Jan 31 Additional Nonstop Miami-nashville

There are rumors on two other BBs that AA will announce on Wednesday that it is buying UAL's pacific routes and selling part of Eagle. These are rumors, unsubstantiated rumors!!! I was wondering if this has been heard elsewhere?

L1011Ret said:
There are rumors on two other BBs that AA will announce on Wednesday that it is buying UAL's pacific routes and selling part of Eagle. These are rumors, unsubstantiated rumors!!! I was wondering if this has been heard elsewhere?
what does your "rumor" have to do with nashville?

L1011Ret said:
I heard that same rumor about 1 year ago from my friend who flies for UAL. She said that UAL was in a deal with AA to sell their SFO hub and all Pacific Routes out of SFO to AA. But, we all know how rumors are in this industry. I guess we will have to wait and see if it really happens.

Its a stupid rumor. United is doing better and better. There is no need for assets sales. There revenue is up, there yield is up and they are looking to be a survivor. To see off the any part would be foolish ill timed and deadly. The pacific has become there bread and butter.