Jets for Jobs

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/12/2003 9:16:23 PM AM49AAA wrote:

As of March 24 about 80 pilots have been placed under the program.
----------------
[/blockquote]

How many pilots turned it down before they got 80 to say yes?

I feel sorry for a guy that is so hard up financially that he has to accept a 70% pay cut to keep doing the same job, at a company that will treat him worse.

MESA is actively putting together class dates with mainline furlouhgs but ironically no self respecting mainline pilots want to work for them. Go figure!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 7:39:42 PM D3o2r8kdrvr wrote:

MESA is actively putting together class dates with mainline furlouhgs but ironically no self respecting mainline pilots want to work for them. Go figure!
----------------
[/blockquote]

That kind of "False-Bravado" will pass too. I have a number of former "Mainline" friends whom are now working for MESA. Sure it's not mainline money...but when financial obligations have to be met.....and the "Missed Meal Cramps" are nibbling on your backbone. You'll take a job that's somewhat close to what you were doing before. That is unless you have other things you can do? That will offer remotely compairable wages?

My response is not to disagree with our furloughed pilots....it's more directed at how you are slamming a hard working bunch of folks at MESA. I came up through the commuter ranks....and it's hard, and thankless work. I was happy to have a job....and that's the bottom line.