I Have An Idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
I have an idea.

Instead of bantering back and forth about the company and the industry, let’s all put our heads in the sand. Then let’s have a slow down or take job actions in protest to management’s plan to transform the airline the a LCC/hybrid carrier with a competitive cost structure.

Screw the fact that the LCC’s price their product and make money, which cause US Airways to lose money. Furthermore, Internet pricing is nonsense and nobody is going to buy a product at a lower price because that will not permit labor to keep its current pay and benefits. Moreover, I do not care about fuel prices because it’s over blown anyway.

I say no concessions and the ALPA “hardliners†should not have offered another 12.5% paycut. No other union is participating in “Transformation Plan†discussions so let’s burn the place to the ground now.

Let’s have thousands of employees get laid off in the hubs and compete for jobs. We can then see if those who believe they are so marketable in today’s economy can get a job or lose their home. Furthermore, when somebody gets sick or ill, especially for an older work force, they will not have medical insurance that pays 80% of their bills, thus they can suffer more pain.

28,000 people, the “wholly owned†employees, and some of the affiliate carriers will see job loss and then these people can get unemployment and food stamps. Awesome, let’s apply now!!!!

Screw this place and the “naysayers†are right. Let’s force management to shut the doors.

The “concession stand is closed†and let’s burn the airline down to the ground.

Let’s have another Eastern Air Lines today!!!!!!!! Burn it down now!!!!!!!

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Once again you have no idea or clue.

For the IAM Mechanic and Related, they want to eliminate heavy maintenance, stores and utility.

They want to go down to 800 mechanics and we have around 3,000 or so maybe more.

Why don't you Mr go to every single of the 900 plus utility, 2,200 plus mechanics and the 300+ stock clerks homes and tell them and their families that they have to lose their jobs to save yours.

Maybe when you look in the eyes of people that are barely making ends meet you will understand what you badger honest working people who have had enough of concessions, enough of management that lies, cheats and steals from its own employees and decided to declare war on its own employees instead of the competition.

You have been proven wrong and posting blantant false information time after time after time, just like your OP-ED piece in the Charlotte Observer that YOUR OWN UNION had to put out a press release denying anything to do with you and your article, pretty bad if I must say so.

So why don't you go back to the ALPA boards and try to scare, threaten and intimidate your own union members and leave the other unions and their members to decide what course they will take as it is their lives and not yours.

And why are you still here?

When Dave terminated your pension, you said shut the place down, burn it down, you are quitting and taking a foriegn flying job, you are still here!

No guts huh? Too scared to back up your own words?

Let’s shut it down now!!!!!!!!!!

We can get back at management and Bronner. They would lsoe their pay, stock options, and equity.

Furthermore, people like usairwaysvoteno, 700UW, Phoenix, nycbusdriver, and Cav would no longer have to post in this forum how they are being screwed.

It does not matter what JetBlue, AirTran, Southwest, and Independence charge for flights.

Shut it down now, shut it down now, burn the place to the ground. The concession stand is closed. How could those hardline ALPA negotiators give the company 12.5% more in pay cuts. Enough is enough.

LCCs, RJs, Internet booking, higher fuel prices, higher war risk insurance premiums, and increased security costs are all baloney. Management is the problem and I say no more concessions. Burn it to the ground now!!!!

Let’s put over 30,000 people on the street today with no severance pay, no medical benefits, no cobra, no pass privileges to help in a job search, no J4J opportunity – if desired, and no recall rights.

Let’s put everybody out of their misery so other carriers can get US Airways’ passengers to them survive.

Burn it down to the ground because the concession stand is closed. It does not matter that management has offered to negotiate with every union, including the IAM over the outsourcing issue, burn it down to the ground!!!!!!

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Once again you fail to address anyone except your own selfish concerns, I think it is time to call the Chief Pilot, I believe you are a danger to the flying passengers and have finally lost it.

God forbid you could use real information and facts.

Sometimes people will reach out for attention in any way that they can. Good, bad, ugly or downright hateful attention is better than no attention at all. My goodness, someone needs to up their medication and, at a minimum, at least a twice daily dosage of intensive therapy; yet that didn't seem to help Woody Allen, did it? :shock:

As 700UW says "The concession stand is closed. I do not work for US Airways."

Burn it down to the ground and let's create another Eastern Air Lines...today!!!!!

Close the doors on this airline -- now!!!!!!!!

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

as an outsider, I have to say I'm apalled at the studity of US management to think they can outsource so many jobs and ask the remainder to take major cuts, all the while expecting the employees to help rebuild the company. Never in the history of aviation (I can't speak for every industry but I kinda doubt it) have the labor-mgmt relations been so poor and then the company was turned around.

I like to be optimistic but I'm afraid US mgmt has made too made mistakes to save USAirways and they have totally lost the support of all but a few desperate pilots.

I wish you well as you plan the next phase of your life but you should have seen it coming for at least a decade now.

Finally, he has come out of the closet!

(Well on second thought, I think he has taken to heart the principle of "Try to make your oponent look like a fanatic..." Uggg. I feel so betrayed.)

USA320Pilot said:

Burn it down to the ground and let's create another Eastern Air Lines...today!!!!!

Close the doors on this airline -- now!!!!!!!!

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
If you were smart enough to know what happened at Eastern Airlines, you would know it was Frank Lorenzo who destroyed that airline and President Bush would not step in and straigthen the mess out.

Lets see the IAM, ALPA, TWU and AFA all struck Eastern Airlines, not just the IAM.

You need to read book about EAL to enlighten yourself what really happened there.

Funny how the DOJ and the DOT has banned Lorenzo from the industry.

So try again, do I need to go back and repost how you told the whole board that you hated Dave, you said shut the place down, you are gonna take a foriegn flying job?

You are still here so I guess you dont have the gonads to match your words.

Now go back to the corner and be scared again.

Let me make it simple...the fundamentals of the industry has not changed.

LCCs, RJs contracts, 911, security costs, alternate ground trasnportation, fuel prices, and internet booking is not the problem. It's management and those CCY lairs.

Then we can have over 30,000 people file unemeployment claims and have no medical insurance for their family. Have you looked up the address for your nearest Social Security Adminstration office to get your food stamp application yet?

As 700UW says, "The concession stand is closed. I do not work for US Airways."

Burn it down to the ground and let this pig die!!!!!!!!!!

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Status
Not open for further replies.