New Uniforms Pictures

Personally, I'm fine with the uniform, however since the majority of US have to deal with the sometimes brutal cold of the Northeast, a WARM winter coat is necessary. If the company cannot provide that I will revert back to wearing my navy wool uniform coat which looks very professional and is WARM. Now, I'm just about sick of some of these losers telling everyone to find a different job if you don't like it. That is the disconnect here, as this is not some fly by night job for most, this is their career and demand that it be treated as such. It really shows the lack of any kind of longevity when people use this particular cop out.
I totally agree with your assessment. What amazes me is the poor job Twin Hill is doing in filling the orders! I find it highly unlikely that a March launch is even possible. I personally am missing 50% of my order and I am a size 4. A male friend of mine told me his pants were on back order with a ship date of 5/30/08..........how can this be??? (And before anyone makes the statement of "Well what in the hell size does he wear, he's a size 36 and has a nice body). I'll bet Marketing and Inflt are totally out of the loop with this information and Twin Hill is placing their own spin on the situation. Whomever is responsible for this Uniform project needs to get on the ball and put a fire under Twin Hill's arsce........then again, there are plenty of people in Tempe that could use a blow torch under theirs as well :lol: (I couldn't refrain, it was TOO easy!)

I haven't received 1 single piece. I wear a 34 waist which pretty much a common size as well so maybe they are back ordered on them. What makes me nervous is the fact that it says that if we have to exchange anything it has to be sent back by Feb. 8th. Um, how can I even know what needs to be exchanged when I haven't even seen it.

Is he single?
:lol: Unfortunately NO..........otherwise I may have been tempted. Oops, silly me I'm married....I don't think The Husband would be so forgiving of such a trist even though I'll bet it would be FUN,FUN,FUN! (AH........the days of being a sl*t........I'm getting too old to be thinking like that! :rolleyes: ) Now as for the uniforms- what IS going on??

Astro there is nothing wrong with the uniform orders. It is your imagination along with everyone else's. Stop trying to pick at poor Twin Hill and Usairways. kidding of course sweets. ;) Someone better call Kathy lee and get her to crack the whip over in the sweat shop. :lol:

I think all mass order uniform companies are slow. I remember that it took anywhere from 2 to 5 months when CINTAS was running the USAirways uniform show.... at my new carrier we use Cintas, but for some reason we get our stuff in *2* weeks.

go figure.

Maybe its just a USAir thing?!?!
Maybe it’s selecting a vendor solely based on coming in with the lowest cost.

Still on uniform subject, but different twist.

I just went to The Men's Wearhouse for my alteration fitting, and to take advantage of my $25 gift certificate.

Now you remember that we've been told, by both the company and the union, that the certificate could be used for alterations, and were given instrutions to seek out a manager so that they could help with the gift certificate.

Well, It seems as if Men's Wearhouse employees just got a memo, telling them NOT to accept the certificate for alterations, it's for merchandise ONLY! I KNOW!

So I spent $120 to hem 4 pants and shorten the sleeves of 6 shirts (it was a sizing thing). The Men's Wearhouse people showed me the memo, and told me that all the employees at Usairways must have been under the same impression, because we ALL said the same thing.

ANYWAY, I called the Company and talked to admin.,and emailed the uniform chairs, and they are going to follow up with the company as well.

All to say, you might want to double check with TMW before you have a tailor put chalk marks everywhere, and pay in advance for your alterations.

Good Luck!
CU n The SKY

Lodoboy, correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't you just submit the $120 via an expense form? I was under the impression that on the East at least, the company pays for hemming etc. Is this wrong?

With regard to the winter coat or lack thereof, please email MF. I don't want to mess around with this.

Do these people never leave the desert? Is it really outside their intellectual capacity to log onto the weather channel and look at the snow?

All right Tempe.

Let's work a bit here. Pay attention.

I'll help. Find a decent size restaurant, one with a walk in freezer. That's what cold feels like. Now, walk into said freezer with the "new non winter coat" and sit down a while. This will avail you to knowledge on several different fronts.

First, it also happens to approximate the 767 galley over the Atlantic. (the 767 is one of the planes with 2 aisles! Goes to a continent called Europe and sometimes the Caribbean. I know you know where that is!)

There's a place called Boston. It's in the US. Tippy top right side. (where the mean Easties are from). Believe it or not, it has a different temperature than Phoenix. I know, Phoenix is the center of the universe, but try again. It takes time, but you can do it. Think about your time in the freezer, but now add two feet of snow. Snow looks like the ice on the inside of a freezer. It's cold and wet. Soaks right through a polyester coat. Leads to frozen employees. Kind of like a popsicle. You know what they are right?

The thing is, frozen employees don't work as hard, all of that ice you know. Worse, they use that nasty sick time, and they cough on your customers (those are the people that ride on the airplane. They have coats too, but you didn't know about them either).

Some of us wear the uniform just the way you give it. We don't care, we tailor it and wear it. However, it does take a bit of thinking when your internal organs shut down from hypothermia.

Authorize the East wool coat. It's paid for and it's decent. Try not to muck this one up.

I just went to The Men's Wearhouse for my alteration fitting, and to take advantage of my $25 gift certificate.

Now you remember that we've been told, by both the company and the union, that the certificate could be used for alterations, and were given instrutions to seek out a manager so that they could help with the gift certificate.

Well, It seems as if Men's Wearhouse employees just got a memo, telling them NOT to accept the certificate for alterations, it's for merchandise ONLY! I KNOW!

We have a memo taped to the time clock regarding agent uniforms. One of the highlights states that the "issue" with the Mens Wearhouse has been corrected, sorry for any problems. The date was 1/29. Did your issue happen before this and they maybe got it corrected or are they still having problems?

If you think for one red hot second that Debbie Downer is going to freeze her hoonie off because Tempe has not approved a warmer coat your sadly mistaken. You will be sending my @$$ home baby cause I won't be wearing that lightweight coat. It is NOT suitable to wear in the Northeast. I won't be waiting for some bean counter using an abacus in some corner office in Tempe to tell me it's OK. Screw you. :rolleyes:

Lodoboy, correct me if I am wrong but shouldn't you just submit the $120 via an expense form? I was under the impression that on the East at least, the company pays for hemming etc. Is this wrong?

Yes, You are correct. My issue is that, we were given, and told to use, a $25 gift certificate by Twinhill redeemable at The Men's Wearhouse. There were memos advising us that MW would honor this certificate for alterations, and how to go about using it. MW says they will NOT honor the certificate, and that they have a memo advising them of such.

All alterations, above and beyond the $25 GC, were to be submitted via an expense form, and the company said they would honor the submission based on what they deemed reasonable case by case.

So you are right, and there is a list on the Hub of alterations that the company says are reasonable.

Cu N TheSky

We have a memo taped to the time clock regarding agent uniforms. One of the highlights states that the "issue" with the Mens Wearhouse has been corrected, sorry for any problems. The date was 1/29. Did your issue happen before this and they maybe got it corrected or are they still having problems?

This all happened today, 02/04/2008. Thay said they had seen a lot of USAirways employees who all said the same thing, but that we were all wrong.

I saw their memo saying that it was redeemable for merchandise only. I didn't take note of the date though.

Cu N TheSky

Lodoboy

Back