India Rez Agents

Yea? And its a well know fact that Teddy Kennedy paid someone to take his law exam so he could become a lawyer.

About what led up to outsourcing is the signing NAFTA. Who signed this piece of legislation into law? None other than Bill Clinton. So for all you Bush haters, Bush is not responsible for all the outsourcing going on today. Clinton created the tax benefit in NAFTA for companies to outsource. Now all companies are looking at where they can cut overhead. Wages being a big part of the overhead, the jobs that can be outsourced, thus improving the bottom line, are being outsourced. Over zealous CEO and senior managements have and are still making dumb decision on which jobs to outsource. Sending public contact jobs overseas is definitely a poor decision which ultimately reflects badly on the companies that do it. American consumers do not like to talk to english accents they cannot understand and have to have repeated several times before they can understand what is being said. They simply become frustrated and write and complain to the companies. However, jobs which do not interface with the public, can be sent overseas, such as software design, billing, ticketing, etc. Thus, companies which provide a service to the American public need to keep their customers happy to improve the bottom line. A happy consumer will keep coming back as long as he get the service he expects and being able to understand the english language is a big part of it. Since Dell, GE and Gateway have brought some of these jobs back to the US, they have found out that it did not save the money they had thought. When your customers leave and go elsewhere, your bottom line suffers.

novaqt said:
About what led up to outsourcing is the signing NAFTA. Who signed this piece of legislation into law? None other than Bill Clinton. So for all you Bush haters, Bush is not responsible for all the outsourcing going on today.
Yes Clinton signed the legislation into law but it was a republican dominated congress that gave Clinton the legislation that he signed. So what ever was in that legislation was created by congress and as I said earlier it was a republican dominated one. So at the end both republicans as well as democrats are equally responsible.

Just Plane Crazy said:
Yes Clinton signed the legislation into law but it was a republican dominated congress that gave Clinton the legislation that he signed. So what ever was in that legislation was created by congress and as I said earlier it was a republican dominated one. So at the end both republicans as well as democrats are equally responsible.
WOW, You need to ck your facts. As I remember the bill was tied in the Senate 52-52. When this happens they go to the Vice Pres to cast the tie breaker.
You can look this up, it was VP Al Gore who cast the tie breaker in favor of NAFTA.
I was really #&*$n825#^%#^^ogh9 - OFF. :shock: :angry: :angry:

Regardless of who signed/wrote/created NAFTA, NAFTA deals only with trade between the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. That's why it's called the NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT.

For those who want to blame Clinton for everything including ingrown toenail, please note...
the high-tech and customer service jobs being sent overseas are NOT being sent to Canada or Mexico. Call me a geography nerd, but the last time I checked, India, Pakistan, the Phillipines, and China were not included as part of North America.

jimntx said:
Regardless of who signed/wrote/created NAFTA, NAFTA deals only with trade between the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. That's why it's called the NORTH AMERICAN FREE TRADE AGREEMENT.

For those who want to blame Clinton for everything including ingrown toenail, please note...
the high-tech and customer service jobs being sent overseas are NOT being sent to Canada or Mexico. Call me a geography nerd, but the last time I checked, India, Pakistan, the Phillipines, and China were not included as part of North America.
jmntex,
Wasn't aa who a couple weeks ago announced a hiring of @100 res agents in MEX????

DFWCC said:
jmntex,
Wasn't aa who a couple weeks ago announced a hiring of @100 res agents in MEX????
Yeah, they did. To handle reservation business in Mexico. Duh! These are new jobs. Hiring these people did not result in U.S. res agents losing their jobs. AA does a lot of business in Mexico.

People in Mexico can't always dial an 800 number and get patched into a res office in the U.S., nor do they have as ready access to Internet res websites as we do.

Hey Folks!

Check out the online version of Newsweek. There is an article that talks about companies finding out that outsourcing is not performing as was expected in reducing the bottom line for the companies that do it. Software design was a big money saver, but the software coming into this country developed in India is fraught with bugs. Companies cancelled contracts and brought the business back to our programmers. It goes on to say though that companies are rethinking their positions on outsourcing. Companies are finding that sending all this business overseas is causing real estate prices and retail prices to soar in these countries and the low wage workers cannot afford to remain in the low wage jobs. There is a 40% annual turnover rate in these countries. What goes around comes around!!!