KC TV station says MCIE closing by next summer

<_< -----Dog, I believe they've already written MCI off! Give you an example:------ Talked to some of my friends still trying to do their job for this so called Airline, and was told that AA had rescinded all of MCI's permissions on their computerized maintenance system, right in the middle of a heavy third party "C" check on a 767! And their program just wouldn't work for us!-----After some fanatic phone calls to let them know MCI was still here, and still using their damn system, some of them were begrudgedly turned back on! -----God I'm glad I retired!!!!
Yeah I see MCIE`s BOW`s everyday. So they are still online. If it matters I think the guys in mcie will act proffesionally and with dignity until the last day. You sir are lucky to have retired. I fear for many of us that will not be an option.

<_< -----I don't think I made myself clear. I agree!------ MCI never has been, or could it be, a physical threat to TUL! Although I believe it could be precived as a threat to the TWU's /AA management's agenda. A "loose Cannon" so to speak. Someone with a different approach to Union/management maybe? Someone that may be out of step with Jim Little's way of doing things? :huh:
MCI a loose cannon please, you have been s##t on since they got you , home of the 757 MAUI Mod gone, 767 winglet Mod going, 757 winglets great job, and several drop ins no one else wanted and now that they tell you that the base will close and all is almost normal, keep it up maybe you get another free meal from the company, DO YOU RECALL MAY 10th 1991, that was something that will never be seen agian, what happened I thought the older you got the more balls................

And now to lighten things up a bit....
A blonde woman was speeding down the road in her
little red sports car and was pulled over by a woman
police officer who was also a blonde.

The blonde cop asked to see the blonde driver's license.

She dug through her purse and was getting progressively more agitated.
"What does it look like?" she finally asked..

The policewoman replied, "It's square and it has your picture
on it"

The driver finally found a square mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman.
Here it is," she said..

The blonde officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying,

"Okay, you can go. I didn't realize you were a cop."

Yeah I see MCIE`s BOW`s everyday. So they are still online. If it matters I think the guys in mcie will act proffesionally and with dignity until the last day. You sir are lucky to have retired. I fear for many of us that will not be an option.
<_< ------Things in life have a habit of changing when you least expect it!------- Let's hope things do!--- For the better! -----Good Luck to you hog!

<_< -----I don't think I made myself clear. I agree!------ MCI never has been, or could it be, a physical threat to TUL! Although I believe it could be precived as a threat to the TWU's /AA management's agenda. A "loose Cannon" so to speak. Someone with a different approach to Union/management maybe? Someone who actully had the balls to challenge the TWU's actually authority by pressing for it's Seniority rights, in the transition! Who knows? ------Someone that may be out of step with Jim Little's way of doing things? :huh:

The only reason that there was a dog and pony show with Kasher had to do with money and AA wanted it from the state and the city. The company got with the twu and they created this show along with the iam. If the twu would have had their way they would have stapled you guys to the bottom just like they did the Reno guys and it would have been alot less head aches for them. If the former twa people would have been stapled to the bottom when the first layoff came KC would have been cleaned out along with St Louis and then aa would have lost or had to pay back all that bond money. If fighting or greviances had anything to do with it the twa flight attendants would not have been stapled. Oh and lets not forget about your local president Gordan Clark who sold you guys down the river. The story that he sold the x-twa guys was created by the twu and he got his payoff with an Int position. It does'nt matter who you are. To this company you are only a number and to the twu you are only dues money. So follow the money trail and you will find all the answers.

<_< ------I've got to admit I've been out of the loop for almost a year now, but last I heard Gordan was still President of local 530.------ Now maybe you know something I don't, but I don't believe that's considered an International position!

<_< ------I've got to admit I've been out of the loop for almost a year now, but last I heard Gordan was still President of local 530.------ Now maybe you know something I don't, but I don't believe that's considered an International position!
Yep, the head of the sheep was still coming in to MCI when I was last there -- gave me nausea just to see his worthless, non-working (text excised) coming in as I was leaving.

But don't worry, I'm sure he'll be well compensated for his blind loyalty while the rest of us are shoved out the door.

