Inflight: No further voluntary furloughs planned

This management seems bound and determined to engage in full scale war with its employees.

The only chance we have is for all employees to stick together and stand as one force. A force to be seriously reckoned with, no half-measures taken.

WE have given more than our fair share to support and "save" this company. We entered into contracts with good faith only to kicked in the teeth time and again. Our customers are as mad as we are and it's time we take our company back!

More furloughs are coming, work is being farmed out and we have no idea what that "bright and talented" management team has planned next. This affects our customers too! How long will they wait in line for check-in? To get their checked baggage, same day or whenever it turns up? How many times do we hear from customers our planes are dirty, their tray table is bent, their reading light or IFE doesn't work? How long will they have to wait to get a sip of beverage to wash down the rising gall of it all?

Sheesh. This is disgusting. Management doesn't hear us or our customers. I don't believe they even care.

Something else is afoot here. It stinks like last years running shoes.

Dea

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Didn't the company agree to an "early out program"? I understand it would have to be "cost effective". I don't understand how furloughs, displacements, rebids, VF 1, VF 2, VF 3, VF4 , VF5, VF6, VF7, etc. is cost effective. There seems to be money shifting around to pay for all these "administrative costs". And why would the company not be interested in getting all the $20.00/hr. fa's back on the property? With senior fa's making $45.00/hr., the company could have 2 fa's for the price of one. Then MidAtlantic would start with newhires and no one making more than $12.00 an hr. to start. Am I making any sense? Why doesn't the company offer an early out and then recall "cost effective replacements"???

Today's Pit Post-Gazette had a paragraph in the business section about voluntary f/a resignations in exchange for travel benefits. This would be offered to f/a with 5 or more years seniority. Would anyone actually view this as a good deal?
I would post a link if I knew how.

The "Separation Program" you are referring too is a JOKE. You can leave the company in exchange for some travel passes. Last time they offered the same thing about 5 people took it. What is needed for the senior F/A's to leave is to bridge the retirement. Age plus years of service and BINGO....MASS EXODUS.
Even the memo about this separation was snippy and snide. The "objective" as stated by in-flight was "in accordance with the contract." If they cared a rats rear it would have said to "help save jobs." But then again....they don't care.

The game is ignore the contract on the small issues - the unions can't afford to grieve each and every one. Ignore the contracts on the big issues - arbitration is time-consuming. Ignore the arbitrators - court is very time consuming and expensive. The end game will have already been played before any major issues see the inside of a courtroom. The only question left - what is the end game? Sale? IPO? Chapt 7? Stay tuned - "it's gonna be a bumpy evening."

Only a united stand has a prayer of averting this.

A side benefit to management and the politicians in their pockets is this puts maximum stress on union resources, and weakens labor's voice in the political arena.

All part of the calculus.

Latest posts