It''s official: CWA signed on to a Tentative agreement

sabre

Advanced
Aug 20, 2002
as just reported by CBS Marketwatch.
I told you guys my info was solid [see my posts].
I also heard that the highlight sheet will not be released until after the ramp vote is concluded because the IAM/company fear it would have implications on the ramp and mechanic voting.
1. But here is bits and pieces of what I can tell:
20.50 wage
2. kept vacation weeks but tweeked the hours of each day to 6 hrs.
3. no retirement cuts other than 401k matching gone. This would really cause a ruckus with the ramp vote, so I can''t blame the company if it doesn''t want this out.

4. same health care as other employees.
5. Something happened to the mandatory overtime clause, whatever that was.
6. CWA told the company to keep the money the company wanted to pay the CWA attorneys with.
I think all of this is pretty accurate but full details should be released by Thursday.
Given the situation when compared to what the IAM got, the CWA did a fine job!

Jennifer Waters, CBS marketwatch. 5:25pm August 26th under "UAL and US AIRWAys lead pack of gainers."

It's a long link for me to write but all you have to do is go to yahoo's airline news and look at the time frame I told you. Or you can click the link on an opening thread posted below with CBS marketwatch in the title.

Things are getting interesting.

----------------
On 8/27/2002 12:19:30 PM

For most of us at Reservations at least, we don't need to see the details of the TA. Most will vote no regardless. They are going to kill our jobs and require people to book online, never change a ticket, and complaints won't be heard. Why support a company committing suicide, sorry I'm not a facilitator. As far as the airport goes, their jobs will be reduced to being boarding pass collection agents, and cashiers only. Do you think they'll vote to get rid of their own jobs? We're not talking about just a small percentage of layoffs here, we're talking the majority of the agents now. And those that will remain will have the hardest job they can't even imagine, every passenger a potential irate that will jump across the counter to break your neck! No way Dave!

CWA may have just done this TA because it wants to delay the inevitable court ordered contract elimination. It'll take weeks longer to get a vote done. Certainly past the 10th. That is probably also why they refused the company's payment for our negotiations. They know the TA will not be well received by the membership and will probably be back at the table or in court to deal with it. After all that, whatever happens CWA should make the company pay for all the negotions costs. They'll certainly go up with the additional work they will have to do with a no vote. CWA is doing everything to negotiate, everything to show we are negotiating in good faith, and the company so far has shown nothing but contempt for it's own employees. I await the details of this TA before I spit in the face of this company. But, I doubt that the company caved in after all their threats and talk and recent actions.

I am very curious to learn whether CWA knew about these changes in policies in advance. How did that play into this TA?
----------------
Ever time you post I have this record in my head going "BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLHA" You never have anything important to say...... Ms. Doom and Gloom.

I believe your source was a misprint! I think it was intended to say cwa has not reached! An article containing the details you mentioned in the above is no where to be found factually ! Please direct me to the factual post ! Thanks

For most of us at Reservations at least, we don't need to see the details of the TA. Most will vote no regardless. They are going to kill our jobs and require people to book online, never change a ticket, and complaints won't be heard. Why support a company committing suicide, sorry I'm not a facilitator. As far as the airport goes, their jobs will be reduced to being boarding pass collection agents, and cashiers only. Do you think they'll vote to get rid of their own jobs? We're not talking about just a small percentage of layoffs here, we're talking the majority of the agents now. And those that will remain will have the hardest job they can't even imagine, every passenger a potential irate that will jump across the counter to break your neck! No way Dave!

CWA may have just done this TA because it wants to delay the inevitable court ordered contract elimination. It'll take weeks longer to get a vote done. Certainly past the 10th. That is probably also why they refused the company's payment for our negotiations. They know the TA will not be well received by the membership and will probably be back at the table or in court to deal with it. After all that, whatever happens CWA should make the company pay for all the negotions costs. They'll certainly go up with the additional work they will have to do with a no vote. CWA is doing everything to negotiate, everything to show we are negotiating in good faith, and the company so far has shown nothing but contempt for it's own employees. I await the details of this TA before I spit in the face of this company. But, I doubt that the company caved in after all their threats and talk and recent actions.

I am very curious to learn whether CWA knew about these changes in policies in advance. How did that play into this TA?

i must be missing something ! That article must be a misprint It prob was to read not reached an agreement. No where is there something saying that cwa and comp have reached an agreement or any facts per it. ( other than those 6 words at the end of that article)

I can only hope that it is true, and no, why should a TA rate instant posting on the CWA website? They have been lax in reporting anything else back to the rank and file throughout all the negotiations. Plus, I beg to differ that a yes vote is a vote to eliminate our jobs. Do you really think that a NO vote is going to keep your job? What planet are you from??

OK, now we have "Oliver twist" editing an article from CBS marketwatch. BTW, if you were on the line, you would have heard this a couple days ago because workers in PIT, CLT, PHL have heard of this [including myself] on Sunday.