSHIP wants !!!!!

The TWU could benefit themselves provided they can negotiate a decent contract during upcoming negotiations!!!!!
[post="280658"][/post]​

700 is right, laid off people count and the TWU doesn't have 35% of total so I doubt that there would be a vote. However, it's a non-factor anyways, based on my understanding, the IBT may be announcing a new affiliation before labor day and may very likely both raid the IAM and pursue US AIRWAYS FSA sign up with petition before the AWA merger, and then pick up the AWA fsa through their new certification on US AIRWAYS property. I myself have no opinion on this matter until a petition is served. At any rate, to say there is bad blood between the IAM and IBT may be an understatement...wait till the AFLCIO convention.

regards,

unit4clt said:

[post="280658"][/post]​

Well, I certainly hope that IAM is replaced with SOMETHING. The provision for contracting out field stations is reprehensible. This means that when all goes into effect, stations like ICT and many others with AWA employees working ramp will be farmed out to low-rent contractors. Parker will jump on that in a heartbeat to save money. THe sick days provision in the IAM contract is hideous. Then the cuts in vacation. I'd go back to two weeks. Good gawd. How could anyone vote "yes" on that? :eek:

How many stations does HP have where there is no ramp?

I doubt they staff every single station with their own ramp.

HP flies into 94 stations, you are telling me everyone of those 94 have HP rampers?

I believe tadjr said TPA was outsourced.

If you live in a glass house don't be throwing stones.

700UW said:
How many stations does HP have where there is no ramp?

I doubt they staff every single station with their own ramp.

HP flies into 94 stations, you are telling me everyone of those 94 have HP rampers?

I believe tadjr said TPA was outsourced.

If you live in a glass house don't be throwing stones.
[post="280721"][/post]​

I don't remember ever saying that all 94 stations have HP rampers. Don't stick words in my mouth. No stone throwing here. The truth is that all of these stations are protected from having fleet service outsourced. Let's make this easy and rattle off all of the stations that have HP ramp. ABQ, AUS, BOS, BUR, CMH, COS, DEN, DFW, ELP, ICT, IND, LAX, LGB, MCI, MKE, MSP, OAK, OMA, ONT, PDX, RNO, SAN, SEA, SFO, SLC, SMF, SNA, and TUS. With some exceptions, these destinations are plenty ripe for outsourcing. They would outsource them if they could under the IAM contract. Believe me. :angry:

And the US Fleet Service have stations that are protected also.

And remember it was not at T/A it was a final offer in the second chapter 11 filing in less then two years and the third round of concessions, guess you forgot about that.

And do I need to post HP's history? It is not so glamourous either.

700UW said:
And the US Fleet Service have stations that are protected also.

And remember it was not at T/A it was a final offer in the second chapter 11 filing in less then two years and the third round of concessions, guess you forgot about that.

And do I need to post HP's history? It is not so glamourous either.
[post="280729"][/post]​

You are again sticking words in my mouth and completely misinterpreting what I have said. This discussion is over between you and I.

Latest posts