JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
1AA said:
The line turn out was always strong. It has always been Tulsa that never wanted to change. The many supporters in Tulsa faced a uphill intimidating battle on every drive. Now I hear guys in Tulsa crying for line support due to the big threat of outsourcing. Spare us your sympathy. I'm not interested anymore. My next goal is retirement in about ten years.
You can always put your name on the transfer list to New York or Chicago or Los Angeles. If the phase checks are heading to third party venders and south America don't expect much work to stay in Tulsa.
My guess, PHX, MCO, FLL, and MIA get more work. DWH gets more of dfw real estate and work. I'm basing that prediction on the scope clause that USair has which is what Isom says he wants to have at new AA.

Talked to a friend who worked at taesl, he works at MIA now. He stays at a crash pad which is a two bedroom one bath condo that he shares with 9 other guys, 4 mechs and 5 FSCs who all commute. He has about 24 years as a mech and didn't have seniority to get OSM spot at DWH. Sticker shock of housing and having a nice house in Keller is making him commute to Dallas, along with 100 other guys at MIA. Heard a bunch of other senior mechs took OSM spots at Tulsa to be in driving range of Dallas.

Hopefully after contract settled there is movement to dfw or DWH for these guys.

bigjets said:
Hopefully after contract settled there is movement to dfw or DWH for these guys.
I hope so.

We had people from TWA in a similar situation working at TULE. I really felt bad for those guys. You could see being away from their families wearing on them over the years.

I guess you could say they are a large part of why I left the company. I did not want to chase the job.

Really, they are the ones who inspired (for lack of a better word) me to go to school and get out of the airline business.

1AA said:
The line turn out was always strong. It has always been Tulsa that never wanted to change. The many supporters in Tulsa faced a uphill intimidating battle on every drive. Now I hear guys in Tulsa crying for line support due to the big threat of outsourcing. Spare us your sympathy. I'm not interested anymore. My next goal is retirement in about ten years.
You can always put your name on the transfer list to New York or Chicago or Los Angeles. If the phase checks are heading to third party venders and south America don't expect much work to stay in Tulsa.
I am just telling you that our AMFA drive group in Tulsa had a much harder time getting the Line to even discuss changing representation at that time. The most recent drives, it has been the Line that was the backbone. You are just confirming my point of no unity within the TWU. I give the Line the credit for almost making it happen and you want to argue. That's fine the Line was always on board thanks for the leadership and getting Tulsa close.

Buck said:
I am just telling you that our AMFA drive group in Tulsa had a much harder time getting the Line to even discuss changing representation at that time. The most recent drives, it has been the Line that was the backbone. You are just confirming my point of no unity within the TWU. I give the Line the credit for almost making it happen and you want to argue. That's fine the Line was always on board thanks for the leadership and getting Tulsa close.
What? The line stations always wanted the change of union leadership. How could you say otherwise? If half of the kool-aid drinkers in Tulsa would have just taken the time to listen and get the facts instead of listening to the union lies we would have dumped the TWU a long time ago.
Junior mechanic, SRP, OSM and AMTO. Sound familiar?
TWU firsts courtesy of Tulsa not wanting to fight and have to live in high cost of living cities. All under the bridge now. The outsourcing is under way. It's happening under our noses. Line stations will take a hit but will survive. Will Tulsa be around?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
How about instead of throwing out a bunch of catch phrases and accusations you prove me wrong?

Can you?

The truth is if you had anything legitimate to say to discredit me you would have said it by now.
What's wrong Vortilon?

If you can legitimately discredit anything I have said let's hear it.

I am waiting.

toroshark said:
Yo lali-ladopehead. You aren't and never been a AA AMT. Shut up and go worry about your new job. Which the conversation seems to imply that you were trained by our tax dollars. Nobody here gives a crap about your okie-fascists opinions. Get a life dork.
If you can't discredit me maybe you can take toroshark's approach and call me a "big stupid meanie".

bob@las-AA said:
You could take a page from bob@las-AA's playbook and make a short, infantile, 9 second video with no point.

You three are a paragon of tactlessness and immaturity.

