Jetblue Ream rumor - Merged Topic

the cave

Mar 26, 2008
Before you vote digest some of this. From Terry Maxon Dallas Morning News.

http://aviationblog.dallasnews.com/2012/08/unsubstantiated-rumor-time-is-jetblue-airways-the-no-1-target-of-american-airlines.html/#more-7574

Remember that we have no merger protection. No seniority protection. No protection what so ever. This what the company wants so when decisions are made after a merger dealing with seniority we have no recourse action. The union and company know this. Still want to vote Yes?????

Think before you vote Yes.

Reactions: 2 people
Hard to say, but there is no way the UCC will let them just bring in one alternative, and Parker will bring his version with or without AA's help. If there is anything to this it might just be them working the details on that alternative. I think there is more than just one alternative that is workable and attractive.

Reactions: 1 person
The tone of the "denials" from AA mgmt would seem to indicate that B6 is more than just one of several alternatives being considered. B6 does have the potential to help AA restore some of the strength it has lost in the NE, but there are clear antitrust issues - AA plus B6 would operate about 2/3 of US carrier slots at JFK - and there are certain to be objections to a plan that would involve a network carrier taking over a low fare carrier - almost guaranteeing that there would be slot divestitures to ensure competition is maintained.

I'm still not sure I understand the whole premise of the meeting in LA, including that a senior AA exec would say as much as they did, particularly given the very delicate nature of AA's restructuring right now.

Given that the clear intent of the letter is to convince pilots that AA has a perishable strategic goal in mind which should be used as leverage to improve the contracts for labor, the letter has to be viewed with an appropriate bias.
It is hard to know what the judge will do if the AA pilots reject the contract proposal, but there should also be healthy skepticism that the pilots could achieve a significantly improved version by voting down what is on the table.

Will make for some interesting spectating in the near future - but there is good reason to believe that AA would find benefit in merging w/ a non-union airline that has considerable strength in key markets where AA has given up alot of strength in recent years.

Remember that we have no merger protection. No seniority protection. No protection what so ever. This what the company wants so when decisions are made after a merger dealing with seniority we have no recourse action. The union and company know this. Still want to vote Yes?????

Think before you vote Yes.
If the judge grants AA's motion to reject the collective bargaining agreements, how much merger/seniority protection do you have?

Vote no or vote yes - the result is the same.

If the judge grants AA's motion to reject the collective bargaining agreements, how much merger/seniority protection do you have?

Vote no or vote yes - the result is the same.

Merger protection is irelavent seniority has to be merged arbitrarily . I would prefer JetBlue to US. JetBlue came along sometime in the middle to late 90's . JetBlue has a320 which AA will soon have. B6 employees are happy US aren't! Smaller airline less to absorb. That's my take

Smaller airline, basically buying back what you handed over to them, easy to dismantle.......
Sounds like a winner.

Let's see did a senior executive just blow his chance for the big payday a yes vote would have delivered?

Either way air cal, twa, reno, jet blue? Not sure but I think I see a pattern emerging.
What senior executive has stock in jet blue?

A lot of what Jet Blue has is stuff AA walked away from, BOS, SJU etc. They would be buying back what they gave away.

Hale was present at the New York meetings with Maintenance as well. Didn't say anything.

A lot of what Jet Blue has is stuff AA walked away from, BOS, SJU etc. They would be buying back what they gave away.

That would actually fall right into standard operating procedure for the "management" of AA.

Then, once they buy it back, they will slowly sell it off again.

It is all about the money for management for union all the way to the Int.
What ever happen to taking care of their employees. This company and quite a few union members is all about what is in it for Me.
Vote No no no no no no no no no and no.

It is all about the money for management for union all the way to the Int.
What ever happen to taking care of their employees. This company and quite a few union members is all about what is in it for Me.
Vote No no no no no no no no no and no.

Yeah, nothing like wearing a t-shirt to work with a TWU Logo and slogan that reads "60 years Strong"

And then advocating voting yes out of FEAR, on the largest concessions known to man, after working under the previous concession record for 9 years.

Laughable at best.

Maybe they meant "60 Years of SURRENDER" and mispelled the word?

Reactions: 2 people
I do not have a crystal ball but we are being taken for a ride by this company and the High paid lawyers and economist we hired. they win either way.
Vote no

Merger protection is irelavent seniority has to be merged arbitrarily . I would prefer JetBlue to US. JetBlue came along sometime in the middle to late 90's . JetBlue has a320 which AA will soon have. B6 employees are happy US aren't! Smaller airline less to absorb. That's my take

Jet Blue Employees also have a lot less seniority. The average US mechanic is over 55, thats even older than AA!!

Latest posts