More Good News

EricLv2Fish

Veteran
Aug 25, 2005
Passing along some more good info from Corporate Communications:

Fourth Payout = $50; Could Fifth = $100?

US Team Headed in Right Direction
March 1, 2006

Dear US Airways Employee:

What do you get for a great Department of Transportation (DOT) showing four months in a row? The answer is a fourth straight Hat Trick payout delivering another $50 to employees' paychecks.

The DOT's January Consumer Report confirms that our combined US Airways mainline on-time performance (A14) for the month of January of 81.1 percent placed us second among the major carriers. That's the fourth straight month employees will enjoy a $50 payout.

DOT Complaints Drastically Improved

In the other two Hat Trick measurements, we didn't make our goals for the $100 total payout, but we did see improvement versus December. For every 100,000 passengers we boarded in January, 1.28 customers sent complaints directly to the DOT in January. That pushed us into fifth place among the majors. You'll remember that just last month, we were in LAST PLACE for customer complaints. So this is a great showing for the entire US Airways team.

Our baggage numbers for January, while leaving us in tenth place, still showed improvement over our December numbers. We reported 8.45 baggage mishandlings for every 1000 passengers we boarded during the month.

Last month I asked employees not to get discouraged by these numbers; but instead to "put the pedal to the metal in our focus to manage complaints directly on the spot." In January, we did just that and I want to thank each of your for focusing not only on our on-time performance, but also on meeting the needs of our customers. We showed solid improvement in January and I appreciate the sincere effort each of you brings to work with you each and every day. I'm confident that by working together and staying focused on these key performance indicators, we're going to deliver the Hat Trick our customers deserve sooner instead of later.

Getting Paid

Employees up to managing director-level (totaling more than 35,000 employees!) will receive their $50 in March as part of their regular paychecks.

US Airways Express
As we announced last month, starting in January 2006, employees from the wholly owned Express carriers are now included in Hat Trick payouts. Since we are all on the same team, I'd like to welcome our Express folks to the program and thank them for all they're doing to help us achieve outstanding performance for all of our customers. Congratulations to our Express team on their first Hat Trick payout!

And congratulations to all of US for starting 2006 on the right foot. Keep up the great work. We're really building a winning airline!

Al Crellin

This is great! It is nice to see that hard work is being acknowledged.

I for one appreciate the extra cash, but I am sure the complaints are just about to begin!

Your right az...and it's the same ones all the time! Ya, it's not my retirement...but it's 50 bucks I didn't have. I'll take it and WON'T complain.

I appreciate the company showing a good will gesture to the employees. But then again, I appreciate the company!
Seems like few here can relate to that sentiment.

This is great! It is nice to see that hard work is being acknowledged.

I for one appreciate the extra cash, but I am sure the complaints are just about to begin!
Again I agree just wait a couple of minutes and you'll see the same old bunch complaining that the passengers fares are to low and they complain to much, and we should get more money YADA YADA YADA
The extra cash is nice :up:

Again I agree just wait a couple of minutes and you'll see the same old bunch complaining that the passengers fares are to low and they complain to much, and we should get more money YADA YADA YADA
The extra cash is nice :up:

It's appalling to see employees bash customers on this board. They seem to forget who puts the bread on the table.

Yehaw! Guess I can freeze that possum I told you about last week (ya know the thread where certain posters were having a hissy over us having to actually do our job to get the $50?). Now we can all go to the Big Buford Buffet for dinner instead!

Great news!

And for the complainers that dont want the $50, why dont you donate it to a good charity instead of keeping it for yourself. :shock: :up:

Yehaw! Guess I can freeze that possum I told you about last week (ya know the thread where certain posters were having a hissy over us having to actually do our job to get the $50?). Now we can all go to the Big Buford Buffet for dinner instead!

Great news!

And for the complainers that dont want the $50, why dont you donate it to a good charity instead of keeping it for yourself. :shock: :up:
Amen to that. Great news. Although I do kind of miss the separate check instead of it hiding in your regular pay. But either way, it's nice to be rewarded for a job well done. Congrats to all.........!!

I too appreciate the gesture..as nothing but nothing says they have to do anything at all.

Sure...This doesn't off-set a number of losses we endured...but I'll take a $50 Bonus as opposed to a pocket full of lent anyday.

If anyone feels insulted about the $50 to possible $100 Bonues be paid out..Feel free to register your discord by shipping it my way in protest. B)

but I'll take a $50 Bonus as opposed to a pocket full of lent anyday.

That would be "lint"....today is the first day of "lent"

Some employees are never happy. Luckily, many of them left. Unfortunatley, some still lurk the boards spreading their venon.

Changing the culture takes time. This management team is leaps and bounds ahead of any I ever encountered.

Congrats to all of us!!

i think that they are going to start sending separate checks in the the future once the company is combined. i think i read that somewhere . anyway, i for one am very happy with the $50 . keep it coming. i put it in my saving and so far i have around $300.

I think I'll spend my $50 on a whole tanker car load of "Annie Green Springs" apple flavored wine! :lol:

Congrats to all of
Team US Airways! :up:

Smooth operations and high levels of customer satisfaction win business. More Business means more profit and once the profit is generated then the unions can ask for their fair share.

The place was a wreck and things are trending better and better. Some sticky FF issues and more work to be done but thinga are looking up. Congratulations to all who work so very hard.
Very true Bob . and thanks for the well wishes.

Let's just hope the local media doesn't try to put some sort of negative spin on the news! But, they probably will! The headline will be something about poor baggage performance, but a brief mention at the end of the great A14 and improved customer service scores.

Back