1AA said:
What? The line stations always wanted the change of union leadership. How could you say otherwise? If half of the kool-aid drinkers in Tulsa would have just taken the time to listen and get the facts instead of listening to the union lies we would have dumped the TWU a long time ago.
TWU firsts courtesy of Tulsa not wanting to fight and have to live in high cost of living cities. All under the bridge now. The outsourcing is under way. It's happening under our noses. Line stations will take a hit but will survive. Will Tulsa be around?
Yes.

1AA said:
It is also possible to outsource line maintenance.  Just because AA hasn't done it yet doesn't mean they wouldn't ever try it.  We should ALL be together on outsourcing and it is pathetic that there are some like you who would actually welcome the loss of Tulsa maintenance.  It's also pathetic that while we AMTs continue to insult each other and make stupid, selfish remarks, the FSC use their thread to inform and discuss issues without the amount of insults here.  For a very long time I and others have tried to bring the line and O/H together but there are too many who do not want to have peace and just want to continue to blame Tulsa for every ill and also continue to wish for our demise.  So it's us against you?  You refuse to think that Tulsa remaining as is would only help you. The company wins again.  Same old thing.  Lost cause trying to get you guys to act and think like adults.  God help us.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Name calling, telling me to shut up, telling me no one gives a crap about my opinion simply because he disagrees with it. All behaviors of your typical 5 year old. 
OldGuy@AA said:
Lost cause trying to get you guys to act and think like adults.
It would seem that way.

1AA said:

I think the line stations will flourish with more head count and more stations (class ii ) to pick from. What did the Tulsa guys use to say, "If you don't like it, move to tulsa" now it's, "if you don't like it move to a line station" 

How many guys remember in 2012 when line guys were at the front gate of TULE saying vote NO on BK contract. Seeing the TULE mechs flipping off the line guys and driving home in their new F150s.  I find it funny how TULE is saying how we should all stick together and not saying I'll just use my roll call vote. Then there's the revisionist history of buck. 

I actually don't think Tulsa will lose out, there's too much 737, 757, 767 mod work and 737 OH's to do. 

OldGuy@AA said:
It is also possible to outsource line maintenance.  Just because AA hasn't done it yet doesn't mean they wouldn't ever try it.  We should ALL be together on outsourcing and it is pathetic that there are some like you who would actually welcome the loss of Tulsa maintenance.  It's also pathetic that while we AMTs continue to insult each other and make stupid, selfish remarks, the FSC use their thread to inform and discuss issues without the amount of insults here.  For a very long time I and others have tried to bring the line and O/H together but there are too many who do not want to have peace and just want to continue to blame Tulsa for every ill and also continue to wish for our demise.  So it's us against you?  You refuse to think that Tulsa remaining as is would only help you. The company wins again.  Same old thing.  Lost cause trying to get you guys to act and think like adults.  God help us.

Tulsa remaining will help us?    Dude we were the lowest paid for over a decade, TULE voted down 2 raises (2008 by TULE leadership, 2010) in 2003 we voted to save OH, only to lose MCI, AFW, and TAESL. In 2012 we voted away everything we had left in contract to save TULE jobs, and what we have left is OH with over 500 mechs with over 10 years AA maint time alone working as OSMs. Something TULE voted in at the objection of the line stations.

Unfortunately your lone voice didn't have much of an impact on your coworkers as line mechs struggled to pay the bills, save for retirement, save for a rainy day and send our kids to college. 

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Name calling...All behaviors of your typical 5 year old.
Maybe someone will do a tally of la li lo ta it do re mi le (aka, the troll) use of the term "libtard"?

What an insult to five year old's.

OldGuy@AA said:
Don't go blaming the guys that wanted change and fought hard over the years. Tulsa was a hard sell because they had the mind set that Tulsa was all that counted. The TWU made sure of that. Now overhaul is under the gun and again the line guys are to blame for the lack of interest from Tulsa over the years. Sorry it's too late for all of us. The line stations had the B checks wiped out into phase checks. They are setting up to do more phase checks in south America and third party vendors. They also want to do phase checks at smaller stations. Why do we need all these hangars if the B checks are gone? They took QA off the checks. The company has a plan to outsource as much as they can before a JCBA is done. The writing is on the wall for overhaul. It's happening and you can't say I'm making it up. I'm not wishing a demise for Tulsa or overhaul. It's happening. Wake up. How many heavies are we still doing in house? My concern is what will be the final headcount when the New AA is done chopping us up. Wake up, they don't like aircraft maintenance. We are a liability. Line and overhaul.

