It's over - LCC withdraws its offer to buy DL

I can't believe it took you 3 pages to get here. Always love your insight! Since this is over now...will we be seeing less of you?
Sorry for the delay but I've been busy at a furniture market today in LAS. A friend here emailed me with the great news.

I'm still flying US when I have to so no I'll still be around. Besides it will take me days to dig up some old threads. So much crow to serve and so little time......

Luv2fly,

Luv2dly said: "Tell me more about your fragmentation theory USA320. What exactly are your associates saying now? Your unique corporate transaction theories (dating back to your United philosophies) have yet to deliver. Stick with your day job, it suits you better.

USA320Pilot comments: Luv, as I indicated earlier, the fragmentation comments came from a senior official at ALPA National, who spoke to me as a condition of anonymity. Apparently, the Delta MEC was concerned about this too, which is why ALPA National was counseled. AS I indicated earlier, which you conceniently left out, would a fragmentation happen, maybe, maybe not. In my opinion, it did not happen because nobody else was interested in Delta's assets.

By the way, can you tell me what the code phrase "Project Minnow" stood for? I bet you can't.

"Meanwhile according to Rueters, (US Airways shares) popped because now management can concentrate on running the basics," said Ray Neidl, airline analyst at Calyon Securities. "They're looking forward to a very good year."

US Air posted fourth-quarter profit of $12 million on Tuesday.

Its CEO, Parker, has said if the Delta bid failed, US Airways would remain independent. He said he has no other merger targets in mind.

Boyd, the consultant, said US Airways, formed in 2005 from a merger with America West, should focus on completing its ongoing integration.

"They've still got to get the last merger done. They've got a lot of debt issues, a lot of (information technology) issues," said Boyd. "They've got a lot on their plate. It's not like they're bored."

Although US Airways could still pursue a deal for Delta, Parker has said he would not extend the deadline or pursue a merger with Delta if the company exits bankruptcy as an independent company.

Airline consultant Stuart Klaskin of KKC Aviation remained unconvinced US Airways will abandon its consolidation dreams.

"I personally think they are going to turn their attention very rapidly to other markets," he said. "If I were the management team at Northwest Airlines, I would be awaiting the call from Parker."

Regards,

USA320Pilot
PURE BS. You know it, I know it, WE ALL KNOW IT.

Go find a hole to crawl in you misearble %$#%^*

I CAN NOT WAIT TO FLY WITH YOU AGAIN, ONLY NEXT TIME IT WILL BE ON A BARBIE JET.

I repeat that paybacks are no fun. If you think DL won't be gunning at US now, you are in for a rude awakening.

Didn't take long for Grinstein to start throwing stones....

Delta Air Lines To Offer Hourly Service between Atlanta and Philadelphia with 15 Daily Roundtrip Flights
Hourly schedule begins June 1

ATLANTA, April 15, 2004 -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) will begin offering customers hourly flights between Atlanta and Philadelphia starting June 1. With the addition of four flights to its schedule, the airline now will offer customers 15 daily roundtrip flights between its Atlanta hub and Philadelphia. This increase in flights is a response to increasing demand for business and leisure travel in Philadelphia.

Delta’s flights from Atlanta will begin at 6:40 a.m. and depart hourly thereafter, with the last flight departing Atlanta at 9:40 p.m. The hourly flights from Philadelphia will begin at 5:40 a.m., with the last flight departing at 7:40 p.m. Each flight is scheduled to arrive approximately two hours after its departure time.

“We offer customers more flights between Atlanta and Philadelphia than any other carrier, and we’re pleased to once again offer hourly service between the two cities,†said Subodh Karnik, Delta’s senior vice president-Network and Revenue Management. “We have expanded access to the world’s largest hub for our customers in the northeast, while providing more flights to the fifth largest city in the United States.â€

Tickets for Delta’s new hourly service between Atlanta and Philadelphia will be available for sale on Saturday, April 17.

Didn't take long for Grinstein to start throwing stones....
Delta Air Lines To Offer Hourly Service between Atlanta and Philadelphia with 15 Daily Roundtrip Flights
Hourly schedule begins June 1

ATLANTA, April 15, 2004 -- Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL) will begin offering customers hourly flights between Atlanta and Philadelphia starting June 1. With the addition of four flights to its schedule, the airline now will offer customers 15 daily roundtrip flights between its Atlanta hub and Philadelphia. This increase in flights is a response to increasing demand for business and leisure travel in Philadelphia.

