JOHN WARD....an American hero...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AC AA LA FA

Veteran
Aug 21, 2002
mars
www.usaviation.com
Just wanted to top the list with my thoughts of our beloved John Ward..
Him and all our officers..well all but one...have done NOTHING but look out for the best intrests of his membership and has ALWAYS played above board in his dealings with us and the company..He has earned my respect and many others by proving his leadership and ability to lead our large, dynamic work group thru some of the worst times in the industry....way to go John!

I've just finished a 3 day trip yesterday and had to say goodbye to both my flying partners who are being furloughed Nov 1st. (Both having 17yrs senoirity). This post is just as distasteful as Art's post was about John Ward. You are taunting us with your arrogance and inmaturity.

You have to be kidding. I am @ FL47 on my way to CYS and thewings won't stay level. Too much laughter.

Almost as nuts as my DFW news story which was designed to make a point.

You are only inserting your foot in the wrong orifice you are twirling it round and round so everyone can see it when you twitter away.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/30/2002 4:24:33 PM AC AA LA FA wrote:

Just wanted to top the list with my thoughts of our beloved John Ward..
Him and all our officers..well all but one...have done NOTHING but look out for the best intrests of his membership and has ALWAYS played above board in his dealings with us and the company..He has earned my respect and many others by proving his leadership and ability to lead our large, dynamic work group thru some of the worst times in the industry....way to go John!
----------------
[/blockquote]
Tommorrow,Halloween , will be JWs time to dress up as the American Hero.
I have a spare hotel towel to tie around his shoulders, and drycleaning bag for him to collect his goodies. Ill even throw in a flashlight.Trick or treat?

Ive been saying goodbye to TWllers on furlough since Oct 2001....
Distasteful?
So was page 2, -COntents- of the Skyword, which showed tiered pumpkins with smiley faces on top and grimaced faces on the bottom. NIce graphics of WHO's WHO in the pumpkin patch.
Happy Halloween.

...Call it what you may...bad taste,humorous,whatever...just because it isnt jelling with you-the vocal minority dosent take away from quality of leadership in John Ward..If I were you, I would ease off on all this as the facts, the majority, and soon to be, the judges decision(s)..WILL weigh in proving that I have every reason to trust my leadership and support them 100%

And you would think that the people from TWA were the only ones that were feeling the cuts. As I remember 160 AA'ers were put on the furlough list too. IOR lost flying to BHX and FCO and alot of International flying went down to just a few days a week. With the loss of meals on flights most VMC positions were axed. I think the few posters here from TWA should look around the industry and see whats happening to everyone. No matter how bad you think you have it I don't think you would want to be at any other major carrier right now. United and US Airways are taking pay cuts. You all seem to forget that you got a raise after your company declared bankruptcy. I don't feel sorry for anyone from TWA with the exception of those who were furloughed.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/31/2002 9:16:31 AM MiAAmi wrote:

And you would think that the people from TWA were the only ones that were feeling the cuts. As I remember 160 AA'ers were put on the furlough list too. IOR lost flying to BHX and FCO and alot of International flying went down to just a few days a week. With the loss of meals on flights most VMC positions were axed. I think the few posters here from TWA should look around the industry and see whats happening to everyone. No matter how bad you think you have it I don't think you would want to be at any other major carrier right now. United and US Airways are taking pay cuts. You all seem to forget that you got a raise after your company declared bankruptcy. I don't feel sorry for anyone from TWA with the exception of those who were furloughed.
----------------
[/blockquote]
If you feel so sorry for the furloughed, what are YOU doing about it.....taking an overage leave to save a job?No, you are watching out for yourself.

[SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]
[BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style=MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px][BR]----------------[BR]On [/SPAN][?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags /][st1:date Month=11 Day=2 Year=2002][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]11/2/2002[/SPAN][/st1:date][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma] [/SPAN][st1:time Hour=1 Minute=23][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]1:23:02 AM[/SPAN][/st1:time][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma] AC AA LA FA wrote: [?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice /][o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR][BR][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]yes and there were pleanty of OL avbl. at STL that went unfilled...is that the way the TWA family looks out for eachother?[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR][BR][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]----------------[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]Your post is pure flame bait.[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR][BR][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]As of November 1st, the ranks of the active STL and ISL flight attendants were reduced by almost a third, approximately 950 out of 3,100. Fortunately, over five hundred of those jobs were saved by leave takers. That is just about one sixth of the workforce. To put things in perspective (or proportion) for you, 500 OVL takers on the TWA LLC side of the fence are equivalent to 4,000 on the nAAtive side of the fence.[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR][BR][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]What you left out of your inflammatory post is the fact that in several nAAtive bases would be overage leave takers were denied their leave requests, due to insufficient leaves availability. If the discriminatory prohibition against transfers from STL and ISL was not in place, transfers from St. Louis would have allowed more flight attendants to take leaves on the American side while saving additional jobs in [/SPAN][st1:City][st1:place][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]St. Louis[/SPAN][/st1:place][/st1:City][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]. That would have been a win win situation. Unfortunately, the APFA does not see it that way and continues to block such transfers.[/SPAN][BR][BR][SPAN style=FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma]John Ward is no American Hero. He is an American Coward.[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN][BR]
[P class=MsoNormal][o:p][/o:p][/P]

An admission of guilt.......well, sort of:

And finally this week, the current issue of Skyword contains an
article entitled The TWA Seniority Dispute-Unraveling the Issues.
A footnote at the very end of the article states that Sherry Cooper,
one of the named plaintiffs in the lawsuit discussed in the article,
was serving as General Chairperson of IAM's District Lodge 142 at
the time the lawsuit was filed and is still actively serving as a
General Chairperson of IAM while simultaneously serving as the APFA
STL Domestic Chairperson. The statement regarding Ms. Cooper's
current IAM position was drawn directly from information contained
on the IAM web site at the time the article was submitted for
publication. APFA had no reason to doubt the accuracy of the IAM's
statement regarding the identity of its own officials. Ms. Cooper
reports that her IAM position terminated on July 31, 2002, prior to
the time she assumed her APFA position. Thus, the statement in
Skyword, and the IAM web site posting upon which the Skyword
statement was based, were in error. APFA had no reason to doubt the
accuracy of the IAM's publication of the identity of its own
officials and did not intentionally include any misinformation in
the article or seek to misrepresent Ms. Cooper's status.

[BLOCKQUOTE]Fom TWANR

[SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"]Your post is pure flame bait.[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"]John Ward is no American Hero. He is an American Coward.[o:p][/o:p][/SPAN]

[P class=MsoNormal][o:p][/o:p][/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]
mike says:
Your post is flame bait. Dont complain about another. when you are guilty of exactly the same.

The fact remains that due to the climate of the relationship of APFA and Ms. Cooper et al..a simple work change may have set us up to take a fall where none was deserved..APFA has been put in a corner, thanks to Ms. Cooper, and as much as everybody would like to have seen jobs saved, it just could not be done without damaging our integerity...you have one person to blame for that..you beloved Ms. C....AA has an operation to keep up and running and the number of leaves were allocated accross the system as needed....the bottom line is all AAers did their part, they were denied LOAs at their bases..the ONLY base with unfilled leaves was STL...it is as simple as that

Status
Not open for further replies.