Its Been A Blast

jetmech01890

Advanced
Aug 6, 2003
at a airpoprt near you
just wanted to say thank for the memories been called up to go fight for oil again
did the same in 91 and 13 yrs later a 43yr old man got to back to a combat unit again gone by dec 6 good luck to all 700uw sorry man but it was nice to fire you up at times hopefully in one yr Iwill be back unless the army kicks me to the curb

god bless america

Thank you for your service. You are the reason we enjoy what we have in America.

It's not about oil - although I can easily see why you and either people believe it is. It's about freedom - something the middle east knows precious little about. I get very uncomfortable thinking that it is our job to instill freedom for the Iraqis, as do alot of people in the US, let alone the world. However, America's history is one of rallying besides those who wanted freedom but could not obtain it. I also have a problem with the all the money we spend on oil going to a handful of families while most of the people in the middle east don't benefit at all. I have a problem with women being told they are worth nothing and are forced to hide their identity except in their own home.

You are there to deliver the message of freedom. Admittedly, we as Americans still have much to learn but we also are the greatest bastion of freedom in the history of humanity. The middle east is uncharted terrritory in many respects.

Thank you for your service. I trust we will be able to present you with a stable industry and job when you return.

I know we have not seen eye to eye, but stay safe and come back in one piece.

It is not about freedom it was a personal vendetta between Bush and Saddam since Saddam tried to kill Bush 1, if it is about freedom would we be attacking China, North Korea, Cuba and every other oppressive regime.

Dude,

While not agreeing with the political views on the reasons of oil being the soul motivation...or the issues of an agenda as some like to call it. I admire anyone of any age whom owns up to their obligation to their country as a strong member of the Guard and Reserves.

I only wish things were different in the economy and certainly the far reaching issues and concerns with national security..and world peace , but as it was said to me in a previous conflict , here is where we find ourselves...and what we do with it as an individual and as a group will define our lasting legacy.

I can only offer you my un-wavering support as a fellow veteran...and I will include my prayers for the safe-keeping and well-being of you ,your comrades in arms..and lastly the combined families of those whom are cast into harms way.

Lastly...I wish in some respects I was going with you...at least I'd be fighting something that I know can ultimately be defeated and hopefully make an everlasting difference for those whom will follow. Such is the burden of the American Soldier.

God Speed...and Keep the M-16A2 at the ready..and the powder dry.

WorldTraveler said:
It's about freedom - something the middle east knows precious little about.
[post="198570"][/post]​

oh really? Then why aren't we in Africa fighting for women who get castrated?

Because it wouldn't make any corporations rich.

jetmech01890 said:
just wanted to say thank for the memories been called up to go fight for oil again
did the same in 91 and 13 yrs later a 43yr old man got to back to a combat unit again gone by dec 6 good luck to all 700uw sorry man but it was nice to fire you up at times hopefully in one yr Iwill be back unless the army kicks me to the curb
god bless america
[post="198566"][/post]​
I wish there was a smiley for a good snappy salute. But you're getting one anyway. Good luck jetmech.

jetmech01890 said:
god bless america
[post="198566"][/post]​

God bless you and protect you and all others in the service of America and her allies.

be safe. here's wishing for the elimination or capture of osama and al-Zarqawi very,very soon
so that you and all the other good guys and gals can return home to your families safe , without harm.

God bless America

Heinrich,
While I agree that there are many more opportunities where the US could go in and straighten things out, including in Africa, it is simply not accurate to say that the US has not done its part there or in other parts of the world. Remember that Africa has its natural resources as well. It would be said that we are after their jewels if we involved ourselves in some of the African crises.
There will come a day when it will all be set right and it won't be the US that does it. I look forward to that day.

You never know when and where I'll show up.

Just for the record I don't think it's about oil....although when Clinton was lobbing cruise missiles over my head to sort of change the "topic du jour" from Monica to Iraq's WMDs I wasn't quite sure what I was doing in Kuwait. But I digress.

If you see an ugly guy in sand colored DCUs with a Rapid Rewards card, that's probably me.

Best of luck. In many respects the Iraq-Kuwait area reminds me a lot of Midland/Odessa.

Jetmech

Thank you for being willing to serve. May god bless you and keep you safe and grant your family peace and comfort in your absence.

My heart goes out to you and your loved ones.

Greg

jetmech01890 said:
god bless america
[post="198566"][/post]​

Be careful and stay safe.

jetmech01890 said:
god bless america
[post="198566"][/post]​

View attachment 2126

Take Care and watch your back!!!

View attachment 2127
UAL_TECH

WorldTraveler said:
Thank you for your service. You are the reason we enjoy what we have in America.

It's not about oil -
[post="198570"][/post]​

Will you be there too then? Or your kids?

Thank you jetmech, and best of luck.

Back