Delta’s flights from Atlanta will begin at 6:40 a.m. and depart hourly thereafter, with the last flight departing Atlanta at 9:40 p.m. The hourly flights from Philadelphia will begin at 5:40 a.m., with the last flight departing at 7:40 p.m. Each flight is scheduled to arrive approximately two hours after its departure time.

“We offer customers more flights between Atlanta and Philadelphia than any other carrier, and we’re pleased to once again offer hourly service between the two cities,†said Subodh Karnik, Delta’s senior vice president-Network and Revenue Management. “We have expanded access to the world’s largest hub for our customers in the northeast, while providing more flights to the fifth largest city in the United States.â€

Tickets for Delta’s new hourly service between Atlanta and Philadelphia will be available for sale on Saturday, April 17.

Yeah, except this was 3 years ago. It's 2007!

Wait a minute! Doesn't your "partner" work for DL? So you want him to lose his job? Nice boyfriend! :up:

USA320Pilot comments: AS I indicated earlier, which you conceniently left out, would a fragmentation happen, maybe, maybe not. In my opinion, it did not happen because nobody else was interested in Delta's assets.

Regards,

USA320Pilot[/font]

You qualify most of your statements with "maybe, maybe not". It leaves you a way out. Your cofidential source is unverified. While most reports of the merger concentrated on just that, a merger, you and the now defunct Mr. Ralphcramden focused your attention on a fictitious fragmentation theory that has now proven you wrong.... again.
Now you predict that the fragmentation didn't happen b/c nobody was interested in Delta assets. Clearly a desperate attempt to explain a failed attempt by Parker to eliminate his biggest competitor.
Like I said. Stick to your day job. Lets just hope your command decisions in the cockpit prove to be more reliable than your prognosticating abilities. They leave a lot to be desired.

Looks like DL's release has a typo because they sent it out this afternoon.

No. You obviously dug this press release from the archives somewhere.

Not only is the date wrong, but Subodh Karnik is being quoted. Only problem is that he hasn't worked at DL since 2005 and is now CEO of ATA.

No. You obviously dug this press release from the archives somewhere.

Not only is the date wrong, but Subodh Karnik is being quoted. Only problem is that he hasn't worked at DL since 2005 and is now CEO of ATA.

No. I haven't the time, nor the inclination to do that. Also, I'm sure I'm not the only one who received this release today.

Sounds like a bunch of disgruntled LCC employees to me. Looks like USA320Pilot won't be sitting in the left seat of a 777 any time soon. Maybe Doogie can use some of the $10 billion he was going to use to take over Delta and buy some widebodies. 19 widebodies ain't gonna cut it.

And why do Low Compensation Carrier employees think Delta will be in a weakened state once we exit bankruptcy? Here's a little proof of our progress,

For the first nine months of 2006, length of haul adjusted passenger unit revenue increased 19% versus the prior year. During the same period the rest of the airline industry's passenger unit revenue increased only 12.6% versus the prior year.

We achieved the lowest cost structure of network carriers and continued to close the gap with low-cost carriers during the third quarter of 2006.

Delta was ranked in the top two of all network carriers in overall customer service by J.D. Power and Associates in 2006. In the survey, we ranked #1 for customer services across three metrics – aircraft condition/cleanliness, boarding/deplaning/baggage, and flight crew.

Delta has announced the recall of more than 1,250 flight attendants, approximately 330 pilots, and 900 maintenance employees.

Our bankruptcy financings ($2.2 billion and $350 million credit facilities) were, in total, the largest debtor-in-possession (DIP) financings in U.S. history. Days before the DIP facility was to be finally approved, there was so much market support for our business plan that the financing was upsized by $200 million, and the interest rates were reduced.

Despite intervening increases in market interest rates since the facility was first negotiated, the DIP interest rate has been reduced three times, and all three tranches of the DIP are trading above par.

Look out Doogie, we have you in our cross-hairs now!!! Try running your own airline now. But let's be honest, DAL was always a higher quality carrier than LCC. Why would we want Doogie to taint our great reputation with his "hybrid" Low-Cost-Carrier B.S.? Good riddance. :up: :up: :up:

Look out Doogie, we have you in our cross-hairs now!!! Try running your own airline now. But let's be honest, DAL was always a higher quality carrier than LCC. Why would we want Doogie to taint our great reputation with his "hybrid" Low-Cost-Carrier B.S.? Good riddance. :up: :up: :up:

Here you go folks! Write it down. The first stown being thrown in the war of words.

YOU HAVE NO CLASS!! If the rest of your coworkers think like you...oh yeah they do.

Everytime you post, I am more thankful this fell thru.

Latest posts