IBT/UAL contract rejection, what does it mean to us at AA?

Tater Salad said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. Do you want another POS contract full of ambiguous language where the company can screw you over any way they see fit? They are attempting to do it right for the first time in 50 years. There is language from the 1950s in our contract that needs to be rewritten. 

So sick of people bitching about it, what are YOU doing about it?

Thank you for saying this

It is getting pathetic here with the crying about a contract while the deals and scams keep on going.  Even the guys complaining about the deals and scams are scamming and dealing.  Heck one of the biggest scammers Steve Twist told me he is running for office--that would be a no to him when I get a ballot

I hope they take there time and get it right for once

Reactions: 2 people
Tater Salad said:
You have no idea what you are talking about. Do you want another POS contract full of ambiguous language where the company can screw you over any way they see fit? They are attempting to do it right for the first time in 50 years. There is language from the 1950s in our contract that needs to be rewritten. 

No don't want a POS contract I want them to have some urgency though. When they want use to give they seem to be able to get that done in weeks not years. You said they are trying to get it right that's freaking laughable

Reactions: 1 person
Tater Salad said:

Let's start with your last question.
I wanted a representation VOTE , that's where it starts.
Representation with the consent of the membership.

So
Since we didn't get to vote on who's representing us, I'm left with trying to get heard any way possible.
If you email them or call them, they don't respond.

Show me where I said I want a POS contract.

What I want is RELENTLESS NEGOTIATIONS
JUST LIKE THEY DID IN 2003 when they couldn't wait to make us all poorer so they could all be richer.

I don't think asking for non stop negotiations, NO, DEMANDING IT, is too much to ask for as they make BILLIONS from our labor.

Reactions: 5 people
iluvaa said:
No don't want a POS contract I want them to have some urgency though. When they want use to give they seem to be able to get that done in weeks not years. You said they are trying to get it right that's freaking laughable
So who are you looking for urgency from? You read the Peterson update and I've also heard the same sentiment echoed from others. The Company is the one stalling the process with scheduling intermittent weeks and they're also the ones trying to introduce concessions into the talks for that great big payday they've been promising up and down the country.

Would you rather they just accept what the company is peddling so we can start putting that money in the bank?

CMH_GSE said:
And Lombardo, is he on vacation?
I 100% AGREE with this comment.

"What I want is RELENTLESS NEGOTIATIONS
JUST LIKE THEY DID IN 2003 when they couldn't wait to make us all poorer so they could all be richer."

I don't think asking for non stop negotiations, NO, DEMANDING IT, is too much to ask for as they make BILLIONS from our labor.

Alright so what do you guys think Lombardo should do then? He did put out a letter of support for people over at UAL and right away someone on here bashed it. How's he going to force the company to stop the BS of having these weeks off while there main guy goes off to take care of other business?

Right now they work this week and from what I understand then another week off and then 3 weeks straight. Will a huge block of things get done during those 3 weeks?

CMH_GSE said:
Would nice to see someone putting more urgency into the situation.
Agreed. How do we get the company to do that? Is there any Parker roadshows coming up? How about a large group of people show up to one of those things and call him out why things are taking so long? Why the stalls? Why are your negotiators talking concessions? Are you enjoying your nice stock bonuses? Why are you trying to steal our Pre-funding match? Where the hell is our revenue gain sharing? 

Go to a roadshow and call this guy out.

Agree on the road shows.

I find it interesting that we are only getting a real look at what's going on from Peterson, or at least a peek.

CMH_GSE said:
Agree on the road shows.

I find it interesting that we are only getting a real look at what's going on from Peterson, or at least a peek.
Someone else from Maintenance put out something about 2 weeks ago but it wasn't signed. I posted it on here somewhere. A guy in Fleet named Mark Baskett (Good guy) put out an update for his members as well that was similar and it leaked all over.

Peterson just may be the most passionate of all the guys out there in making sure you guys are getting his perspective of things? 

The company DOES NOT want them talking directly to us. They don't want us to know what they are trying to do and maybe wind up supporting out team. It doesn't fit the game plan that I saw them use on the Pilot's, the FA's and then finally the Agents.

I thought the Agents were going to beat them at their own game but then they folded like a house of cards at the last minute.

So 3 went down. Are we next?

WeAAsles said:
Agreed. How do we get the company to do that? Is there any Parker roadshows coming up? How about a large group of people show up to one of those things and call him out why things are taking so long? Why the stalls? Why are your negotiators talking concessions? Are you enjoying your nice stock bonuses? Why are you trying to steal our Pre-funding match? Where the hell is our revenue gain sharing? 
Go to a roadshow and call this guy out.
the union needs to get thought tell glass he needs to stay on ours 24/7 till its hammered out. That's rwhat I'm paying union dues for . The union is suposed to be working for its members if you talk to Parker in a town hall crew meeting what ever he will spin it. It's up to the union to talk to glass and Parker. They have access to him.

Reactions: 2 people
Traymark said:
Let's start with your last question.
I wanted a representation VOTE , that's where it starts.
Representation with the consent of the membership.

So
Since we didn't get to vote on who's representing us, I'm left with trying to get heard any way possible.
If you email them or call them, they don't respond.

Show me where I said I want a POS contract.

What I want is RELENTLESS NEGOTIATIONS
JUST LIKE THEY DID IN 2003 when they couldn't wait to make us all poorer so they could all be richer.

All reasonable reasons to be pissed off IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
On another thread Old Guy had a great point but it was off topic on that
thread but it fits here.
The subject was Peterson's letter and Old Guy brought up the fact that 
the negotiating committee members sign a confidentiality agreement about
releasing information about the negotiations. 
Weaasles informed Old Guy he did not believe this is true, I'am informing 
him that it is true & all correspondence to the membership is edited by
the Head Ass. Men.

conehead777 said:
the union needs to get thought tell glass he needs to stay on ours 24/7 till its hammered out. That's rwhat I'm paying union dues for . The union is suposed to be working for its members if you talk to Parker in a town hall crew meeting what ever he will spin it. It's up to the union to talk to glass and Parker. They have access to him.
Conehead that all sounds great but here's the reality IMO. Lombardo can put out a letter every day saying all the things we want but unless the members show the company some resilience what the hell does it matter?

Now picture this. Every roadshow Parker does has a group of angry guys all sitting together that one guy stands up and calls him out on all the things that are pissing us off. Everyone with him stands up in solidarity when the one guy you guys chose speaks. And when you're done you all walk out together.

Now picture that in every station he goes to and it goes out on Jetnet and Workbrain for everyone else to see.

That's how you really send a message. And Parker can twist it as much as he wants but it's up to you guys if you believe him or not?

Remember I'm the guy that he said "no one is trying to abscond with your money" to. I sat in the front row and got lied to. I went back the next year he roled through and hit him again on it. I'd much rather have had a group there with me. It's kind of lonely up there you know.

Latest posts