UAL Mechanics and related reject contract

Chuck Schalk

Veteran
Nov 17, 2006
The industry has turned on the suppressors and will not accept sub-standard contracts. Mechanics at AA and UAL have now rejected their contract TA's. What that says is that we have reached the bottom and will not accept concessions and sub standard wages! Our profession is undervalued and the people have spoken loud and clear. We must continue to reject the suppressors taunts and threats. They will not hand us a contract we want unless we fight for it. It is time for us to stand tall and convince the companies that there will no relief until we vote in a contract that satisfies the working class of Mechanics and Related.

rah rah shiss coom bah!!

The paradigm has changed. They don't care if you stick airplanes where the sun doesn't shine.

What needs to happen is a full on 30 day count and then walk. Obama won't let that happen.

So, what now?

Rick em... Rack em.... Reck em .... Ruck em!!!!!
Print the manual and let's go F£•€ em!!!

We need to walk alright,walk out to the s80 fleet with a bundle of E-58s.If they can be GROUNDED for the B/S Aux Pump bundle, we can really find
some legitament wiring squawks !!!

Freakin goof balls, people been writtin the piss out of em for 2 years, see any diference?

We need to walk alright,walk out to the s80 fleet with a bundle of E-58s.If they can be GROUNDED for the B/S Aux Pump bundle, we can really find
some legitament wiring squawks !!!

That would require turning TVs and laptops off and putting the cards away...Good luck with that!

That would require turning TVs and laptops off and putting the cards away...Good luck with that!

Perhaps that could be accomplished by some good old magick -

Double, double toil and trouble;
Jet A burn, and Skydrol bubble,

etc.

... that'll get the slackers off their fuzzy butts ...

my apologies to Billy Bob Shakespeare

Perhaps that could be accomplished by some good old black magick -

Double, double toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and caldron bubble,

etc.

... that'll get the slackers off their fuzzy butts ...
thats it ! well you have not seen are slackers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick em... Rack em.... Reck em .... Ruck em!!!!!
Print the manual and let's go F£•€ em!!!

I work with you clowns on a daily basis and to tell you the truth i prefer not to work trips with like minded folks. You seem to be addmitting most of the time you are too lazy to work by the printed procedure ? Is this not what we are paid to do regardless ? Are we supposed to be the last line of defense for a safe AC ? It amazes me how you somehow try to justify your behavior as doing the company a favor by cutting corners when you are happy but when you get pissed you then say we will work by printed procedures ? WE ARE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW THE AMM ON EVERY JOB REGARDLESS OF CONTRACT OR NO CONTRACT. To sit here and say well now we will follow the amm is highly unprofessional. Insulting to say the least.

I work with you clowns on a daily basis and to tell you the truth i prefer not to work trips with like minded folks. You seem to be addmitting most of the time you are too lazy to work by the printed procedure ? Is this not what we are paid to do regardless ? Are we supposed to be the last line of defense for a safe AC ? It amazes me how you somehow try to justify your behavior as doing the company a favor by cutting corners when you are happy but when you get pissed you then say we will work by printed procedures ? WE ARE SUPPOSED TO FOLLOW THE AMM ON EVERY JOB REGARDLESS OF CONTRACT OR NO CONTRACT. To sit here and say well now we will follow the amm is highly unprofessional. Insulting to say the least.
Sort of along these same lines here. Got a phone call from a family member who goes through these forums every now and then. One thing I was asked "Don't you follow the manuals all the time, or just when things aren't going good"? All I can say was, Yes I follow the manuals. So, others could/probably think the same thing -- GEE, AA's mechanics only follow the manuals when things are bad. Guess I might find a different airline to fly. Sounds like we are untrustworthy.

dolly
Sort of along these same lines here. Got a phone call from a family member who goes through these forums every now and then. One thing I was asked "Don't you follow the manuals all the time, or just when things aren't going good"? All I can say was, Yes I follow the manuals. So, others could/probably think the same thing -- GEE, AA's mechanics only follow the manuals when things are bad. Guess I might find a different airline to fly. Sounds like we are untrustworthy.

Let me explain something about following AMM procedures to all of those who think we deviate at will.

Maintenance manual procedures apply to a TASK......If I am simply doing a walk around on an aircraft I do not need reference material other than the use of my eyes! I do not need to physically carry with me a copy of the GPM section covering walk arounds.

If there are no TASKS...THERE IS NO NEED FOR MAINTENANCE MANUAL REFERENCES.
If I find a discrepance on a walk around, then i will refer to the appropriate MM, SRM, FIM, etc manuals for corrective action.

Where there's a TASK, there's a manual reference accompanying it.

Next time you see a pilot doing a pre-flight walkaround, look to see if he's carrying a copy of his flight manual.

I will give you an example of NOT following the maintenance manual.
When the R&R for a 767wheel change says use a tire dolly and the mechanics decide to phyiscally slide it off the axle. That's a deviation..

And the end result could be hurting one's self.

dolly

Let me explain something about following AMM procedures to all of those who think we deviate at will.

Maintenance manual procedures apply to a TASK......If I am simply doing a walk around on an aircraft I do not need reference material other than the use of my eyes! I do not need to physically carry with me a copy of the GPM section covering walk arounds.

If there are no TASKS...THERE IS NO NEED FOR MAINTENANCE MANUAL REFERENCES.
If I find a discrepance on a walk around, then i will refer to the appropriate MM, SRM, FIM, etc manuals for corrective action.

Where there's a TASK, there's a manual reference accompanying it.

Next time you see a pilot doing a pre-flight walkaround, look to see if he's carrying a copy of his flight manual.

I will give you an example of NOT following the maintenance manual.
When the R&R for a 767wheel change says use a tire dolly and the mechanics decide to phyiscally slide it off the axle. That's a deviation..

And the end result could be hurting one's self.
But, when NON-AIRLINE people read (FOLLOW THE MANUAL) they are under the assumption that mechanics DO NOT follow the manuals except for difficult times like this.

But, when NON-AIRLINE people read (FOLLOW THE MANUAL) they are under the assumption that mechanics DO NOT follow the manuals except for difficult times like this.

Exactly.

Work to Rule or Follow the Manual appear to be job actions precipitated by frustrations over the pace of negotiations, and a reasonable inference is that mechanics don't do it otherwise.

Ken has a difficult road ahead of him in attempting to "save the profession" unless those three words are really just code for "all we need is a pay raise."

Back