JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are getting 2.1% in September anyway so if they add .09% and we get a contract DOS in say July whats the big deal. Plus .55 differential

September is still 7 months away and that 2.1% is the last contractual raise we have. We'll see what they come up with eventually but whatever we sign off on if it's before September that increase goes bye bye and we fall into the new DOS.

September is still 7 months away and that 2.1% is the last contractual raise we have. We'll see what they come up with eventually but whatever we sign off on if it's before September that increase goes bye bye and we fall into the new DOS.
Correct but I don't see us getting a contract until the summer (a year past you prediction "The Summer of Weez 2016"). So we get a contact in July that absorbs the September raise we should get another raise the following July maybe by then you'll be ready for an 8 cylinder.

Correct but I don't see us getting a contract until the summer (a year past you prediction "The Summer of Weez 2016"). So we get a contact in July that absorbs the September raise we should get another raise the following July maybe by then you'll be ready for an 8 cylinder.

I'm finito with any predictions man. I got a clown out there that likes to throw at me "You said we would" when he can't figure out what a Football pool box means.

I don't think I'm going to have a choice on the 8 in the future? Looks like the 6 is going bye bye.

I'm finito with any predictions man. I got a clown out there that likes to throw at me "You said we would" when he can't figure out what a Football pool box means.

I don't think I'm going to have a choice on the 8 in the future? Looks like the 6 is going bye bye.
By the time you are ready for a new car you will be well past your mid life crisis and get an old man car along with white shoes and yellow pants.

By the time you are ready for a new car you will be well past your mid life crisis and get an old man car along with white shoes and yellow pants.

The only thing I'll get is thicker glasses. I'll ALWAYS drive a Mustang.

Crema right now we're 1% above UAL who was the industry leader until we got the bump up. They don't get their next raise till November.

DL like I said on the other hand will basically match us on April 1. 2 months from now. So they'll be above UAL.

You're thinking end of contract where I'm talking about at signing. Assume at least a minimum 2% more per year times 5 years.

i understand. for me, DOS rate isn't as big an issue as max rate.

excluding DOS bump in pay, you're talking 10% over the duration of the contract, if it is indeed, 5 years. 10% more than dl isn't enough, while 10% more than ua is probably a bit too much.

i'd be shooting for $35.00 plus differential, max pay.

When you throw in Deltas profit sharing they're way ahead of us, even with their reduced amount. I'm not sure but I've heard Uniteds profit sharing is also quite a bit more than ours. It's a good way to really reward employees when you do real well. This company doesn't seem to see it that way which I think is an error. Of course the 55% or whatever upper mgmt got shows where their priorities lie.I don't know enough about the other companies total compensation deals or staffing but our deal seems lacking by a pretty decent margin.

absolutely, and not only united's profit sharing, but also southwest's. they each have less employees and their profit sharing distribution of wage % was in the mid teens.

i believe that dl is done with the raises for a long while. they also widened the profit sharing parameters and this year, there is a 1/3 less in the kitty than last year. $1 billion is still a fantastic amount of money. really speaks well about dl, and we know that ua's munoz is doing what he promised, changing the culture at ua. southwest has surpassed ua as the 3rd most profitable airline and ua has the highest paid fscs. munoz put his money where is mouth is.

where the association and the company can address the profit sharing discrepancy is through wages. if we are making $2.00/hr more than dl on DOS this will nearly cover the spread for a FT, apprx. $4,500 (not counting holidays & differential) a year more in base pay than dl.

if we do max out at $35.00/hr, and dl's wages remain stagnant...this $5 gap ($11,000 not counting holiday pay & differential) will cover and surpass dl's total compensation levels.

the only way to address this is through wages. i don't anticipate the company sweetening the profit sharing deal nor will they pay generous yearly bonuses.

from what i have heard and pieced together, lombardo & pantoja are there for the $$. to bring us back an industry leading contract.

I think I'm going to puke!!
Just what do you people expect from this JCBA? More money, better PS, Holidays ect. ect. About the only thing I feel we might get is shift differential, no 1-2% increase for the duration and no matching DL-UA. Parker managed to squeeze blood from this company turnip and all everyone talks about is "MORE PLEASE, IT"S NOT ENOUGH"
Give it a rest.

you believe the association will agree to a contract that pays us less than ua?

i understand. for me, DOS rate isn't as big an issue as max rate.

excluding DOS bump in pay, you're talking 10% over the duration of the contract, if it is indeed, 5 years. 10% more than dl isn't enough, while 10% more than ua is probably a bit too much.

i'd be shooting for $35.00 plus differential, max pay.

Here's my Horse bet. 3% over the DL April rate DOS, 2% first 3 years and 2.5% the last two. One year early opener.

Care to place a wager?

That sounds fare, but if we see anything lower will you be disappointed?

I don't know about disappointed depending on what's in the total agreement that would add value to us or me as an individual? But I would actually be surprised and I'd be worried about it failing if the members don't see that shiny little up front bauble.

Whenever it comes of course I'll do my own cost analysis on it for how it works for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back