Is 3rd Party Maintenance Unsafe?

ktflyhome said:
I posted this about Mesa several days ago and got really shot down. I believe who ever responded treated me like Martha Stewart. No matter. I don't have her money. Anyway. I have a very good friend you is the Station Manager in my home town which is run my AirMidwest (owned by Mesa) and she spesificcally told me that Mesa is the up and coming one to contend with. She Asvised me, that If I had any money to play around with,,,,,,,look to Mesa!!!!! I am not saying I know anything. (Duh) but after I talked with her there sure has been alot of HOOPLA latley about MESA generating on these boards lately. I am beginning to wonder <_< .
Not sure how long you have been around , but surely in the past 1o years you have been approached with the same speech concerning our own stock. Airline stock isnt the place to make money unless you have money to burn!

Facts not withstanding! If any one here thinks for one moment there will not be some type of take and give during these "non talks," is certainly in major denial. I see airbus work being brought "in house" but there will be a price to pay from IAM ! One way or the other as long as it can work for both sides, then go for it.

usfliboi said:
Facts not withstanding! If any one here thinks for one moment there will not be some type of take and give during these "non talks," is certainly in major denial. I see airbus work being brought "in house" but there will be a price to pay from IAM ! One way or the other as long as it can work for both sides, then go for it.
Denial, the word of the day. You don't work with these guys like I do, that said, you are the one in denial.

cavalier said:
Denial, the word of the day. You don't work with these guys like I do, that said, you are the one in denial.
I already knew where you worked , but all im saying is the company and IAM both are'nt holding hands and singing "till the storm passes over"

N628AU said:
2) Current overhauls going overtime are more often than not manpower issues. Years ago, management made the shortsighted decision to work 7 days a week intead of 5 days a week, but with the same staffing levels. This gives you less manpower per shift to get stuff done.

Years ago, management made the shortsighted decision to pay mechanics to push back airplanes.

Some of those guys could have climbed out the tugs, walked into the hanger and fixed the airplanes.

You don't get to featherbed and then claim a manpower shortage.

traderjake said:
Call it what you chose, fact is there is indeed a manpower shortage. The FAA is watching closely because of this fact.

All you corporate hinny kissers, I am sure glad you can stand on your own merit, just don't get sick, become injured, have a stroke or anything that makes you a liability, least corporate’s true feelings for you fall upon your head scalding you.

cavalier said:
traderjake said:
Call it what you chose, fact is there is indeed a manpower shortage. The FAA is watching closely because of this fact.

All you corporate hinny kissers, I am sure glad you can stand on your own merit, just don't get sick, become injured, have a stroke or anything that makes you a liability, least corporate’s true feelings for you fall upon your head scalding you.
Now Cav ill agree with you there, unfort. its our republican controlled country and the world we live in !

Latest posts