KC TV station says MCIE closing by next summer

As if we didn't know this was coming.

Given AA Managements' position on MRO work and "lack of capacity", don't be shocked when the AFW closure is announced soon also.

Once they get the "work rule changes" in the Labor Agreement, Tulsa will be able to handle the overhaul of the fleet.

Well, well, well -- like I didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

AArogant AAirlines is finally going to complete the plan: 1) pick and choose what parts of TWA they wanted, 2) make damn sure what's left is never reassembled to be a competitor to them. #2 also means that what's left of MCI is virtually worthless as a FBO -- it would take way too much capital input to rebuild it, thanks to their stupidity and greed.

"the dock plan shows work until next May......." The dock plan is as empty as a TWU promise, they might as well write that thing in pencil. Hell, I bet I can find a copy of it showing we'd be working 757 MAUI mods right about now. I'm betting on this place closing a whole lot sooner -- the North American 767 is about done, and the 767 Winglet/MAUI in Bay 14 is about done. Making this announcement now will deep-six what little morale can be scraped up from even the mindless TWU-loyal sheep.

I'm betting on first of the year at the latest. We'll see.

Offically announced this morning. Other changes are that SFO will be downgraded to a Class II station and Class II stations, MSP, DTW and SJC will be closed as well.
MCI planned closure is September, 2010.
Total headcount reduction is 700, both union and management.

AArogant AAirlines is finally going to complete the plan: 1) pick and choose what parts of TWA they wanted, 2) make damn sure what's left is never reassembled to be a competitor to them. #2 also means that what's left of MCI is virtually worthless as a FBO -- it would take way too much capital input to rebuild it, thanks to their stupidity and greed.

Seems to me if AA bought the assets, they should get to decide what to do with them. When Compton and the board accepted the fact TWA wasn't going to make it as a going concern, you ceded whatever control you had on the future of MCIE to the highest bidder...

If the TWA business plan was so great to begin with, why has nobody else tried to move into MCI or STL? WN's putting some opportunity adds there, but it ain't resembling anything like the big red (ink) spider map that used to be there. The only ones who seem to think there's an opportunity are the former TW employees...

Sad to see another 700 go, but the consolidated fleet is some 30% smaller than it was in 2001, and a whole lot newer.

Has any one pondered the thought of MCI/MCIE's fate had not AA purchased TWA?

I don't think anyone is relishing in the loss of jobs here. But I do agree the fleet is smaller and adjustments have to be made. The TWA folks may believe this is personal against them. You have a right to feel that way, but if you think that AA would forego TULE in favor of MCIE or even AFW for that matter, well that's just wishful thinking.

Just like Kansas City invested heavily in TWA and MCI, TULSA did so tenfold in AA andTULE.

I'm so sorry for all of you people in MCIE. AA is just pure trash. For pride alone I think you guys should go into work and not do anything. Try to get them to fire you. To hell with there $12,500 bone designed just to keep you doing there bidding so you don't forfeit the pittance. If AA had any decency at all they would at least give you all a one year severance package. God Bless all of you and your families.

Confirmed in today's news:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dw....25e857276.html

More changes on the way as well:

In addition to Kansas City, American will make changes to its line operations that maintain aircraft at airports.

It will downgrade its San Francisco line maintenance to a secondary station, close stations in Kansas City, Detroit, Minneapolis-St. Paul and San Jose, Calif., and reduce the size of its St. Louis operations, effective next September.

Sad.

I'm so sorry for all of you people in MCIE. AA is just pure trash. For pride alone I think you guys should go into work and not do anything. Try to get them to fire you. To hell with there $12,500 bone designed just to keep you doing there bidding so you don't forfeit the pittance. If AA had any decency at all they would at least give you all a one year severance package. God Bless all of you and your families.

Guess what WeAASles? Ex TWAers are not entitled to the $12500 because they are not "system protected."
I think that is somewhat decent of AA to extend that to them, regardless of your anti-AA rhethoric.
Had AA not purchased TWA, I suppose this pain and suffering would have happened 8 years ago.

Guess what WeAASles? Ex TWAers are not entitled to the $12500 because they are not "system protected."
I think that is somewhat decent of AA to extend that to them, regardless of your anti-AA rhethoric.
Had AA not purchased TWA, I suppose this pain and suffering would have happened 8 years ago.
Pretty magnAAnomous of AA to to give 12500 to the peasants, minus applicable taxes of course.
Yes, a good slAAve is happy with pittance;, while the capitalist pig gives himself millions in bonuses.
By the way, "Hope" is for a people who have no power.
Workers of the world unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains! :up: :up:

Hopeful, descent and AA don't ever belong in the same sentence. Give me a break, we all know AA has wanted to get rid of these people since day 1. They've never done a good job at hiding there intentions. Whatever you want to think about TWA why don't we just for once have some DECENCY and wish these people the best? The company can't do that but I'd like to think as people who are not losing our jobs that we can?

Hopeful, descent and AA don't ever belong in the same sentence. Give me a break, we all know AA has wanted to get rid of these people since day 1. They've never done a good job at hiding there intentions. Whatever you want to think about TWA why don't we just for once have some DECENCY and wish these people the best? The company can't do that but I'd like to think as people who are not losing our jobs that we can?
They are getting some notice, if you want to stay on the payroll bump the system, they will probly be openings at the big D, but forget about commuting unless you want to spend your time off at the airport.

They are getting some notice, if you want to stay on the payroll bump the system, they will probly be openings at the big D, but forget about commuting unless you want to spend your time off at the airport.

First it's the law that they get some notice and I'm sure that AA had to give notice to any vendors that provide whatever at MCIE? About bumping? Who there is protected or even has enough seniority to displace someone either? Any openings in DFW will go to the other stations that are having a reduction first. I don't think too many of these people will have any options? Again tell me what AA is doing for them? And yes I do know that our fleet has been significantly reduced and MCIE is the only place they can close without having to find places for the people to go. It is what it is but it still should put a bad taste in all of our mouths because what has happened to the former TWAers could have and still could happen to us someday. AA won't be happy until it can erase every memory that TWA or it's people ever existed. Thats the AA way. It's just taking them a little longer because of the size of the airline they ate to swallow the meal.