If there was a shred of integrity left in the Totally Worthless Union they'd refund the dues money of everyone being put out the door -- given the details regarding the MD-80 contract work and DFW "maintenance base" info.......

<_< ----- Hey Ken, maybe they'll through one hell'va party with the left over Union dues just before they close the doors!---- Be nice if they invited us old retired farts also!!! :rolleyes: ----- Or am I asking too much? :unsure: I noticed that for the first time in years, the retirees have been excluded for the Christmas Dinner by AA!!!!----- Just another cost cutting measure??? Even when TWA was in Chapt.11, we had our Dinner,------- with the retirees!!! :down:

<_< ----- Hey Ken, maybe they'll through one hell'va party with the left over Union dues just before they close the doors!----
I think there's about as good a chance of that happening as there is of me throwing one of those MD-80's :shock:
I'm sure Gordon and his cronies will find a way to rat-hole the excess away for their own "rainy day".
I noticed that for the first time in years, the retirees have been excluded for the Christmas Dinner by AA!!!!----- Just another cost cutting measure??? Even when TWA was in Chapt.11, we had our Dinner,------- with the retirees!!! :down:
Last time I was in there (getting ready to take another "trip" right now until January, souped-up 707's will be the plane of choice) AA wasn't planning to have a dinner. 530 is doing the fandango down at Bartle Hall for all the good little sheep, but nothing I head about at MCI.

I think there's about as good a chance of that happening as there is of me throwing one of those MD-80's :shock:
I'm sure Gordon and his cronies will find a way to rat-hole the excess away for their own "rainy day".

Last time I was in there (getting ready to take another "trip" right now until January, souped-up 707's will be the plane of choice) AA wasn't planning to have a dinner. 530 is doing the fandango down at Bartle Hall for all the good little sheep, but nothing I head about at MCI.
<_< ---- Hey Ken, When your working on those Gray, souped up, 707's, keep a sharp eye out on the data plates on the control surfaces. ------ TWA sold Uncle Sam a bunch of them years ago when it put their's on the ground! :rolleyes:

<_< ---- Hey Ken, When your working on those Gray, souped up, 707's, keep a sharp eye out on the data plates on the control surfaces. ------ TWA sold Uncle Sam a bunch of them years ago when it put their's on the ground! :rolleyes:
Who is going to be responsible for the toxic clean up from all of the aircraft which had paint striped in their wet dock, I was told from someone who once worked at MCI it all drained to a holding tank? That has got to be a mess after 40 years or more................ :unsure:

Who is going to be responsible for the toxic clean up from all of the aircraft which had paint striped in their wet dock, I was told from someone who once worked at MCI it all drained to a holding tank? That has got to be a mess after 40 years or more................ :unsure:
Also just curious, when a TWA 747, L1011, 767, went in for a heavy D or C-check whatever you called it ( when floorboards, sidewalls, insulation, was removed, was that Red and White paint striped down to the aluminum and re-painted, :huh: or just paint over the existing paint and dont care about extra weight??????

Also just curious, when a TWA 747, L1011, 767, went in for a heavy D or C-check whatever you called it ( when floorboards, sidewalls, insulation, was removed, was that Red and White paint striped down to the aluminum and re-painted, :huh: or just paint over the existing paint and dont care about extra weight??????
It's my memory that it depended on the particular situation: if major repairs were being done to the skin, they stripped them. If not, the paint stayed on -- in fact, since TWA had so many different 747's (they picked up from one place or another) it wasn't uncommon to see that they painted over the old markings in order to get the plane out on the system ASAP.

The old docks that AA has done such a great job of dismantling in 112 and 114 (one more way they made damn sure no one else could utilize the place without spending a butt-load of cash) had many layers of paint on them when I was hired in 1986 -- you could peel off a piece and see the layers of red and white, with a few odd colors thrown in from time to time.

There were two L-1011's that would get a slight "repainting" each year, when TWA would lease them to an outfit called Five Star. They painted over the "Trans World" on the side and the "TWA" on the tail, added "Five Star" to the sides and five stars on the tail and off they'd go. One was featured in the Steven King movie "The Langoliers".