Improvements at STL

LambertMan

Sep 7, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Awhile back in September AA and St.Louis said they were going to start terminal improvements such as: new carpeting, new flight displays, new AA gate signs, etc. Have these even started yet?

It definately needs to be remodeled,but with traffic down,and cash in short supply I would look for it unless the city does it.

While they are planning on remodeling they should also make some sort of tunnel between the two loooooooooooooong concourses (their alphabet designations escape me). Moving side walk or not,its a workout.

----------------
On 4/5/2003 11:24:04 PM texflyer wrote:

they should also make some sort of tunnel between the two loooooooooooooong concourses (their alphabet designations escape me). Moving side walk or not,its a workout.

----------------​

There used to be a mobile lounge between C and D. I don''t know why they stopped it. The planned connector will simply open up the ridiculously congested spot where C and D branch out from the security checkpoint. Nothing will be done about the walk from C38 to D32, which must be at least a mile.

MK

----------------
On 4/7/2003 7:29:09 PM kirkpatrick wrote:

----------------

they should also make some sort of tunnel between the two loooooooooooooong concourses (their alphabet designations escape me). Moving side walk or not,its a workout.

----------------​

There used to be a mobile lounge between C and D. I don''t know why they stopped it. The planned connector will simply open up the ridiculously congested spot where C and D branch out from the security checkpoint. Nothing will be done about the walk from C38 to D32, which must be at least a mile.

MK

----------------​
The shuttle between the C and D was insanely expensive and subject to breakdowns.TWA wisely shut it down during earlier cash conservation efforts. Some of the contracts for improvements have been extended to defer payments till closer to summer. I am told work continiues in some non-public areas readying utilities and systems to support new vendor facilities that are coming as well as other concourse improvements. By the end of the year it should be much more noticible.

----------------

It definately needs to be remodeled,but with traffic down,and cash in short supply I would look for it unless the city does it.

While they are planning on remodeling they should also make some sort of tunnel between the two loooooooooooooong concourses (their alphabet designations escape me). Moving side walk or not,its a workout.

----------------​
The City decided how the concourse designations should be. I would have preferred maybe a color coding system myself. That said, ORD is also setup with "alphabet designations" as well. In STL there are 4 main terminal concourses. A, B, C, D. And having walked the concourses many times in STL, in reality it is not much different than DFW ord ORD in length. I hope if and when the new terminal gets built it will be more like PIT.