Some New Cba Thoughts

It is my opinion that there may not be any pilot at US Airways more afraid of losing his job than USA320 pilot. It must be a true hell to live in that kind of fear.

mr

mwereplanes,

Obviously, USA320Pilot is perfectly able to speak for himself, but I'll give you my thoughts anyway.

With all that is (and has) gone on in this company that affects our daily lives, it is sometimes hard to see the forest for the trees.

During the last 10 years or so there have been times that various thoughts, anxieties, and frustrations about this place have been racing around my feeble brain so fast that I couldn't sleep.

Thank goodness I didn't know about this forum then or you kind folks would have been subjected to the results.

Jim

Jim

You are obviously at peace with yourself, which is all anyone can really expect in this life and hopefully be smart enough to savor it.

I have been reading a long enough time that I feel like I know some of the posters and I know the captain is not a bad or stupid person. But I also see desperation coming into his posts. The last two concessions he was on here doing the same thing without the intensity showing this round, it's seems as though he is losing it.

With all that is happening and especially with the IAM's work being taken away as a thief in the night, having the captain coming on here giving ultimatums of do or die scenarios to the IAM members is beyond rude, stupid or tasteless, it's insanity.

That comment about Jesus in the paper is what really got me this morning. One of pilots present at the Bronner show made that comment. They were all giving applause, this is happening while they are really to sacrifice themselves, again no less. It just shows what kind of power these men of power have over the psyche of some people, and intelligence has nothing to do with it either. I guess that's why we have the Jim Jones's of this world who tell people to drink Kool-Aid and they do it with a smile.

I will always remember the pilots calling for Siegel’s resignation and then only weeks latter comparing Bronner, Siegel’s boss meaning one and the same, to Jesus! And then we have a pilot of the same group telling the IAM they had better follow suite or else.

I will go down just the way I am posting, my resolution will not falter as I tell them they can go straight to hell.

Please understand that usa320drv does not represent the pilots of USAIRWAYS. He loves the attention and large number of posts that can be generated by "pissing off" fellow employees.
Personally I feel that each employee/group know what they are worth and will decide when enough is enough in this latest round of concessions. Since I have not "walked a mile" in the mechanics shoes etc; I do not believe I have any business suggesting what they should do in this crisis. Life is full of choices and challenges and each of us know deep down what our limits are in meeting these challenges. Thanks to Boeingboy for your well rounded/thoughtful responses and posts.

UFO: I too, thank Boeingoy and most recently Tim for their sincerity and insight. I believe these are two really good individuals who are trying to see all sides and have an open mind and above all state facts ACURATELY. Tim is new to these boards as I am too, although it wouldn't show by the posts that I have posted. But I just learned about this sight the end of Nov. on a trip.

This forum has aggrevated me, made me mad, enlightned me, educated me, made me cry and made my laugh. Some on here are wonderfully hilarious.

I am not as well versed as some. I am not as informed as some. Neither am I as knowledgable as many on the inner workings of the Airling Industry, but boy am I learning and ever more am I empathetic to the various departments.

I have aquired a new found respect for Gate Agents, Customer Service Agents, Ticket Agents, Mechanics, Grounds Personnel and a host of others.

I smoke cigs. Yep I do. And I go down the aircraft stairs on turn arounds to get my cig in and I talk to many on the ground. Many have become my buddies. I love the caterers, cleaners, mechanics that come on board and the daily chit chat and jokes, and laughs we share.

They ARE MY Family away from home. They and we and I share a common goal.

We all work for a Company that we have put our heart and soul in while trying to "eke" out a living in this life we were given. My hats off to each and everyone of them. I have never looked down upon one individual who has worked for this Airline and I never will.

I came from just a little town in W.Va. with nothing on my back when I joined USAir at the time. I felt priviledged to have been welcomed aboard. I never knew the "good times" but I can say faithfully .....I know the "good ones". And that is just my point...there are so many Damn good people in this Company.

On that last statement alone....it totally makes me sick, that our Mangement can not, will not, and refuses to act upon (in good faith) and merit in an honest way.

They shoudl shake each and every one of our hands in honest, genuine sinerity for the work we have done to provide as best of an Airline, given with what we (collectively) have had to work with. :)

ktflyhome,
How is everthing in West Virginia? I travel through your wild state numerous times each year to visit family in KY, and I think you live in a beautiful place. The drive is peaceful and void of heavy traffic, but watch out for those speed traps west of Charleston-HAHAAHA.
Back to topic, you are so correct in your comments about fellow employees. I have often found the truth in our problems is readily available to those willing to talk one on one with the employees working the ramp, gates etc;
Best of luck to all of us.

BoeingBoy said:
I'm sure the presentation sounded good - just like the POR when it was presented to the BK court.
Bingo.

This management team had the perfect chance (Chapter 11) and blew it, anyway. What makes anyone think they will get it right this time?

pitguy said:
UFO,

Thanks for your kind note regarding the Mechanics. I can assure you it is very much appreciated.
PitGuy,

I am simply stating what I believe. During your strike back about 1992(?) my wife and I drove over to the hangar road in Pit to deliver coffee/donuts to the mechanics on the picket line. One of our dear friends was out there on that cold day, and while we were not members of your union this was/is one big family trying to survive.
Best of luck to all of us.

UFO;

There is nothing I have stated today that's not reality. With all due respect, it's time to wake up and look around the industry.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
UFO;

There is nothing I have stated today that's not reality. With all due respect, it's time to wake up and look around the industry.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
USA320PILOt
With all due respect Mr. I don't need your suggestions. I am well aware of the current events in the airline industry and do not feel the need to "frighten others" into following your mantra. You have posted some very worthwhile info. in the past, but your latest post suggesting that the mechanics should consider becoming auto mechanics was quite frankly pathetic. I suggest that you stop giving the pilots a "black eye" with such drivel!

USA320Pilot said:
What makes you believe that you are the expert on what is good for everyone else and how they should proceed with their collective futures? It is unfortunate that you have not learned that browbeating will never accomplish anything positive. Finally, good luck in your new endeavor.

USA320Pilot said:
UFO;

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Don't treat everybody on here like two-year-olds! I think we all know the state of the industry. Quite frankly, your know-it-all attitude sucks and is beginning to wear thin with pretty much everyone on here. Have you ever heard the saying "Less Is More"? In a nutshell, you aren't helping.

Respectfully,
A fellow crewmember