Is Us Air Implementing The “transformation Plan?

Just one more point...

For all those naysayers who never post anything positive, management's actions in Philadelphia, where Southwest Airlines is now competing head-to-head with US Airways for business, the Arlington-based airline had an 85.2 percent load factor in June. Furthermore, the carrier's $34 million second-quarter profit beat out every US Airways competitor except Southwest.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot,
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it. Most of the information is stuff we are aware of but many need to have this information brought to there attention. Thanks again for an informative post!
Trust me....the FLL rumor will become reality shortly!

USA320Pilot said:
I understand management has looked at used B767-200s that can be obtained on the cheap, which could be used for more transatlantic life. Moreover, Bruce Lakefield told ALPA in a recent open meeting that he was meeting with Airbus officials about the company obtaining new aircraft, with delivery's scheduled as early as 2005.
Respectfully,
USA320Pilot
And on the conference call on the 27th, he also said that US has NO plans on adding any widebody lift.

US Airways will re-distribute widebody flying, keep current CLT transatlantic flights, and add new European service from Philadelphia.

In addition, the company is holding discussions to add more widebody aircraft to the fleet; as well as talking to engine manufacturers.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways will re-distribute widebody flying, keep current CLT transatlantic flights, and add new European service from Philadelphia.

In addition, the company is holding discussions to add more widebody aircraft t the fleet; as well as talking to engine manufactures.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
So I guess either you or Lakefield is lying.

I repeat on the July 27th call he clearly stated US Airways IS NOT going to add any Widebody Aircraft in the near future.

So which is it?

Additional aircraft deliveries will be added when the company has a competitive cost structure and market conditions dictate expansion.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

You still did not anwer the question!

Lakefield said NO widebody to be added.

So I guess your silence showed the board who is not telling the truth.

Who the heck do you think is gonna provide U with aqdditional aircraft when they are in the process of stiffing employees and creditors again?

well it seems that the transformation plan can go forward with out employee paycuts again. all of this could have been doen without mgmt crying "WE NEED MORE MONEY OUT OF YOUR POCKETS!""! with all this happening what are the chances the expressed mainline cities will ever go back to mainline or go down the tubes to become express cities?

US Airways currently has new aircraft financing for CRJs and EMBs. With a competitive cost structure, whether it's obtained in the near future or through a "judical restructuring", then the company can obtain aircraft financing.

The key phrase in all of these posts is a "competitve cost strucutre". With it...the company will have access to capital...without it they will not.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Just one more point...

For all those naysayers who never post anything positive, management's actions in Philadelphia, where Southwest Airlines is now competing head-to-head with US Airways for business, the Arlington-based airline had an 85.2 percent load factor in June. Furthermore, the carrier's $34 million second-quarter profit beat out every US Airways competitor except Southwest.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Riddle me this, Batman:

If your company is making money

And carrying boatloads of paying passengers.

Why in the world are you trying to eviscerate the employees' pay and benefits?

Can't have it both ways.

Management will look real silly if they prance into BK court demanding relief from those onerous contracts and agreements they are having to pay...if they cannot demonstrate they are losing money hand over fist in the process of paying them.

I don't doubt there are serious and long term systemic problems in the way U is put together.

However, demanding that the employees crap more concessions in an era when the firm is profitable and business is booming seems pretty tacky to me.

US Airways currently has new aircraft financing for CRJs and EMBs. With a competitive cost structure, whether it's obtained in the near future or through a "judical restructuring", then the company can obtain aircraft financing.

Is this what you are saying?

Arnold and Porter Attorney: Your Honor (who makes less money then me), my client, US Airways, wants you to grant it relief from the contracts it signed with it's employees representative unions so that it can survive this financially awful time.

Judge: Counsellor (who I am looking down upon), didn't your client just come out of Chapter 11 within the last two years and what does the debtor propose to do with any savings from the relief I would provide regarding the 1113/1114 issues?

Arnold and Porter Attorney: Your Honor (Please stop looking at my toupee that costs what you get paid in three months), my client did recently leave a successful Chapter 11 proceeding. Unfortunately, circumstances beyond my clients' control has caused it to revisit Chapter 11. To answer your question, if the Court sees fit to grant the requested relief, my client wants to stablize it's finances and buy some additional aircraft so it can grow.

Judge: Counsellor (Were you missing the day they taught law in law school?), you want me to abrogate the contracts so the debtor can buy more airplanes? Relief denied.

After ranting and raving about the unproductive trips US flys---ALPA dude told me "if we were productive we'd have to furlough 300 to 500 pilots- then we would be productive"----geeeez we cant get out of our own way to make money---some contracts we unions have----kill the company so's we don't furlough anybody !

Other way around! Skadden Arps did the first BK. Arnold and Porter will do the next one assuming there is one.

Other possible suggestions for law firms to use.....

Once upon a time, Montgomery Wards had a deal where there was a lawyer at their store....the legal firm of Jacoby & Meyers. USAirways could retain them and pay for it on their Monkey Wards charge card.

Don't know where you live but here in El Paso every once in a while I see automobiles with a sign advertising "Prepaid Legal Services." Something to think about.

Management might be able to trade pass privileges with a 2nd year law student someplace.

In my home town in Texas there used to be a law firm by the name of "The Legal Clinic of Young & White." I don't think they specialized in discrimination law, so if they are still in business....they might be able to handle a BK.

I think Raymond Burr is deceased, so Perry Mason is out. Still, it might be worth a try to call Susan Dey. She was much better on La Law than she was on the Partridge Family.

Latest posts