1AA said:
I am just saying that my experience from sometime in 1986 until sometime in 1989, there was a lot of Line station resistance to changing representation. I do not believe I said anything about changing union leadership. As for a ratio , yes there were a lot of Line Mechanics that want to change representation. I think If I remember correctly, even Bob Owens was against replacing the TWU. Do not forget that not everyone here in Tulsa is an aircraft mechanic, licensed or not. I was a junior mechanic in the engine shop. You ask if Tulsa will be around? Probably, because without changing from the AFL-CIO Industrial Union, there will be no change. Why do you think the city and state have been here for so long? AS for the Line taking a hit, do you believe that if Tulsa shuts it's door that, Tulsa will not bump? Will Tulsa be around, according to the Airline Leadership, yes? Tulsa has already started shrinking and those that were not working on the aircraft are now doing so. Take a look at the contract.

Glenn Quagmire said:
Maybe someone will do a tally of la li lo ta it do re mi le (aka, the troll) use of the term "libtard"?

What an insult to five year old's.
Start counting. You just volunteered. Libtard.

I don't turn a blind eye to facts Glenn. That is a liberal trait.

Nor do I allow someone to discredit me when I speak the truth.

1AA said:
Don't go blaming the guys that wanted change and fought hard over the years. Tulsa was a hard sell because they had the mind set that Tulsa was all that counted. The TWU made sure of that. Now overhaul is under the gun and again the line guys are to blame for the lack of interest from Tulsa over the years. Sorry it's too late for all of us. The line stations had the B checks wiped out into phase checks. They are setting up to do more phase checks in south America and third party vendors. They also want to do phase checks at smaller stations. Why do we need all these hangars if the B checks are gone? They took QA off the checks. The company has a plan to outsource as much as they can before a JCBA is done. The writing is on the wall for overhaul. It's happening and you can't say I'm making it up. I'm not wishing a demise for Tulsa or overhaul. It's happening. Wake up. How many heavies are we still doing in house? My concern is what will be the final headcount when the New AA is done chopping us up. Wake up, they don't like aircraft maintenance. We are a liability. Line and overhaul.
I was one of those seeking change.  There were more in Tulsa than me though and we tried our best.  We got lots of cards though but didn't get enough.  The line out numbers overhaul now so there shouldn't be a problem.  Doing phase checks on the line is a stupid idea that will prove itself in time to be just that.  But your earlier post only mentioned over haul being outsourced and seemed to take pleasure in it due to everything bad being Tulsa's fault.  Go ahead and continue the hate.  It is pointless to try to get you people to stop with the crap the company and union has used against us for years.  When my job is outsourced I'll deal with it.  But you line guys will have to deal with a bunch of O/H guys bumping into stations.  If we get bumping rights like the IAM guys have now it won't be LAX, ORD and JFK and I think you know that.  But you are safe where you are because of the lousy bumping rights we currently have.  So go ahead and hope for our demise.  I really hate the fact that I have "Brothers" like you out there who only think for themselves.  You have no right to call anyone in Tulsa out as you are a "Me" guy yourself as per your posts.  There are many of us in Tulsa that tried to make change happen but we are just scum to you because we are in Tulsa.  We are in the position of being last because of guys like you.  I hope ALL our jobs are safe but if not I hope I can choose where to go.  As far as you are concerned I am disgusted to have you in my craft.  We have lost this fight because of YOU and people like YOU.  I'm tired of trying to get you one way thinking hypocrites on the same side so you can have it.  When Tulsa is gone you'll have nobody to blame but your own hypocritical self.  That day is coming and obviously can't get here fast enough for you.  Line guys are the only ones who tried for change. By the way....  The line couldn't get 100% to sign cards did they?  But I guess we were supposed to get everyone in Tulsa to?  You're pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back