If you think Seniority integration is ugly now...

Who the hell would want to live in PHX? It is a #### hole. I would take PHL, CLT, BOS, LGA, or ANYWHERE else before PHX. Seriously, come spend a month here in this hot, nasty, dusty, poor, sprawling, crime ridden town ... then you will realize how nice the east and west coast are! I never realized how lucky I was to live in SAN and having grown up in PIT until I spent five weeks of training in PHX. Their air quality alone is enough to make someone gag!
Very few will actually LIVE in PHX, just fly out of there. A large number of PHL F/As commute from points west of PHX, and they will be the very first on the list of transfer.

Well they can only transfer in if there are spots available they cannot bump anyone so no skin off my back!!!

Well they can only transfer in if there are spots available they cannot bump anyone so no skin off my back!!!

Wrong answer. Ponder this.

Reserves quit. East FA's bid to fill the openings. They come into PHX with all their seniority and you likely move down the seniority ladder. This can snowball and get very ugly for West FA's depending on how many East reserves would rather hold a line in PHX.

Since our last two mergers, people have transferred in and out of all bases. I don't see this one being any different. Except....we used to have bases in LAX, SFO, and SAN. All those crew members have been waiting to get back west.

A merger between US and NWA would be different from the US/HP merger in one critical way: US/HP was a completely end-to-end merger, with zero overlap. An NWA/US merger would result in the dehubbing of at least one city, probably MEM. This would mean fewer jobs at the combined carrier.

Didn't Parker say that he expected all the invol f/as to be back on the property within the year?

Considering that over the past few months recall #'s have been reduced, August recall completely canceled, and now a Voluntary Leave of Absence in September due to overstaffing in PIT, CLT and PHL after the Summer travel season concludes, I highly doubt that all the invol's will be back on property before year's end.

My prediction: I expect the next recall announcement to be less recalls for December or a complete cancellation of that "planned recall" altogether.

Parker may be improving some areas of US, but in the matter of recalls and growth he is failing miserably. I also recall reading that US was aggressively seeking to pick up more 757's (in addition to the 3 from ATA) or possibly 767's. What ever happened with that? I guess it's safe to conclude there are no plans for any newly acquired aircraft anytime soon since the company needs to reduce the headcount in September. Hopefully the company will arrive at the # they are looking for so that this may not translate to a re-furlough of those who just came back.

Sounds like all that talk of growth, aircraft acquisition and the return of all invol's by the end of the year was just that...talk. Remember, it's important to keep the employees believing that there may be something on the horizon to look forward to. Personally, I'll believe it when I see it.

Who the hell would want to live in PHX? It is a #### hole. I would take PHL, CLT, BOS, LGA, or ANYWHERE else before PHX. Seriously, come spend a month here in this hot, nasty, dusty, poor, sprawling, crime ridden town ... then you will realize how nice the east and west coast are! I never realized how lucky I was to live in SAN and having grown up in PIT until I spent five weeks of training in PHX. Their air quality alone is enough to make someone gag!

Where else but in the Phoenix metro can you see a Latino undocumented in a fist-fight with a tweaker (meth addict) in a nice subdivision at 4 a.m.? Saw that once on my way to work.

itchintime.jpg

"Now I've seen everything!"

The company calls that "natural attrition." And honestly, it isn't just senior people.
Many senior people can not afford to quit or retire, and have more to lose than juniors. I just flew a trip with our number one, Betty N., who will be starting her 50th year. She's not going anywhere...although I should put a bug in her ear about how fabulous PHX is!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :up:

Many senior people can not afford to quit or retire, and have more to lose than juniors.

This is USAirways major weakness, they can't get rid of the senior people. This drives up the cost and prevents new hires. Not a good business plan.

Wrong answer. Ponder this.

Reserves quit. East FA's bid to fill the openings. They come into PHX with all their seniority and you likely move down the seniority ladder. This can snowball and get very ugly for West FA's depending on how many East reserves would rather hold a line in PHX.

Yes, they can come in as spots open and I stay on Reserve. I am a realist and expect to be on reserve for 5-10 years, so again, no skin off my back. I look forward to work with some of the senior folks at east. Most of them are nice folks. However, just like anyting I am sure there are some "real works of arts" out east but we have them in the west too. You take the good with the bad and move on!

Yes, they can come in as spots open and I stay on Reserve. I am a realist and expect to be on reserve for 5-10 years, so again, no skin off my back. I look forward to work with some of the senior folks at east. Most of them are nice folks. However, just like anyting I am sure there are some "real works of arts" out east but we have them in the west too. You take the good with the bad and move on!

You had previously neglected to let it be known you were already on reserve. I had read your message as if you were far more senior. You are correct then since you are already on reserve.

Back