JetBlue,TV & AA

BusDrvr,

I think SpeedBird said it very eloquently, so suffice to say, I agree with him.

When you issue insults to an entire group of people, whom you have never met, and of which the large majority, have never said anything derogatory to you, it does question your ability to reason.

Not ony does it reflect badly on yourself, but more importantly, it reflects badly on the good people of United Airlines.

D8

Busdrvr stands as a shining example of what we would never hire. I'm sorry that UAL is stuck with him. He should get off these boards and get some counseling.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 9:11:46 AM jetsandprops wrote:
[P]How does jet blue have such great service when they pay their people so little? TV or not AA can't make any money versus jet blue with their current cost structure.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]One word (and they share it with Southwest) - Attitude.

How does jet blue have such great service when they pay their people so little? TV or not AA can't make any money versus jet blue with their current cost structure.

I just read a book about SouthWest, somewhat interesting. It offhandedly said that JB management decided to keep FA wages at entry level for the career of the employee. A manager was quoted that 1-5 years should be the avg. tenure of an FA. Do they have an SQ fixation?

And money became everything when????????

jetBlue is three years old, yet we should pay ala AA, Delta, UAL???
At last count we had 36 airplanes, AA has (or had) over 500.

But you know what, people are happy at jetBlue. Yes, there are the oddball or two, who likes nothing better than to complain, but in general people like it here. Take a look at U and their employees, are they a happy bunch, AA, Delta? Then take a look at SWA, not the highest paid, but they sure seem to have fun. Where would you rather work??

I believe that Southwest Mechanics make what the major carrier mechanics make, which is much much more than JetBlue mechanics! I'm sure the same could be said for pilots.

So Diesel, would you be willing to work for minimum wage just because JetBlue is the Garden Of Eden? My prior post was that Southwest has a happy workforce also, but I bet they pay higher wages than Jetblue does. The major carriers are goin through painful changes to become leaner and meaner. Most will survive. And when the vicious cycle turns to profitablity and The Deltas, Americans, Uniteds and NWAs and Continentals can make a profit charging JetBlue fares, then the TV in every seat will become meaningless.

By the way Southwest mechanics are quite up there in terms of pay, unlike JetBlue.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/4/2003 3:47:27 PM Hopeful wrote:
[P]So Diesel, would you be willing to work for minimum wage just because JetBlue is the Garden Of Eden? My prior post was that Southwest has a happy workforce also, but I bet they pay higher wages than Jetblue does. The major carriers are goin through painful changes to become leaner and meaner. Most will survive. And when the vicious cycle turns to profitablity and The Deltas, Americans, Uniteds and NWAs and Continentals can make a profit charging JetBlue fares, then the TV in every seat will become meaningless.[BR][BR]By the way Southwest mechanics are quite up there in terms of pay, unlike JetBlue.[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]I believe he was saying that there is more to a job than just the money. I don't believe Southwest was leading the industry in pay when they were only 3 years old, yet they had (and continue to have) very significant [STRONG]long term [/STRONG]incentives in place. You want to "get rich now", work somewhere else. You want to [STRONG]be [/STRONG]rich later, then take your chances with JetBlue. It's called "risk versus reward". [/P]

I forgot to mention that CAL has joined the club for paying mechanics market rate. Nice, after the 1980's when the mantra was "We have to match Continental's labor costs".

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 4:55:00 PM Boomer wrote:

http://www.swaforamfa.com/swamechanicsforamfa/id5.html

10 Year AMT(A&P) Line Mechanic
UAL/IAM $34.91
SWA/Teamsters $34.98
AA/TWU $33.80

If you go to the link above, you will see a table that represents the pay scales for all the US Major carriers.

Please notice that SWA Mechanics in fact make MORE per hour than UAL Mechanics & AA Mechanics.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Southwest is doomed. They'll be next for bankruptcy due to their high labor costs.

Just kidding. It actually looks like the market rate for mechanics has been found. No wonder the UAL mechanics don't want to go backwards. (Of course it helps that the government has agreed that the market rate for airline mechanics should be around $33-34/hr, through the PEBs at NWA and UAL) Same planes, same FARs, same pay.

So work for a company, get paid lower than others, be happy! Golly Gee, why didnt I think of that? Don't you think it's possible that at one time when AA, UAL, Delta were in their infancies, and throught their long histories, they had happy employees? Morale at AA and UAL and USAir are where they are because of greedy and inept management. It is not always the fault of labor. So be happy at JetBlue, work for less than other companies while Needle-man and his fat cat investors make millions.

Remember? LET THEM EAT CAKE!

[blockquote]----------------On 1/4/2003 4:55:00 PM Boomer wrote: http://www.swaforamfa.com/swamechanicsforamfa/id5.html

UAL/IAM $34.91
SWA/Teamsters $34.98
AA/TWU $33.80

If you go to the link above, you will see a table that represents the pay scales for all the US Major carriers.

Please notice that SWA Mechanics in fact make MORE per hour than UAL Mechanics & AA Mechanics.
----------------[/blockquote]

So how much are the overhaul mechanics at SWA being paid?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/4/2003 8:07:39 PM j7915 wrote:

[blockquote]----------------On 1/4/2003 4:55:00 PM Boomer wrote: http://www.swaforamfa.com/swamechanicsforamfa/id5.html

UAL/IAM $34.91
SWA/Teamsters $34.98
AA/TWU $33.80

----------------[/blockquote]

So how much are the overhaul mechanics at SWA being paid?

----------------
[/blockquote]
J7915: I see that you advocating the separation of the Base Maintenance and Line Maintenance at AA again. Go ahead and keep reminding the company that some or all of the heavy maintenance is done by non-union workers.

Latest posts