IBT/UAL contract rejection, what does it mean to us at AA?

chilokie1 said:
On another thread Old Guy had a great point but it was off topic on that
thread but it fits here.
The subject was Peterson's letter and Old Guy brought up the fact that 
the negotiating committee members sign a confidentiality agreement about
releasing information about the negotiations. 
Weaasles informed Old Guy he did not believe this is true, I'am informing 
him that it is true & all correspondence to the membership is edited by
the Head Ass. Men.
The Association updates yes are vetted. But we're not in Section 6 so there is no confidentiality agreement.

Didn't the company negotiate directly with the members for the Pilots and FAS when they thought they hit a snag?

That letter that went to Pilots homes (and to their wives) worked wonders for them.

WeAAsles said:
The Association updates yes are vetted. But we're not in Section 6 so there is no confidentiality agreement.

Didn't the company negotiate directly with the members for the Pilots and FAS when they thought they hit a snag?

That letter that went to Pilots homes (and to their wives) worked wonders for them.

Can you explain section 6 please, because last week Dale Danker held an 
informal Q&A in my shop and he informed us that he did sign a confidentiality 
agreement. 

chilokie1 said:
Can you explain section 6 please, because last week Dale Danker held an 
informal Q&A in my shop and he informed us that he did sign a confidentiality 
agreement.
Well if he did then it might not be worth the paper it's written on since we all saw the company bargain with the members in the other groups?

Maybe they signed agreements not to talk about the particulars involving money?

That I could understand since it gives our competitors a heads up.

Read this on bookface

UAL Mechanics picket nationwide, send a clear message with 93% NO vote

Friday, in a continuing and powerful display of solidarity at airports across the country, United Mechanics protested and passed out information to passengers in front of United’s ticket counters. The message reflected in their 93% NO vote is clear; the substandard proposal that management put on the table as their last offer is an insult to their craft, and is completely inadequate. In a message to United mechanics, Airline Division Director David Bourne said, “We will not rest until an industry leading agreement is in place for United’s Mechanics. The time is NOW for this company to deliver on the many promises they have made to make us industry leaders in every aspect of our collective bargaining agreement.”

Friday afternoon, Airline Division Director Bourne directed IBT attorney Nick Manicone to hand deliver a request for release from mediation to the NMB. “The company made it clear in November that they would negotiate no further and refused counter proposals from the negotiating committee. This is the very definition of an impasse, and we demand that the National Mediation Board exercise its legal responsibility and release us,” Bourne continued in his message.

On Tuesday, March 8th United mechanics and the teamsters will take the message directly to investors of United Airlines at the J.P. Morgan Aviation, Transportation and Industrials Conference in New York City. The conference brings together over 500 corporate leaders, financial sponsors, and institutional investors from over 70 companies. United Airlines mechanics intend to welcome them with an information picket beginning at 7:00am to make one thing crystal clear; that a strike at United is imminent unless they change their ways.

All Teamsters are welcomed to join the picket.

Funny you say Steve Twist is a scammer? Do you know him personally? What makes him a scammer. Better yet what is a scammer?

Reactions: 1 person
Scba2016 said:
Funny you say Steve Twist is a scammer? Do you know him personally? What makes him a scammer. Better yet what is a scammer?
Believe me, if he is he has plenty of company.  Scammer: someone attempting and usually succeeding at avoiding their share of meaningful work.

Wow.. That's funny you make a statement like that on scamming. Thanks for clearing that up..
Well I personally know Mr Twist and by far isn't a non producer when it comes to work.. Do you know him on a personal level ? Probably not. By your comment.

WeAAsles said:
I 100% AGREE with this comment."What I want is RELENTLESS NEGOTIATIONS
JUST LIKE THEY DID IN 2003 when they couldn't wait to make us all poorer so they could all be richer."
I don't think asking for non stop negotiations, NO, DEMANDING IT, is too much to ask for as they make BILLIONS from our labor.

Alright so what do you guys think Lombardo should do then? He did put out a letter of support for people over at UAL and right away someone on here bashed it. How's he going to force the company to stop the BS of having these weeks off while there main guy goes off to take care of other business?
Right now they work this week and from what I understand then another week off and then 3 weeks straight. Will a huge block of things get done during those 3 weeks?
He shouldn't be going on vacation I bet he did not loose vacation time like us for starter another his he needs to tell the membership the truth of what is happening in contract talks . He needs to let us know every thing we're adults we can take it. Do not care about the non disclosure the union should of not signed that. Another thing is change things up and let members watch the negotiations . I herd that shook things up at northwest . We cannot do any thing if we do not have the full story. We're men and women and it's our lively hood we should be apart of it. We can not let the union and company screw us another 4 years are more.are let them cut back door deals .

WeAAsles said:
Well if he did then it might not be worth the paper it's written on since we all saw the company bargain with the members in the other groups?
Maybe they signed agreements not to talk about the particulars involving money?
That I could understand since it gives our competitors a heads up.
give the competitors a heads up come on w that's weak . The other airlines know what we want . Mechanics any way want ups pay. They all know that

Scba2016 said:
Wow.. That's funny you make a statement like that on scamming. Thanks for clearing that up..
Well I personally know Mr Twist and by far isn't a non producer when it comes to work.. Do you know him on a personal level ? Probably not. By your comment.

I do and I see him everyday working directly for management making the whole hangar free stock to get out of work.  He is giving away Stores jobs by putting the parts on the floor

SkydrolJunkie said:

That's 3/4 of the guys I work with!!
Yeaaa, just a bunch of lazy unskilled greedy mechanics....

Thant don't know how good they have it.

That's what I thought you don't know him. You see him. Wow. Funny how we get an opinion rather it's right or wrong about somebody without knowing them.. FYI. They CREATED TWO full time position to cover free stock.. Looks like to me that he's creating more job for stores??

Scba2016 said:
That's what I thought you don't know him. You see him. Wow. Funny how we get an opinion rather it's right or wrong about somebody without knowing them.. FYI. They CREATED TWO full time position to cover free stock.. Looks like to me that he's creating more job for stores??

So you are confirming that he was helping out management to move the planes faster by creating the free stock area.  Great union guy there

BTW...NO they moved two people from the stock room to cover his free stock hangar, and there are two less people in the stock room.

Latest posts