Just Who Is This Jeffrey Gitomer?

I went to his web site how many does this idiot have? I know exactly want kind of costomer he is………..
I bet he is the one that started that ole line the more you complain the more you get I’m glad U told him to go jump in a river they should also cancel all his ff miles if he has any.

PineyBob said:
ClueByFour said:
PineyBob said:
As for Mr. Chiames, I will tell you that he is by ALL accounts from friend and foe alike a "stand-up" guy. If you want to critisize Mr Chiames, critisize him for not banning the GIT Turd from US Airways.
How do you square that with his role as the "mouthpiece?" Let's not forget that he's the one who came on these boards and announced that US had no intention of outsourcing Airbus overhauls.
I square it quite easily actually! That post was nearly a year old by the time the decision to attempt outsourcing Airbus. Can you really say with a straight face that your company never changes its mind on major items. Things change! Daily in business and while I am still no fan of the decision to outsouce, I don't feel you can hold any manager accountable for comment made 9 months prior in this business climate.
I don't know how quick I'd be about forgiving and forgeting anything based on a time line.

IMHO...The choice to attempt to outsource the Airbus heavy work was in the cards from the day that Wolf signed on the dotted line for them.

I think in some perverse way..W&G thought the Airbus deal was a possible way out of our contracts , hince they took the multi-million dollar hit on the Boeings they backed away from prior. I believe that Wolfs thinking and inclinations only found broken wings with Seigel and Crew...only to have it backfire at the expense of millions that will be hard to justify or ever recoupe.

My reasoning is purely based on an S-Check schedule not being chisled in stone way prior to the TPA base closure taking place....along with everthing ideal (*I stress the term ideal) for the Airbus work not being installed in either CLT . PIT or even TPA for that matter.

I'm not one to say that we are not ready for the work...because we are. I will also not agree for a moment that we lack facilities , even with TPA closed to do the work either....yet I still feel that some specifics in regards support purchases for the Airbus fleet were convieniantly not pursued since 1998.

Chris Chiames was the same guy who lied to the mechanics on these very boards. I suspect the likes of him and the 'New Lorenzo' are not much different than Jeffery Gitomer.

The topic is starting to stray. Please bring it back on topic. If you wish to discuss the other items being discussed, please start a new thread dealing with that.
Thanks.

PineyBob said:
I square it quite easily actually! That post was nearly a year old by the time the decision to attempt outsourcing Airbus. Can you really say with a straight face that your company never changes its mind on major items. Things change! Daily in business and while I am still no fan of the decision to outsouce, I don't feel you can hold any manager accountable for comment made 9 months prior in this business climate.
I do.

In my firm, you are never told that something of that nature and magnitude won't happen--in fact, the possibility is often subtley communicated. In the case of the Airbus overhaul, since the things are of a certain age, number of cycles, etc, it was a known issue at that point, and presumably upper management was aware that they would need to start altering flight schedules, staffing schedules, maintenance schedules and so forth in order to do the work in house, or already had the plan in place to try the end-around.

I know that the executive suite lacks operational acumen, but even I don't think they are that stupid. Ergo, I can only conclude that Chiames knew, in which case he should have kept it zipped.

I suppose the possibility exists that his boss did not inform him, but I discount that, as well.

My Gitomer story. Id heard of Gitomer for years, finally one day we came face to face. He was ranting about the price of tickets out of CLT. I took a look at his ticket and told him i could save him about a $100.00 on the ticket he was flying on. He said oh thats Ok i did'nt pay for it anyway!@*#@%!!!! Fortunately that was my one and only experience, and maybe my last?

I don't blame Chiames for "lying" to us. I am sure he is not in the loop on every decision. Plausible deniability goes a long way in his line of work. I did notice he stopped posting here after that line though.

Latest posts