Is This Picture Real?

SolidCactus

Senior
Contributor
Feb 21, 2008
AVP/PBI
www.solidcactus.com
Someone sent me this picture and told me that this is really how planes land in St. Maarten? Is this really a US Airways plane landing here? or is this some Photoshop joke...

Maho_Beach.jpg

Someone sent me this picture and told me that this is really how planes land in St. Maarten? Is this really a US Airways plane landing here? or is this some Photoshop joke...

I stayed at that resort just behind the picture. And yes, this picture is legit. I took a few pictures like that myself. Stay at the Maho Beach resort in St. Maarten and you can watch this from your balcony.

go to Youtube and type in st martin landings . there is one taken from inside a klm 747 pretty neat

That pic is real for sure as ive been there myself. Most likely it was taken from near the Sunset Beach Bar and Grill. The actually post arrival times as its a tourist spot and people come for the airplanes. Better yet.....you can see the proximity of the runway to the beach.....when its departure time...the idiots line the beach and hang onto the fence as Air France and KLM 747's go to full thrust for takeoff.

try sunsetbeachbarandgrill.com they also have scanners in the outdoor establishment. As others stated there are plenty of pics and video on youtube.com

when its departure time...the idiots line the beach and hang onto the fence as Air France and KLM 747's go to full thrust for takeoff.

:up: Guilty as charged. Only when I was there at the end of Feb. it was Corsair's 400 and AF's 340, but still just as fun as it was stupid. :up:

Man....I went there with the family a few years back and never knew this....makes me want to go again just to see this....cool....

hey gf,
hoping you kept the family on the dutch side.

the french side (orient beach) is very revealing if you know what I mean :D :D

I personally like the french side but I only go down there with the mrs . kiddies go to grandmas