JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kev3188 said:
He might be "da man," but posting the way a 14 year old girl might text just reinforces the stereotypes people have about rampers...

SO SEZ U>
BLU B COOL DUUD. C
U DEFENZ NEILSON LIKE
BRO OR WIFE

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
So you got your promotions by working hard but other people (oftentimes) got theirs from conniving and being well connected.

Correct.  Promotion is often based on an employee's relative value, but what that value is depends on the employee and who is promoting.  Could be because the employee is knowledgeable and effective, could be because they're a suck-up, could be because she has a knock-out figure and wears low-cut blouses, could be a combination.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
So you don't feel you have an obligation to leverage your skill and experience (gained on the job) for your employers benefit?

What do you think they are PAYING you for?

My employer and I both know exactly what I'm being paid to do, it's explained in the Ramp Operations Manual and the labor contract I work under.  That's not what I "think", it's in black and white.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I simply don't understand how an employee feels justified demanding more and more when they have invested NOTHING to increase their value over decades of employment.

I know many on here won't comprehend this but (in my opinion) you don't deserve a raise simply because you exist and happen to belong to a UNION.

Nobody's saying they deserve a raise simply because they exist and belong in a union, but they are saying they want to make what's being paid for the same job at comparable carriers and also what our own management promised us we'd be making after the merger.  I thought rising tides lifted all boats?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Distress?

Hardly.

I left that environment of my own free will. 

The only distress I ever felt was putting up with people that showed up for a "free check".  The very same people who believe they are entitled to do so simply because they exist and have a seniority date. Usually while spewing UNION propaganda.

So what's it got to do with you?  This isn't your employer anymore or your UNION.  In a certain way you didn't leave, because you keep coming back here to preach and condemn and brag about your really cool office job.  Again, what is the psychological compulsion or righteous cause that requires you to take precious time you could be using to enrich your employer or score your next PROMOTION so that you can argue with baggage handlers and flight attendants?

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I might change my perspective if you can explain why you feel an employee who took a non skilled entry level job with no real qualification requirements and a short training period, made a career out of it, is paid mid 20's per hour with full benefits, is entitled to demand more pay and benefits.

I mean when you get down to it that is really what this whole thread is about. You have a group of people that feel entitled to better pay and benefits simply because they exist and have UNION membership.

You have a group of people who are legally allowed to organize and bargain collectively with their employer. Private entities coming together to work out a legally-binding contract.  It's a thing that happens in America.  Pretty simple.  Why do you let this arrangement, which you have absolutely no control over, and no potential to benefit or lose from, bother you so much?  Opinions are ephemeral and most people can't see the world outside the tint of their own wants and prejudices - you're as much an example of that as anyone.  Why do you get so worked up over what other people think they deserve?  You're like a dog being protective of a food bowl in the neighbor's house.  Tend your own garden, dude.

Reactions: 2 people
Kev3188 said:
He might be "da man," but posting the way a 14 year old girl might text just reinforces the stereotypes people have about rampers...
the sad thing we're paying him to look like that

La,

You you do realize there are people who are non Union, working in fields other than the airline industry who are overpaid, have slackers, receive benefits that can't be justified, right? Are you on those boards hammering those souls? I agree with some of what you say. I'm from Texas and not raised a big Union guy. But I will give unions some credit while at the same time criticizing them heavily. As for pay, I know my work ethic, I know what I give to the company. I will always feel UNDERPAID, always. You know who is over paid in my opinion, Athletes, Actors/Actresses, CEO's etc...But the market is set for all and that market is always subject to change, and you me and everyone else hopes that change is upward, regardless of what you do or what you make.
My only deal with you is why so vocal about a job you once held, and why now, why do you suddenly show up after we get a nice little bump?

Reactions: 2 people
AANOTOK said:
La,
You you do realize there are people who are non Union, working in fields other than the airline industry who are overpaid, have slackers, receive benefits that can't be justified, right? Are you on those boards hammering those souls? I agree with some of what you say. I'm from Texas and not raised a big Union guy. But I will give unions some credit while at the same time criticizing them heavily. As for pay, I know my work ethic, I know what I give to the company. I will always feel UNDERPAID, always. You know who is over paid in my opinion, Athletes, Actors/Actresses, CEO's etc...But the market is set for all and that market is always subject to change, and you me and everyone else hopes that change is upward, regardless of what you do or what you make.
My only deal with you is why so vocal about a job you once held, and why now, why do you suddenly show up after we get a nice little bump?
Because he's pissed off and jealous and feels we all did it to him.

Kev3188 said:
Actually, I refuse to "comp-ro-mise" when it comes to abiding people playing up the "rampers are stupid" stereotype.
You refuse to "comp-ro-mise" when it comes to sticking up for Neilson too.

cltrat said:
the sad thing we're paying him to look like that
STILL THNK IM
DL HUNH? ASK
NIELSUN WHT
HAPPN WIT HIZ
LAST BS CALL OUT
OF DL! U DON'T PAY
ME %^#$ DUDE> I SEE
U 3 TMS A WK @ WRK!

U NIELSUN LUVRS
ARE LIKE GOP PUPPTS>