Summer 2009 Schedule Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiAAmi

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
Some minor schedule changes that I have found so far for the schedule change on Jun 11 2009.

MIA-SSA-REC-MIA = change from 767 to 757
MIA - MCO = additional nonstop for total of 7 all 757's
MIA - PHX = route discontinued

DFW - PIT = reduce from 7 Eagle to 2 Eagle and 2 AA MD-80
DFW - CMH = additional AA MD-80 for total 5 nonstops 4 AA MD-80's and 1 Eagle
DFW - JAX = additional AA MD-80 for total 4 nonstops
DFW - LHR = additional 767 for total of 3 nonstops, 1 777 and 2 767's
DFW - ANC =1 seasonal nonstop 757
DFW - MAD = new 767 nonstop effective 01MAY

I'm sure there are more changes so feel free to add if you know of more.

Nice to see the MIA-SSA-REC-MIA get a 75L. Good use of that new variation.

Also look for Eagle to get larger in STL, due to makeing up of AX reductions.Here are some pointns of intrest-STL-XNA all MQ-STL-MSN 2MQ 1RP-STL-BDL 1MQ 1RP-STL-IAD 1MQ 1RP-STLIND 1MQ 3RP-STL MSY 1MQ 3RP-STL-ORF 1 MQ 1RP-STL-MSP 1MQ 4RP.STL -AUS 1 MQ.More to come I see MQ taking over RP in flights in the near future.Silly AX ground handles and no AX flights as of June.I think this could be a good Eagle base. :unsure:

Technically, DFW-MAD is a resumption of service, not new.

Not at all surprised to see MIA-PHX get axed.

To the extent Eagle/Connection lift has to be cut back to stay under the ASM cap, RP is the sacrificial lamb.

Might be an AIR-21 slot, which allows service to under-served communities. Even better if it's being subsidized by Charleston...

June 12th will re-launch Brownsville, Texas (3x ERJ), Lake Charles, LA (2x ERJ), and Montgomery, Ala. (2x ERJ), as well as new DFW-TLH (1x daily).

MIA-PHX does really well in the winter; poor in the summer. Set to return 02NOV09.

With all the new seats coming to GIG, will we be seeing a the JFK flight? It wasnt that long ago we were the only carrier with non stop to GIG. Now everyone seems to want in, GIG is mainly a tourist destination, compared to GRU, and CNF. Mark any predictions on the fall out?

With all the new seats coming to GIG, will we be seeing a the JFK flight? It wasnt that long ago we were the only carrier with non stop to GIG. Now everyone seems to want in, GIG is mainly a tourist destination, compared to GRU, and CNF. Mark any predictions on the fall out?

AA will still run JFK-GIG seasonally with beyond-bilateral frequencies that are available during peak travel.

I expect to see AA apply for MIA-FOR, JFK-GIG and MIA-BSB next year, when 21 frequencies (none of which can be used for GRU) become available. We'll have to see how things work out. MIA-CNF has been doing stellar, and after a slow start, REC/SSA is starting to pick up very strongly is now above 70% loads.

Also, whether or not US actually starts a route as idiotic as CLT-GIG remains to be seen.

I'm guessing that MAH4546 is refering to the dismal O&D from CLT. According to Delta, ATL-GIG traffic is 11 times larger than CLT-GIG and according to AA, NYC-GIG features more than 50 times the O&D of CLT. Probably 98% of the seats on CLT-GIG will have to be filled by connecting traffic - which MAH4546 deems "idiotic." I don't predict much success for US on the route (assuming that US actually initiates it).

Add to that the slot they get will not be optimal. They have no other service rights so the plane has to sit all day in GIG. Rio in their winter is not packing in the tourists. Rio is not a premium business traffic city like GRU or EZE or SCL. The market seems to be saturated. Who are they going to get to leave and fly them to South America? AA, UAL CAL and DAL all have large shares will require getting people who would otherwise fly AA, CAL or DAL to choose them. With people who frequent the area, they are status members in one of the above mentioned frequent flyer plans.

Just curious, why do you find this idiotic? What am I missing here?

Thanks.

Less than 1 PDEW on CLT-GIG combined with US Airways entire lack of presence in Latin America outside of Mexico and Costa Rica.

Rio de Janeiro is not the market one uses to launch a South American network. They need to build up in major markets before venturing into the smaller markets. Just like Beijing is not how one launches Asia (and US Airways is learning that - not only did they delay Beijing for a year, but they still have not acquired aircraft to fly the route, as nothing in their current fleet is capable).

Furthemore, Rio is a low-yielding market with little business traffic (and the business traffic there is is concentrated on Miami and Houston). It is also extremely seasonal, with demand nearly double during the northern winter months. And, furthermore, Rio is facing a huge and unneeded rise in capacity (new AA seasonal flights to JFK; new CO service to IAH; increase capacity on DL to ATL; new non-stop TAM flights to MIA and JFK) at a time when traffic is not growing. US is destined to be the the loser in this situation, assuming they actually start flying the route. And let's add to that further: new service on DL and AA to the Northeast is lessening demand for connecting passengers on flights to Rio, which has always been an important connecting hub for passengers back-tracking between the United States and Northern Brazil due to GRU's congestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.