It's over - LCC withdraws its offer to buy DL

I repeat that paybacks are no fun. If you think DL won't be gunning at US now, you are in for a rude awakening.

We know that this merger is not happening, but let me ask a question. When seniority became an issue with the workgroups and knowing that Delta was a nonunion workforce did you wish your contract concerning seniority was different? When merging a union group with nonunion did you feel DOH was fair considering it was your union dues and your contract that gave the other companies employees possibly higher seniority? Im not talking about a staple job but do you think there is a better way to protect dues paying union members? As a former Hp employee knowing seniority for boarding will prevail the Delta merger would only have made things worse for us. /quote]
------------------------
NO. No wavering on DOH.

So Delta wants to take over US? Is that what you are referring? Maybe, lower fares in competing markets so DL can lose more money??? I think Delta should figure out how to stay in business or is red ink a good thing? Just because US is not going to takeover Delta does not mean DP has gone into a hole to lick his wounds. If DL wants paybacks maybe Doug does too and maybe he'll show you why it would have been a good thing! Maybe a profitable company can start the paybacks while Delta figures out how to become profitable. Grow up. This is strictly business and there was nothing personal intended. Paybacks? I think you've been watching too much Sopranos! Go read a book! Mama

Thank goodness...

But I'll be surprised if some of the unsecured creditors don't raise some legal hell because of Delta management's refusal to take the offer seriously.

A320 driver B)

Unlikely. The official unsecured creditors committee had the power to do something. They rejected US's plan.
The ad hoc committee never had any real power and yet they were the most vocal and had the most to lose.

Thank goodness! IMO, it's good news for US...and for CLT. Although, I agree with others who've posted on here that DP probably has something else up his sleeve, although I wish he'd just concentrate on running US well and making it better.

I repeat that paybacks are no fun. If you think DL won't be gunning at US now, you are in for a rude awakening.

You're a real ray of sunshine aren't you World Traveler. :blink:

That being said, you do realize Delta has a lot (aka sh*tload) of work to do? You're still bankrupt and I am sure this fiasco with US Airways has set the process back by months. Meanwhile, US Airways will keep making profits getting the 'warchest' all nice and fat so they can be ready for that "rude awakening" you speak of. The reality is today is a good day to be US Airways; not Delta Air Lines.

Good luck; you'll need all you can get.

Later,
Eye

P.S. It's spelled VULTURE not vulcher. Now, go edit. :)

Back