Just as I predicted

La Li Lu Le Lo

Veteran
May 29, 2010
http://www.reuters.c...ketsNews&rpc=43

As I stated before Tom Horton was never supposed to be a long term CEO. Horton is a UNION buster. Look at the man's history. It was once stated on these forums that Mr. Horton would be out of a job post merger (because of Doug Parker). My reply at the time was this was an inevitability. There was NO chance of this NOT happening. Even without a merger Mr. Horton would still be leaving post bankruptcy.

This is nothing but a political show by the U.S. Trustee's office. Do not be fooled. Tom walking out of American Airlines with millions of dollars post bankruptcy and placing a new CEO was preordained.

Seems Mr. Parker has a bit of a judgement problem. Don't these people have limo drivers? I know this was in 2007 but still.

Nice mug shot.
View attachment 9719

http://www.azcentral...-CR.html?

http://www.nbcnews.c...e/#.UUdMcDehzfY

Knows how to manage?

I think he only knows how to rape the employees while still managing to keep a smile on their face.

Well, I guess that's a type of managerial skill.

Reactions: 4 people
You're amazing Nostradamas.

You had a 50/50 chance and you hit it right. Simply amazing.

Pre-ordained? Not likely after seeing Horton and Parker during the press conferences and the employee Q&A.

In the eyes of those inhabiting every executive office wordwide, Horton was sliced, diced and sauteed and beaten into the ground by Parker. It wouldn't have been any worse if Horton was wearing leather chaps and a dog collar and a leash held by Doug. Horton only made appearances to secure his $$$$.

Horton wanted to take over a $1 million dollars from me. Despite that, his humiliation was so bad for a CEO that I actually felt a twinge of sympathy. (not much though)

Reactions: 1 person
I would rather a leader that might party, but knows how to manage, than a sober fool without business sense.

Hmmm. Horton will have two mergers under his belt where he got payouts. Parker will have two mergers, but still has to keep showing up to get paid.

Seems to me that Horton is the one with the business sense -- he's getting out at a profit. Again.

Hmmm. Horton will have two mergers under his belt where he got payouts. Parker will have two mergers, but still has to keep showing up to get paid.

Seems to me that Horton is the one with the business sense -- he's getting out at a profit. Again.
LOL Touche' E

Mechanics looking at Parker as a savior is beyond belief. How much outsourcing does USAir do? Aren't their mechanics at the bottom pay wise right with us? Yet somehow he is supposed to make us happy mechanics?

Reactions: 3 people
Line maintenance is not outsourced,and 50% of all billable heavy maintenance must be done in-house.

US makes just above what AA makes, and it is in the first section 6 negotiations since three rounds of concessions in two bankruptcies.

Another 3% raise comes in July.

How many years out of BK are you guys? Still only cents above us.

But because Parker gave us a little kiss before he bends us over, we are in love. Just incredible.

Reactions: 5 people
Line maintenance is not outsourced,and 50% of all billable heavy maintenance must be done in-house.

US makes just above what AA makes, and it is in the first section 6 negotiations since three rounds of concessions in two bankruptcies.

Another 3% raise comes in July.
and yet DOT statistics show that US is at the upper end of outsourcing by large US carriers, not matter how you slice it. US outsources more of its maintenance than other network carriers, as much as it hates you to admit it.

JA,
AA's pilots are likely to be the ones who are most surprised with reality a few years down the pike.

It can only outsource 50% of billable hours of heavy maintenance. Line maintenance cannot be outsourced.

So half the work can be outsourced, but half the work must be done in-house.

The chapter 11 was in 05, transition agreement in 08, first section 6 negotiations started in 2011.

LOL Touche' E
Yes, I guess it depends what side of the fence you sit on E. From your side and corporate america who feel it's ok to steer a company into bankruptcy only to take everything from the employees that have worked many years to gain. To demoralize a workforce to the point to where they finish at the bottom of the DOT rankings year in and year out. To smile with your parachute all the way to the bank while watching many lives be changed forever, then yep, touche' E, that's great business sense.

Pathetic!!

Reactions: 2 people
DOT statistics are based on the value of outsourcing, not hours.
MIT's airline data project has all the data on maintenance outsourcing.
Be sure and let them know if they have anything wrong in their data which they get right from the DOT.

Reactions: 2 people
I truly dont care how the DOT views it, I am telling you how it is done contractually at US, is that too hard to comprehend?

It is audited by the union and the company.

Company base maintenance employees will perform fifty
17 (50%) percent or greater of all aircraft base maintenance work,
18 inclusive of narrow and wide-body aircraft, as follows: On an
19 annualized basis, for every billable hour of work from aircraft base
20 maintenance vendors performing Company base maintenance
21 work; modification work; scheduled drop in maintenance; and any
22 drop-in maintenance relating to fuselage damage or any other
23 damage, there will be an equal or greater number of paid hours to
24 Company base maintenance employees. This includes Company
25 Lead Mechanics, Mechanics, Inspectors, Utility and Lead Utility
26 (combined) assigned to base maintenance.

Latest posts