Hp Payscale/ Contract

NevadaHP

Senior
Aug 15, 2005
For all those fleet service employees who are worried about HPs pay!!! Obviously those of you on here havent been informed by your union so here goes. Probably in dec there will be a vote between union members for which Union they want. Which ever union vote wins thats the union and contract most likely in place. From what ive seen the TWU contract is MUCH better than the IAM contract. TWU gives you 3 weeks of vaca after 5 yrs of service and 4 weeks after 13 yrs. More holiday pay. And for all you field stations listen closely. The TWU contract poses strict language on out sourceing. If a TWU member has worked in a field station that station must allways have fleet service personnel there. Now that is Job security unlike the IAM where its based on the # of Flts per week, thats crap. TWU contract is amendable now. IAM is not til 2009. Have fun with those crappy benefits that those courts gave you in bankruptcy court.

NevadaHP said:
For all those fleet service employees who are worried about HPs pay!!!
[post="288362"][/post]​

Let's talk about PAY. The IAM contract will pay me enough so that I can live in a HOUSE that I OWN. The TWU contract pays me enough to live in a one-bedroom apartment and I must work lots of overtime to just make the rent. Until TWU negotiates a much higher pay scale, I can't see many existing US employees jumping the IAM ship. :rant:

That is funny, I have seen no determination from the National Mediation Board (NMB) as to what will happen, have not seen a merger happen yet, single carrier status been filed yet and see nothing from the TWU or IAM.

Me thinks someone is full of it.

markkus757 said:
Unfortunately, it looks like the IAM wins. How upsetting. :(
[post="288380"][/post]​

Don't get me wrong. I'd vote against the IAM contract just out of principle. But common sense dictates that existing US employees will follow the money. Pat and his posse will have to negotiate a HEFTY increase in the pay scale if there is any hope of a TWU victory. It all comes down to cash. It's about the bling bling, fast cars, and the fly women, homey.

700UW said:
That is funny, I have seen no determination from the National Mediation Board (NMB) as to what will happen, have not seen a merger happen yet, single carrier status been filed yet and see nothing from the TWU or IAM.

Me thinks someone is full of it.
[post="288415"][/post]​

I'm with you on this one. I doubt very seriously that their will be any voting anytime soon. The real problem with the merger will be with seniority. IAM fleet service will protect its interest in the form of fair and equitable by agreeing to no less than integrated seniority. No goofy unfair porportion stuff that would only be suggested by other interest groups.

Even if some groups have the same union, seniority will still have to be approved by the members in a way that is fair to the particular group. See Piedmont pilots who I believe maintained a separate seniority roster several months past the official August merger with US AIRWAYS.

regards,