It is a great social point. In 1977, I watched nyc erupt into hell during a blackout and witnessed couches and other goods running down the street. You couldnt see the thieves under their haul.

The blackout of 2013? nothing. Just a good community feeling. The demographics is the same.

It is a great social point. In 1977, I watched nyc erupt into hell during a blackout and witnessed couches and other goods running down the street. You couldnt see the thieves under their haul.

The blackout of 2013? nothing. Just a good community feeling. The demographics is the same.
Super storm Sandy the Rockaways

I have a colleague whose parents' house had flooded. he never mentioned it in his many trips up.

The Irish Riviera. Looting! who'da thunk?

My family is in the central Bronx, the poorest congressional district in America. nothing out of the ordinary in 2013 or the 'cane.

I have a colleague whose parents' house had flooded. he never mentioned it in his many trips up.

The Irish Riviera. Looting! who'da thunk?

My family is in the central Bronx, the poorest congressional district in America. nothing out of the ordinary in 2013 or the 'cane.
Irish Riviera? The Rockaways? A little behind the times on that one aren't you? Not too many Irish outside Breezy point and Belle Harbor. And there wasn't much lawlessness in those areas like there was in the rest of Rockaway during sandy and 9/11.

havnt been there in forty years. that's what we called it. my colleague was irish so I assumed it hasnt changed.