KC TV station says MCIE closing by next summer

If you noticed he never answered the question as far as if he uses Costa Rican or Mexican rates of pay for determining how he sets his own pay.

Actually, Bob, I did answer that. Perhaps you just couldn't figure out the answer. I have no choice but to consider the cost of off-shoring when I set pricing levels for my IT products and services.

Nor did he consider the costs of the shoddy workmanship being put out by these low paid facilities. He never worked on a plane that came out of a low cost overhaul. I have. Typically they would limp back to the line out of those chop shops and we would spend weeks clearing up the items that weren't there when it went into OH. They come out worse than they went in except they have a new paint job(right over the corrosion). At AA we never see that, they come out like new.

Again, you don't read very well.... Not all customers go with the lowest bidder. I see that every time I win business away from the off-shoring firms. And that's why Allegiant has stayed with AMR, but quite frankly, they're the exception. They're making money, and can afford to. The rest of the industry is pulling up the seat cushions looking for the spare change.

And again, you seem to have a xenophobic view that only licensed AMT's working in the US for a US airline (and carrying a union card?) are capable of providing quality work.

And that's simply not the case. There are unionized US airline mechanics who do crappy work (e.g. scabs in MSP & DTW?), and the work by unlicensed technicians maintaining the US military fleet probably matches (if not exceeds) the quality coming out of TUL...

So do we burn the house down so they close it earlier or do we try to get 11 more months pay? What would you recommend informer?

You knew this was coming along time ago.

You should take full pay to the last day.

Where have you been hiding? You have to admit we did try to warn you along time ago. But you and your gang of fools bought the TWU hook and now look.

How is that TWU Officer position working for you? About as well as it works for Bob Owens I presume.

<_< ----- And to add insult to injury, I heard on the news last night, AA announces that DFH will now be considered an "Overhaul base", will have the same status as TUL, and AFW, and will be doing heavy third party work!

<_< ----- And to add insult to injury, I heard on the news last night, AA announces that DFH will now be considered an "Overhaul base", will have the same status as TUL, and AFW, and will be doing heavy third party work!

MCI.....i agree this move really is a punch in the breadbasket....But I think it's more about geographics and economics. Dallas is a hug hub and it is easier to route equipment thru DFW than MCI where an aircraft is usually ferried.

MCI.....i agree this move really is a punch in the breadbasket....But I think it's more about geographics and economics. Dallas is a hug hub and it is easier to route equipment thru DFW than MCI where an aircraft is usually ferried.
Yep, thats it hopeful. We are much easier to get an aircraft to. However if they are only going to sign a lease for a year at a time I think it would be tough to get anyone to bid on it.

<_< -----Dog, I believe they've already written MCI off! Give you an example:------ Talked to some of my friends still trying to do their job for this so called Airline, and was told that AA had rescinded all of MCI's permissions on their computerized maintenance system, right in the middle of a heavy third party "C" check on a 767! And their program just wouldn't work for us!-----After some fanatic phone calls to let them know MCI was still here, and still using their damn system, some of them were begrudgedly turned back on! -----God I'm glad I retired!!!!

I see a contract on the horizon now that you all have us out of the picture. Oh wait, that was part of the plan wasn't it?

How pathetic!

Might be more truth to that than you think. However, "you all" is like saying we pecker knats had a say.

I know for certain I wasn't ask, voted, or involved. But the writing has been on the wall for sometime now.

Might be more truth to that than you think. However, "you all" is like saying we pecker knats had a say.

I know for certain I wasn't ask, voted, or involved. But the writing has been on the wall for sometime now.
<_< -----Informer, tell us something we don't already know!-------- Mojo is referring to something we've known long before I retired!!! We have been perceived as a threat to the boys in TUL from day one!----- Why, I have no idea! Maybe it's because we were ex IAM! I have no idea! And they have been determined to get reed of us no matter what!-------- Did a good job of it too!---- Got to say though, as a professional, and a fellow Unionist, I don't have too much respect for what they've done!

Most I hang around in TUL see the TWU and Jim Little as the threat.

I have never heard anyone on the floor speak of MCI as the threat since the Kasher Decision...period. Most in TUL never percieved you as a threat because your fate was written long ago. There was never any competition for survival between TUL and MCI. In fact most in TUL still don't think there is any real threat of a TUL base closure at all....Never have.

I think you folks have been drinking too much TWU Kool-Aid if you believe there was ever a competition for survival between TUL and MCI. AA has been in TUL since the 1940's and the State and City have supported that facility since day one. Never , and I mean never was there a possible TUL closure with an MCI survivial.

Most I hang around in TUL see the TWU and Jim Little as the threat.

I have never heard anyone on the floor speak of MCI as the threat since the Kasher Decision...period. Most in TUL never percieved you as a threat because your fate was written long ago. There was never any competition for survival between TUL and MCI. In fact most in TUL still don't think there is any real threat of a TUL base closure at all....Never have.

I think you folks have been drinking too much TWU Kool-Aid if you believe there was ever a competition for survival between TULperceived and MCI. AA has been in TULperceived since the 1940's and the State and City have supported that facility since day one. Never , and I mean never was there a possible TULperceived closure with an MCI survivial.
<_< -----I don't think I made myself clear. I agree!------ MCI never has been, or could it be, a physical threat to TUL! Although I believe it could be precived as a threat to the TWU's /AA management's agenda. A "loose Cannon" so to speak. Someone with a different approach to Union/management maybe? Someone who actully had the balls to challenge the TWU's actually authority by pressing for it's Seniority rights, in the transition! Who knows? ------Someone that may be out of step with Jim Little's way of doing things? :huh:

<_< Although I believe it could be precived as a threat to the TWU's /AA management's agenda. A "loose Cannon" so to speak. Someone with a different approach to Union/management maybe? Someone that may be out of step with Jim Little's way of doing things? :huh:
Are you kidding me...they are going to miss your "yes" votes that you brought in 2003. They are going to miss your anti-AMFA drive killer ways. They are going to miss your do anything for the man approach. MCI a threat...anything but. :lol:

Are you kidding me...they are going to miss your "yes" votes that you brought in 2003. They are going to miss your anti-AMFA drive killer ways. They are going to miss your do anything for the man approach. MCI a threat...anything but. :lol:
:huh:----- What did you say your name was?----- Jim Little maybe? Or just one of his boot lickers?