I'll just leave this here....

WorldTraveler said:
Top of the morning to you, dawg.

Or you can conclude that the value of the work DL for maintaining DL's fleet and in the work it sounds out is incorrect according to DOT data which you can find on DL's SEC filings and at the Airline Data Project among other places.

no, 2014 data has not been released.

again, DL has invested in mods on its existing fleet which is virtually indistinguishable in terms of passenger amenities compared to other carriers who are paying the OEMs to put in those new cabins on new aircraft.

DL chooses to invest in older aircraft. When you back out the value of what DL is spending in mods compared to what other carriers are doing, DL's level of outsourcing is lower and other carriers do not insource anywhere close to the degree DL Tech Ops does.
Okay, you didn't answer any of my questions. 

I have already told you Delta's outsourcing % is going up.the airline data from MIT says the same. 

The rest of your post is just fluff. Stop comparing Delta + insourcing unless you find the numbers on how much insourcing AA and UA also do. 

DL's outsourcing percent has gone up by 3% since the merger despite DL doing $500M in cabin mods which weren't done before.

If you are half as smart at math as you claim to be, then you could see that you have backed yourself into a corner in trying to argue that $500M in cabin and aircraft mods is way more than 3% based on DL's $2.3 billion maintenance budget.

Quite simply, DL's mods are what has driven the increase in outsourcing but DL has clearly outsourced less on other things - unless you are willing to accuse DL of cooking the books.

which is it, dawg?

WorldTraveler said:
DL's outsourcing percent has gone up by 3% since the merger despite DL doing $500M in cabin mods which weren't done before.

If you are half as smart at math as you claim to be, then you could see that you have backed yourself into a corner in trying to argue that $500M in cabin and aircraft mods is way more than 3% based on DL's $2.3 billion maintenance budget.

Quite simply, DL's mods are what has driven the increase in outsourcing but DL has clearly outsourced less on other things - unless you are willing to accuse DL of cooking the books.

which is it, dawg?
ugh. And again I will ask. Again. 
Just where are you pulling this 500M number from? how much of that cost is being put in one year, vs over the life of the aircraft? 

I am not saying Delta is cooking the books but this isn't going to be the 2+2 issue you keep making it out to be. Finally, If you are saying that the company went from 0 to 500M in 2013 you are basically saying that in a year Delta insourced a little less than 50% of what it had outsourced the year before. I am telling you that you are on crack and don't know a single thing about airplanes if you think they can bring in that amount of work and is just be in little things like components.
So IMO you are being fooled by over simplifying things or are probably not getting numbers from the right places.  .

WT for what you are saying Delta would have basically had to in source every thing NW sent out on its fleet minus the overhauls. Even then I would be that at least some overhauls would have had to been done in-house to make the math work. Seeing that you constantly bring up the 330 c-checks that are coming in-house in 201as well that the plan to gear up for more airbus backshop work in 2015/2016/2017 something should be clicking in your head that something isn't right. (and again, no NW engines are done in-house other than the small number of PW2000s) 

DL specifically has said what the cost of aircraft mods would be. it was $2B for the widebody mods and they released a number for the narrowbody cabin mods.

It is easily $500M per year.

WorldTraveler said:
DL specifically has said what the cost of aircraft mods would be. it was $2B for the widebody mods and they released a number for the narrowbody cabin mods.

It is easily $500M per year.
Okay. First thing is first. 

Unless you pull it from an SEC or DOT form then it doesn't matter what the PRs say. Again, the way those mods are costed out generally have upfront costs and then costs applied to the life of the airframe (because they "say" it extended the life of the airframe) On top of that it is generally rolled into other check work which changes the cost of them. 
generally the PRs are the price that would be if Delta took a A330 sent it to the vendor or whoever and literally all they did was that mod.  

second it isn't easily 500M a year. They didn't say it was 500M a year starting in 2013. Hell the lie-flat mods started pre merger. (so 2008.)

So again, You are trying to hit a moving target that you can't see. Unless you get it from a 10K or an 8K ignore the PRs.

And as i said before, the amount of insourcing you are talking about would have been well known to not only me but probably you. That much work doesn't come in-house and no one pick up on it. At the very least you would have seen things like flightgobal pick up on it. 

and to be completely honest, If Delta brings in 50% of the work it sent out in a year before I will be screaming from the frickin roof tops. 

Three red marks left till -10,000!

Remember Dawg, figures dont lie, figurers do!

just do it... .it will be a grand day to break the bank.

btw, has all of those red marks accomplished one thing? even one small thing you and others hoped they would?

NOPE.

I'll just leave that reality RIGHT HERE>

and what has that accomplished other than helping you feel just a little less powerless than you were before?

if taking the sting off because you are still wrong about so many issues including in failing to admit that DL employees aren't interested in unionization, then I am happy to let you push little red buttons.

Back