Ideas to pass a TA with the mechanics.

bigjets

Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
It seems like AA is bending over backwards for labor peace with the FA's. There is no such thing as the perfect contract as someone will always complain about something, the trick is to get the best contract possible.

-The TA that is brought back should be agreed upon by the negotiating committee.
-NO undercutting of TA by a negotiator
-NO we can't get you a good raise because we have OH. AA kept OH, AA decided OH was cost effective.
-NO raise for line mechs and a one time bonus for OH
-and of course industry leading is expected, in all aspects of a contract.

When and IF we ever get a TA it will be another shining example **** crap mediocrity.

As long as the company union is negotiating you will be the lowest paid in the industry but don't worry we can get em next time

Just an opinion, but I feel like United and Southwest management are stalling just to see what crap contract the TWU gets at the largest airline before they commit.

Seems plausible, the TWU does lead unions in worst contracts and along with that crap contract that the IAM brought back.

I remember reading somewhere that SWA didn't want to give raises in order to let the other mechs catch up in pay. I think they make $45 an hour.

AA-MRO.COM said:
As long as the company union is negotiating you will be the lowest paid in the industry but don't worry we can get em next time
Sadly I think you are right.  If we go by the same process as the FAs, the only thing they'll do is compare each contract item by item and the alliance will ask for the better of the two.  This means we will remain the lowest paid AMTs.  I think we might get longevity back (If the alliance asks for it) and we might get holidays back and sick pay, but remember that these things have to be asked for.  Also keep in mind that the TWU contract is amendable in 2018 and the IAM is amendable in 2016 (I think).  So get ready for them to tell us "We'll get em in 2016." or some other catchy slogan.  If the company and alliance can't agree on even one item, the whole thing goes to arbitration.  Hate to be the party pooper but let's not get everyone's hopes up for a good deal.  We'll most likely get the IAM benefit package with AA pay scale.  Some will still refuse to sign cards though.  

OldGuy@AA said:
Sadly I think you are right.  If we go by the same process as the FAs, the only thing they'll do is compare each contract item by item and the alliance will ask for the better of the two.  This means we will remain the lowest paid AMTs.  I think we might get longevity back (If the alliance asks for it) and we might get holidays back and sick pay, but remember that these things have to be asked for.  Also keep in mind that the TWU contract is amendable in 2018 and the IAM is amendable in 2016 (I think).  So get ready for them to tell us "We'll get em in 2016." or some other catchy slogan.  If the company and alliance can't agree on even one item, the whole thing goes to arbitration.  Hate to be the party pooper but let's not get everyone's hopes up for a good deal.  We'll most likely get the IAM benefit package with AA pay scale.  Some will still refuse to sign cards though.  

OLG GUY

At this point why would any AA or US mechanics sign any T/A as long as it has the TWU/IAM name on it.

What is it going to take for the mechanics of AA and US to wake up. It's been yrs since each group has gotten any real improvements so why continue with these two Looser unions?

bigjets said:
It seems like AA is bending over backwards for labor peace with the FA's. There is no such thing as the perfect contract as someone will always complain about something, the trick is to get the best contract possible.

-The TA that is brought back should be agreed upon by the negotiating committee.
-NO undercutting of TA by a negotiator
-NO we can't get you a good raise because we have OH. AA kept OH, AA decided OH was cost effective.
-NO raise for line mechs and a one time bonus for OH
-and of course industry leading is expected, in all aspects of a contract.
We need to stand as one don't put Line AMT and OH AMT in different PAY GROUP. We need to stand as Licensed Professional A&P Mechanics and our pay should be the same only difference is shift work.      

AMFAinMIAMI said:

OLG GUY

At this point why would any AA or US mechanics sign any T/A as long as it has the TWU/IAM name on it.

What is it going to take for the mechanics of AA and US to wake up. It's been yrs since each group has gotten any real improvements so why continue with these two Looser unions?
I wish I knew how to make these guys wake up.  The solution is so easy.  Sign a card and we're done with all this madness.

TRAVIS said:
We need to stand as one don't put Line AMT and OH AMT in different PAY GROUP. We need to stand as Licensed Professional A&P Mechanics and our pay should be the same only difference is shift work.      
THIS is fuckin bull ****. Market rates should be the driver.

DallasConehead said:
THIS is fuckin bull ####. Market rates should be the driver.
And the TWU made sure they didn't include SWA wages in the industry wage comparison clause come September 2015. 

MetalMover said:
And the TWU made sure they didn't include SWA wages in the industry wage comparison clause come September 2015. 
Same old stupid argument, you want swa rates then do swa contract out.

Let the overhaul guys compete with the MROs of the world, while the rest of us compete at line rates. Then if the OH guys want the line rate they use their sen and come out to the high cost areas.

.55 cents is silly and we all know it.

DallasConehead said:
Same old stupid argument, you want swa rates then do swa contract out.

Let the overhaul guys compete with the MROs of the world, while the rest of us compete at line rates. Then if the OH guys want the line rate they use their sen and come out to the high cost areas.

.55 cents is silly and we all know it.
Same old stupid argument? What is SWA, a fly by night commuter airline? It was one thing they did not include FedEx and UPS wages, but we can't include SWA wages? Did not Delta and United increase outsourcing after their bankruptcies? So the TWU agreed to only include those wages at bankrupt airlines? Oh, I forgot the"We don't want to hurt the company because we're going to ASK for everything back" TWU philosophy.
As for OH, yes If we competed on LINE vs OH rates, then yes they would not see what the lines sees. 

MetalMover said:
Same old stupid argument? What is SWA, a fly by night commuter airline? It was one thing they did not include FedEx and UPS wages, but we can't include SWA wages? Did not Delta and United increase outsourcing after their bankruptcies? So the TWU agreed to only include those wages at bankrupt airlines? Oh, I forgot the"We don't want to hurt the company because we're going to ASK for everything back" TWU philosophy.
As for OH, yes If we competed on LINE vs OH rates, then yes they would not see what the lines sees. 
Huh? Anyway, swa isn't included in the average, it is what it is, move on. Think about the future, not the past, we all know twu structure is corrupt. next.  The name of the thread is:
Ideas to pass a TA with the mechanics.

Your idea was everyone get paid the same!!!! My idea was, thats bs, break out  the major carriers, do the math, contracting out, pay, on and on.  Let OH compete with OH, let line compete with line.

Back