JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
chilokie1 said:

I hope they do come to realization that having a flexible CS policy for shift workers makes sense, if a guy is
fur-lowed to another station his quality of life can be made much better with only the cost of a supervisor 
doing a little additional time changing his time and attendance in the computer. And for the guys who just
would like to change their start time so they can go to the Dr. or dentist office without smelling like we do
after a few hours on the job. Last time I went to the sick nazi I made sure I was ripe with jet fuel as to show
the S.O.B.  in TULE (if you are based at TULE you know who I'am talking about) what it is like to have a guy
who is working on aircraft come into his or her sterile work environment. Presently in my work area you can not
change your start time, you can leave & clock out then clock back in to fill out your 8hrs. Any supervisor or 
manager that is worth his salt knows the benefit of a good CS policy & if policed by the supervisors there 
should always be the manpower needed for the job.
Where I work we can clock out and leave and come back but cannot finish up our 8 hours.  Our start/stop times cannot be changed in any way whatsoever.  The reason is they did away with afternoon shift.  But just today our stock clerk left to get his truck fixed and then came back to finish up his 8 hours.  Stores works for a different company than we do I guess.  Guys are sick and tired of it.  But the one size fits all C/S the company wants would do nothing for shops like mine that are only day shift.  That's why we need a C/S policy for the bases.  Of course it would be nice if we worked for the same company as Stores..... Oh wait a minute..........

By the way, the stock clerk starts his shift one hour before the AMTs in the shop and gets off one hour before they do.  Figure that out and if that makes sense to you then you could be a manager in the Turbine Building in Tulsa.

Currently at US we have shift realignment every 4 months where you can select your shift and days off based on your senority which I feel is the best way to do it.
How does AA do rotating in a particular department? Do you need 100% agreement among the members that they want a rotating bid area before going to rotating? I would hope so as I sure wouldn't want it.
On CS (shift swaps) I would much rather see it in our contract and not up to a supervisor. If fill out your CS through workbrain there is no paper work involved, no supervisor approval needed, as long as you submit it between the 14 day to 5 day advance notice. If it less than 5 days then you do need the supervisor to put it in for you. I would like to the the 14 day limit be increased to 21 days. You can do single double double or double double single, or double single double, if you are after a 3 day work week, very flexible.

5 days in advance? In fleet at AA you can put in staff admin (your workbrain) up to two hours before your shift starts. We can even CS off 30 minutes if you put it in two hours before the shift ends. I will say though I haven't a clue what kind of restrictions our AMT's have.

AANOTOK said:
5 days in advance? In fleet at AA you can put in staff admin (your workbrain) up to two hours before your shift starts. We can even CS off 30 minutes if you put it in two hours before the shift ends. I will say though I haven't a clue what kind of restrictions our AMT's have.
So you can go through your computer terminal at home or work and set up your shift swap up to two hours before your shift starts? That is the way I would like to see it also. Any maximum (days before) restrictions?

Docker said:
So you can go through your computer terminal at home or work and set up your shift swap up to two hours before your shift starts? That is the way I would like to see it also. Any maximum (days before) restrictions?
Yep, do it all from home. You have to work 50% of your scheduled hours (not scheduled shift) in a six month period. In other words, from Jan1 to June 30 you must have 50% done. Same as Jul 1 to Dec 31, 50% is required. Also, working OT counts toward your "scheduled" hours, as does Vacation. Calling in sick or ID (even though you get paid) does not.

Docker said:
Currently at US we have shift realignment every 4 months where you can select your shift and days off based on your senority which I feel is the best way to do it.
How does AA do rotating in a particular department? Do you need 100% agreement among the members that they want a rotating bid area before going to rotating? I would hope so as I sure wouldn't want it.
On CS (shift swaps) I would much rather see it in our contract and not up to a supervisor. If fill out your CS through workbrain there is no paper work involved, no supervisor approval needed, as long as you submit it between the 14 day to 5 day advance notice. If it less than 5 days then you do need the supervisor to put it in for you. I would like to the the 14 day limit be increased to 21 days. You can do single double double or double double single, or double single double, if you are after a 3 day work week, very flexible.

Don't forget to add, if they change the swap policy to the way we do it, call in sick for a swap, forget to show up, or miss the swap in any way, it's bye... bye swaps.  No excuses.  Strictly enforced.

chilokie1 said:

I hope they do come to realization that having a flexible CS policy for shift workers makes sense, if a guy is
fur-lowed to another station his quality of life can be made much better with only the cost of a supervisor 
doing a little additional time changing his time and attendance in the computer. And for the guys who just
would like to change their start time so they can go to the Dr. or dentist office without smelling like we do
after a few hours on the job. Last time I went to the sick nazi I made sure I was ripe with jet fuel as to show
the S.O.B.  in TULE (if you are based at TULE you know who I'am talking about) what it is like to have a guy
who is working on aircraft come into his or her sterile work environment. Presently in my work area you can not
change your start time, you can leave & clock out then clock back in to fill out your 8hrs. Any supervisor or 
manager that is worth his salt knows the benefit of a good CS policy & if policed by the supervisors there 
should always be the manpower needed for the job.

Wow.  That's some nice flexibility.

Our schedules are so rigid, that really the only change you can look forward to is a swap, vacation, or the 4 month realignment.  Plus, this company hates commuters and most of the time will not accommodate your commute, or lack of.

Changes are a coming to one side or the other, but I sure hope we get your guys easier schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back