IT suggestion #29357

PHL

Veteran
Aug 20, 2002
When you make an online reservation on usairways.com, you can specify the FF# to use (US, UA, LH, etc.) to receive credit. I would like to recommend the geniuses in Tempe IT make some allowances to let me change my FF# to a reservation that already exists, made by my corporate travel agent (BTI). Since BTI has my US #, they default that into the reservation when I make it. I don't even know if it would transfer over correctly if I told them to enter a UA number. But that shouldn't really be their problem anyway.

I would also like to log into my account and ADD a record locator/itinerary to my account so it's there for all future logins. As of now, I have to manually enter the record locator each time I want to look it up to check seats, check in, etc.

I should comment that I am able to do ALL of those things when I fly AA, UA and NW trips (also booked through BTI). Luckily, my US trips are far and few enough between that I haven't been overly irked by this, until today when I had to call a SECOND time to have my UA number re-entered into the record locater because the first time I asked to have it done, the last 2 digits were transposed(fat fingered). That was a total of two on-hold sessions of about 10 minutes each.

In the larger scheme, not a big deal. But it just speaks volumes about how far behind the web site development really is. Perhaps the new one (when is that being unveiled, exactly??) will have these improvements......

Just a suggestion, remove your US # for your BTI profile. When our corporate travel agents book trips, the system automatically pulls the FF # of the operating carrier if one exists. If one does not exist, it looks for a partner FF #. I removed my UA FF # eons ago as I had this same problem with UA not letting me change to a US FF #.

In fact, I only have my AA, NW and US FF #s loaded. If I book DL, CO, AS or NW, the agents pulll my NW FF #. If I book US or UA, the agents pull my US FF #. This has saved me a lot of hassles.

You are permitted to change your FF number to any of US's partner only if travel has not begun. So even if you agency puts in the wrong number you can change it at the ticket counter before you begin your trip.

You are permitted to change your FF number to any of US's partner only if travel has not begun. So even if you agency puts in the wrong number you can change it at the ticket counter before you begin your trip.
I can change the FF# at the ticket counter as easily as I can do it on the phone, which is to say both are years behind the 8 ball in terms of available customer conveniences.

I must be one of those 2 passengers per day who actually need to interact with an agent at the airport. If I print my ticket at home or at a kiosk and carry on my luggage, when would a good time be for me to bother an agent to change my FF#? What about during a busy period when there's a long line?

Oh, that's right. I can go to the gate counter and muck up the works where the agents are hurried with other real passenger issues.

I can change the FF# at the ticket counter as easily as I can do it on the phone, which is to say both are years behind the 8 ball in terms of available customer conveniences.

I must be one of those 2 passengers per day who actually need to interact with an agent at the airport. If I print my ticket at home or at a kiosk and carry on my luggage, when would a good time be for me to bother an agent to change my FF#? What about during a busy period when there's a long line?

Oh, that's right. I can go to the gate counter and muck up the works where the agents are hurried with other real passenger issues.

The day can't come soon enough when we won't have to interact with anyone...We swipe a card to go thru the boarding gate and eliminate gate agents. We should also start a volunteer FA program. Passengers who get certified for FA duties can fly for free - then man each flight with volunteer flight attendants...

Maybe its IT not doing what it should do or maybe theres a reason for it. SOME, not all preferred will use their DM account status to get the upgrade and than try to change the account to OAL account to have their miles credited. Not sure whether this is the situation or not but its a possibility. Yes, when I worked for US this did happen. Mama

Maybe its IT not doing what it should do or maybe theres a reason for it. SOME, not all preferred will use their DM account status to get the upgrade and than try to change the account to OAL account to have their miles credited. Not sure whether this is the situation or not but its a possibility. Yes, when I worked for US this did happen. Mama

They should be able to program it so that once a Preferred upgrade clears, the member can no longer change the FF number. Or better yet.....program in an alert stating that changing the FF # will result in losing the upgrade. "Are you sure you want to make the change?" If the answer is "yes," a seat map should pop up to trigger the member to select a new seat in Y.

In the larger scheme, not a big deal. But it just speaks volumes about how far behind the web site development really is. Perhaps the new one (when is that being unveiled, exactly??) will have these improvements......

I've heard that the test web site is supposed to roll out in September, and the actual web site is supposed to come out in November or February depending on how the test site does.

I've heard that the test web site is supposed to roll out in September, and the actual web site is supposed to come out in November or February depending on how the test site does.

I'm sure US Airways is trying everything in their power to determine a way to blame their IT woes on the rising cost of fuel.

How about charging for the use of the web site? Oh, yeah, they already do that!

Latest posts